Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This morning as I was measuring me eggs my husband decides to take my 1/2 egg out of my bowl that I had just measured my portion in. I literally turned to put my scale away and turn back and he is eating an egg out of my bowl!!!!! I got so mad, I lost my mind on him. There were boiled eggs sitting right next to my bowl in the package he could have had!!! But no he had to get it out of my little bowl! What is wrong with him?!?!? I swear he lives to make me crazy! However I am crazier since surgery too, my temper is really bad. Anyone else going though this too? Help me with tips on this type of thing as well if you have any!

@@mtraverse

Eat in a room away from him..lol He should put his big boy panties on and get up and get his own meal.

I hope he has learned his lesson! If he is over 10 years old, he should be able to make his own eggs…he is over 10 years old, right??

It wasn't very considerate of him and I understand the reaction. Some people have a lot of luck with the counting to 10 or 20 thing (before speaking).

Someone mentioned to me that we could make little cards or signs to give to people - the thought being that they could hold them up if you are going off the deep end or something. I didn't follow this advice and haven't needed anything like it (yet). I'm not sure how I would respond if someone held a sign/card up at me anyway.

Yes. The anger would sneak up on me. I never saw it coming until it was too late and I was mad as he**. After several months of this my kids asked me if I noticed that I was mad all the time.

So I decided it had to stop. I was sick of myself anyway. I made a decision to change back into at least a moderately happy person. It took a little while. Kind of a fake it til you make it thing. You can do it too. Life's too short to be mad.

I used to go crazy on everyone. Yelled if they ate in front of me yelled if they didn't. Be mindful that they are also going through it with us and they don't know how we feel

Thanks all for your understanding and kind words. Take it day by day and keep in mind what I am doing at all times! Husband is much older than 10 but acts like that or less sometimes! Lol it's a process we are learning!

This morning as I was measuring me eggs my husband decides to take my 1/2 egg out of my bowl that I had just measured my portion in. I literally turned to put my scale away and turn back and he is eating an egg out of my bowl!!!!! I got so mad, I lost my mind on him. There were boiled eggs sitting right next to my bowl in the package he could have had!!! But no he had to get it out of my little bowl! What is wrong with him?!?!? I swear he lives to make me crazy! However I am crazier since surgery too, my temper is really bad. Anyone else going though this too? Help me with tips on this type of thing as well if you have any!

I think I'd have gone lost it too frankly. That's just blatantly thoughtless and inconsiderate. However I may not be in the best place to assess that either. Until today I was doing just fine and I'm noticing that today that holy Hannah the hormones have landed. I was warned, but for the first couple weeks managed to sleep through it or something. Today I'm crying at the drop of a hat over stupid things and super sensitive about stuff I normally wouldn't care about. I'm sure your doc told you but rapid weight loss floods your system with hormones because estrogen is stored in fat... So I guess I'm losing quickly... woohoo? I'm planning on making chamomile tea a regular part of my hydration plan and hope it helps a lot. :P

It wasn't very considerate of him and I understand the reaction. Some people have a lot of luck with the counting to 10 or 20 thing (before speaking).

Someone mentioned to me that we could make little cards or signs to give to people - the thought being that they could hold them up if you are going off the deep end or something. I didn't follow this advice and haven't needed anything like it (yet). I'm not sure how I would respond if someone held a sign/card up at me anyway.

I would probably slap that shit out of their hand if I was mad enough.

I am eleven months post op and it literally Pisses me off when my husband eats the healthy Snacks and then chooses to go ahead and eat unhealthy ones after "mine" are all gone. Dang it! He eats the nuts and then eats Cheetos. And he doesn't just eat a handful of nuts he will eat the whole dang container. Or I measure out something and he takes something off my plate. Keep your fingers to yourself I will tell him and he says, you can't eat that much anyway. That's not the point I had it measured. Lol so as I sit and type this I realize I still have those little angry moments even after being out 11 months. Sounds ridiculous as I type it but it's true.

lol, I'm so happy my husband and I both had the surgery. That would make me go crazy too!

wow!! im going through the same thing 26 days post op. my temper is short now, and ive been really moody ????????

It's terribly annoying to myself and everyone around me I'm sure! Struggle daily to be in a good mood, especially with my hubby

What relief that I am not the only one experiencing this!!! Thanks for ALL your replies!!! I def. need to communicate to him more the importance of leaving my measured food alone.