Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Delicious protein drinks for pre or post op?

Apologies if this was already mentioned - If so can someone post the link?

I'm getting ready for pre op and post op stuff. Wondering what Protein Drinks are tolerable or not disgusting for me to have. Any preference??

Your NUT can give you the specific nutritional criteria to follow, but my favorite ready-to-drink is EAS Myoplex Original (300 calories for 42g of protein). It is one of the more protein-dense meal substitute drinks I've found. strawberry is my favorite flavor, but chocolate fudge is cheaper and almost as good. Rich dark chocolate is hard to find and not as good as chocolate fudge, IMO. I don't care for their Cookies & cream. It has a slightly bitter coffee-like flavor that I don't like, but I also don't like coffee for that reason.

I also like EAS Protein powder, but post-op, I don't need to go grocery shopping very often, and I got tired of fighting the grocery store crowds for just milk. It's amazing with a 1/2 scoop of PB2, but the PB2 does add some grit that'll settle to the bottom.

Hello Wagyu,

I agree with Jason from Houston. Premier Protein shake is 30 grams of Protein and 160 calories. I drink the chocolate. I think they're delicious and so I don't mind drinking them.

Ditto. Premier Protein. Headed to Sam's now to buy some. $15 for 12 pack. Have paid $10 for 4 at Albertsons and $25 for 12 pack at Tom Thumb. chocolate tastes like chocolate milk to me. The vanilla is actually breathe good too. I put a little sugar free Salted Caramel Syrup in it and yummy!

Premier Protein for me also. I like Jay Robb powder also that I get at The Vitamin Shoppe.

Just a side note, you cannot absorb more than 30g of Protein at a time so if you do a higher content one then split up the drink into two sessions.

I chuckled at "delicious", I'm not sure that exists! But there are quite a few that are good enough to be drinkable every day. I second (third, fifteenth?) Premier, it's easy and tastes like Yoo-Hoo to me when it's ice cold. My other go-to's are Syntrax matrix (particularly mint chocolate cookie and strawberry) and Syntrax nectar Cappuccino (but only doctored up with sugar free caramel coffee flavor and extra espresso powder).

Ice helps, too, at least for me - I tend to like them made with milk but a touch watered down and super cold.

Haha thanks everyone and yeah I know I know Protein Shakes? Delicious?? Nawhhhh. Haha but I need to find the closest thing. Thanks for the help!!! I'll get some of the ones you guys mentioned and see which I like

I absolutely hate the Premier Protein shakes. My faves are the Syntrax Nectar powders. I have yet to taste one I didn't like, but my favorite is probably fuzzy navel. They are really great mixed with Water in a shaker bottle. They mix well and the taste is not strong at all and they don't have that thick, artificial milky sweet taste that I don't like about Premier. I've had fuzzy navel, vanilla bean torte, wild cherry and chocolate truffle and they're all great.

I was a big fan of Muscle Milk for awhile, but Premier was the ultimate winner.

@@Jason In Houston...are those products available in Wal-Mart...the only shake I found I like is slim fast...ive tried a few

I don't shop at Wal-Mart. They never have more than two registers open.

I've found them at a very large HEB grocery store as refrigerated singles, which are great for taste-testing. Both HEB and occasionally CVS have them in 4 packs as well as large tubs of powder. They're also available online from Amazon in a box of 12, but at $42 / 12-pack, I couldn't afford that subscription.