Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel terrible can't wait for my date :(

Hi everyone I'm feeling down today. Was walking just now and I couldn't even walk properly my knees hurt my back hurts and I couldn't wait to get home and lie down. I can't walk fast or I'll start breathing heavily/ heaving. Sometimes I wonder how did I get to this place.

This whole process is taking forever with insurance, with all the requirements and sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get my date. I just needed to rant :(

Hang in there..you can do it.

Hang in there it will happen when it is supposed to. Good for you for getting out there and walking even though it is difficult. The more you do now the better you will do later. I know it is frustrating but every day you will get better and go further. The more you lose the more you can do. Good luck and feel free to vent and get it off you chest! We are here!

I started the process in November of last year. My surgery date is now about 4 1/2 weeks away. I didn't think it would ever get here. I read these boards and saw all kinds of people getting their surgery and saying, "don't worry, the time will fly by."

Well, you know what, it pretty much has. I figured, it took me nine months to grow a human being, I can take six months or so to go through this process.

I know you're probably tired of hearing it, but it WILL get here before you know it. Mine took a year, and I'll never forget how jealous I felt watching people I started out with all getting dates before me, who are now six months or more post op. Or worse yet, all the ones who started way after me getting dates before me. Talk about feeling like a wallflower at the prom. Nobody was interested in signing my dance card and there was no spiked punch around to commiserate over.

But then one day I began to just let it go, and stopped trying to fight a battle I could never win. That's not to say that I haven't had my share of "woe is me" days, and more than a few private hissy fits have been thrown and tears shed.

Heck I've grown a year older since I started this journey and I'm no spring chicken to begin with. I've celebrated Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, MLK, Easter, Memorial Day, and 4th of July (twice) since I've been waiting, and now the cycle is starting over again. Now finally, I've got my long awaited date - the pivotal golden ticket - and wouldn't you know it - I'm still waiting, because it's not until 07/29!

I bear the dubious distinction of being the only Girl Scout in my adolescent troop to have never earned a single badge. Not one. (I was a bit of a rebel in my day). But you know what, I'm going to go buy myself a sash and pin on a big old golden "Patience" badge of honor on it, and I'm going to wear that sucker on my chest proudly as they wheel me into the operating room.

The moral of this story, in a very round about way is, you can swim yourself into a frenzy, but you're never going to change the direction of the current, so don't waste your time. Start swimming with it and you'll be surprised how quickly you will arrive at your chosen destination.

You will be so amazed at how better you feel so quickly!!

Good luck!

Reading all these posts help. I'm lap waiting a second time. Untried for approval in 2013 and was denied. I then did Herbalife, became a vegan, and lost over 70 lbs working out religiously. However due to injuries from the military and other things (gunshot) to the chest, I'm up to 300lbs. My physician submitted my paperwork to the insurance company on May 22,2016 so I'm expectantly waiting for a date! Thanks again for inspiring hope

DSLdiversity