Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fat Related Routines You Won't Miss

So this morning after taking a shower, and elbow deep in my usual routine of slathering on the lotion, and slapping on the baby powder, in hopes of reducing friction, I thought, I can't wait until I don't have to do this anymore after I lose the weight.

What fat related routines, patterns, or things are you hoping to leave behind after surgery?

PS: Johnson & Johnson stock is really going to take a plunge after I stop buying the lotion and powder.

No longer having to plan on how to cut my toenails. Used to be a logistical hassle - leg up, breath, suck in gut, bend, gasp for air ;-) No more.

Having to request a table instead of a booth at a restaurant. Pretty sure fitting won't be an issue anymore.

@OKCPirate that's one of mine too - cutting my own toenails!

Walking into a clothes shop and not pushing everything to the side so I can get to the biggest sizes straight away (oh and not hearing across the shop, "We don't do large sizes".

Kate

Edited by ukkateuk

@@The Candidate

Shaving my legs and arm pits was a chore. My shower is a small vertical coffin.Now I fit in it and I'm hairless! thanks sleeve

so many things......

We now sit in booths again also,

Not being SOB with showering or walking to the bathroom and back

Painting my own toenails

wipe my butt (TMI) I know but it was starting to become an issue

Walking into the convience store and embarrased because all I was buying was chips, doughnuts and soda and it was all for me!!

Ordering a "normal" size meal and taking 3/4 of it home for 3 additional meals.

getting out of a chair without grunting.

Any many more

@@jenn1 Hairless you say! You give me hope.

Oh please Lord make it so! I can't wait to get reacquainted with the parts of my body I haven't even been able to reach or see for the last 20 years!

Laying down to sleep at night and not feeling like I'm being strangled!! :rolleyes:

Painting my own toenails.

Oh I thought of another one! If I never have to purchase a shirt with a cute picture of kittens and puppies I will be thrilled.

I don't know what is about large sized women's shirts but they all seem to come out of the pages of a children's coloring book!

Sticking my arms inside my knit tops when I put them on and pre-stretching them out so they fit better.

Sticking my arms inside my knit tops when I put them on and pre-stretching them out so they fit better.

Girl. I used to go so far as to put them over a chair the night before to stretch. Now I put my arms in and it feels as if it's going to be too tight and then it slides right on with room to spare. Size XXL to a medium. Life is good.

Hiding. Taking forever choosing clothes which would keep my fat as camouflaged as possible. I don't miss any of that. Here I am -- me. Take me or leave me but I don't hide out anymore. Not feeling judged is a beautiful thing. I can just be myself and not worry now. Hell, I wore a BATHING SUIT (what?) and didn't give it a second thought. Really? Sometimes I wonder if this is all real or if it's just a dream.

I also do not miss dieting. I am not on a diet. I eat well. I make good choices, but thank god I am through with dieting. It didn't work but boy did I work so very hard during those decades when I'd only bounce back with a little more of a gain each time. That is OVER.

I don't miss hunger. In fact (gasp!), I welcome it. I am in sync with my body for the first time in so long. Hunger is a normal thing. It means it's time to eat something. That's OKAY.

Love this post! :D

I won't miss not fitting the seat belt in a friend's car.

I won't miss worrying if someone's outdoor plastic chairs will fit my butt, and when I decide to sit on them, I won't miss standing up and having the chair stick to my butt.

I won't miss being uncomfortable in theater seats.

@OKCPirate. Hahahahahahaha....tears are running down my face. Too funny!!!!!