Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fat Related Routines You Won't Miss

Best thread ever!

I'm not going to miss

-the exhaustion of carrying around over 100 lbs of excess fat

-sweating

-being afraid I'll break a chair or a bench

-lifting parts of my body to wash/dry/powder underneath

I'm looking forward toy son and students being able to wrap their arms around me when they hug me

-I'm a teacher and my son goes to my school. As both a parent and a teacher, my biggest fear is having a situation at school and not being able to get my kids out safely. Earlier this year, I realized if we had a fire and had to go out the window instead of the door, I'm not sure I would get through the window. I'm NOT going to miss that fear!

I used to dread family pictures because I've always been the only overweight one in my immediate family. Now I love taking pics and "fitting in"! Here I am with my parents and siblings last weekend.

post-233184-14366750397998_thumb.jpg

@ You are radiant! And even without the faces of your family members seen, you would have still been the brightest light of all. The happiness in your stance and body language is unmistakeable. ????

Edited by The Candidate

@ You are radiant! And even without the faces of your family members seen, you would have still been the brightest light of all. The happiness in your stance and body language is unmistakeable. ????

Thanks! I went shopping at Macy's and my dresses ended up being size Medium. I couldn't believe it! I got compliments all day long so it was a nice boost to my self-esteem.

I will not miss the whole powdering thing, or sweating right out of the shower. I try to shower at night for that reason. Hate trying to put on a sports-type bra over my head when I've just showered - it sticks and rolls up on my back. I was so hoping to get my surgery before this summer so I would not have all the sweaty details to deal with again, but I'm scheduled for Sept.

I will not miss rolling around in my bed to get momentum to get up LOL! I have a waveless waterbed and it's hard to get over the side when you sink down to the bottom.

I will not miss the contortions to tie my shoes without passing out!

I used to dread family pictures because I've always been the only overweight one in my immediate family. Now I love taking pics and "fitting in"! Here I am with my parents and siblings last weekend.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1436675035.838277.jpg

Before I clicked on the thumbnail to see the full image, I thought your family members were all wearing crazy hats like they were going to a royal wedding or the Kentucky Derby! :lol:

Can't wait to see my lady bits again. I go in surgery tomorrow! I also won't miss my thighs rubbing together, or my back rolls popping out my tank tops or bras, I won't miss sweating like crazy for no reason, and I won't miss being bigger than my husband.

I'm not at my goal yet, but some of the things I will NOT miss are:

1. Painful dark marks on my shoulders from wearing bras that really couldn't hold up my boobs. I went from a cup size K down to a E / F.

2. Painful sore spots on my abdomen from wearing jeans that were too tight in the waistband, but were the only ones I could find in a Tall size (so they wouldn't be "high waters" AND too tight.

3. Struggling to find shoes because a size 12W is not a guaranteed prescription for comfortable OR cute shoes. I now wear a size 11M and happy about it!

4. Wearing "bulletproof" girdles and briefers because I wanted desperately to hold in the big stomach...now I can go with nothing except undies, or on the rare occasion that I wear a shaper, it's MUCH more lightweight and doesn't make me sweat buckets!

Can't wait until I get to my goal and hold it for a year or more, so i can do another post like this one and come up with more things I WON'T miss!

I don't miss walking into the gym and having people give me the "GOOD FOR YOU FOR TRYING" looks (I am sure it was all in my imagination) for making it through a workout or class.

ABSOLUTELY! THIS ONE!

1. Painful dark marks on my shoulders from wearing bras that really couldn't hold up my boobs. I went from a cup size K down to a E / F.

2. Painful sore spots on my abdomen from wearing jeans that were too tight in the waistband, but were the only ones I could find in a Tall size (so they wouldn't be "high waters" AND too tight.

3. Struggling to find shoes because a size 12W is not a guaranteed prescription for comfortable OR cute shoes. I now wear a size 11M and happy about it!

4. Wearing "bulletproof" girdles and briefers because I wanted desperately to hold in the big stomach...now I can go with nothing except undies, or on the rare occasion that I wear a shaper, it's MUCH more lightweight and doesn't make me sweat buckets!

Can't wait until I get to my goal and hold it for a year or more, so i can do another post like this one and come up with more things I WON'T miss!

How much did you lose to see the shoe size change? I'm in the same boat, wear a 12w.... So many more options exists at Size 11!!

How much did you lose to see the shoe size change? I'm in the same boat, wear a 12w.... So many more options exists at Size 11!!

I'm in the big foot category too. 12M here. Sooooo hoping they drop to an 11M at the very least!

Can't wait to say good bye to seat sweat. Always scared to sit in a plastic seat and be the first to get up and know it looks like you peed. Will hopefully miss putting tissue between the girls because they were smooshed. Looking for the seat that does not have arms that will rub my thighs. Wearing short sleeves and having to push the side boobs back in. The push up bra that cuts into your skin. Someone said this. Not having to wear a splash guard every day even when is not that time of the month. Not having to worry about going shopping with friends and nothing in their store doesn't fit.

Shoe size dropped from 18 EW to 17 EW (Bigfoot), primarily due to all edema going away. I expect to be at a mere 16 EW by the time I hit goal in Feb.

Airline seats. I no longer freak out about them. :)