Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I tried one as breakfast meal replacement and got super sick shortly after, any one else experience this??

I had the same thing happen in the weeks after surgery. I tolerate them just fine now, when I'm in a pinch and can't get to a meal.

I had no problem with Quest bars. They are good when you are on the go and cannot take your blender with you to mix up a Protein shake. They also have a lot of Fiber with helps with Constipation issues. Protein Bars become an option for a Protein supplement a few months after surgery. They cannot be used right away.

I'm 10 months out from surgery, so I figured it would be fine, I ate about half and felt super full and uncomfy, then got really sick :s Maybe they just aren't for me? Thanks for the input guys :)

Ok, good to know it's not just me...:) thanks for responding!

I'm a little over 2 months and I love the Peanut Butter and jelly one. I can not eat the whole thing in one sitting. I do about half at a time. I also drink the premiere strawberry and creme shake. Again only half a day. It's a great way for me to boost my Protein intake. I've never gotten sick from either.

Quest Bars were my go-to bar prior to surgery. I still have a few boxes left, but am scared to try them since I'm only a little over 2 months out. Might try a few bites this week now that I think about it.

I love the Quest bars, and have never had a problem with them. I am 3 1/2 months out, and started eating them about a month ago. There are so many great flavors. I also recently learned a new trick from "The World According to Eggface" blog - you can cut these bars into 8 pieces, and bake them for a cookie-like treat! Check it out!! Good luck to finding a bar that works for you.

@@Jltambur I make the Cookies from 2 different bars at a time so I have variety. I cut them into 4 pieces instead of 8 and sprinkle them with a lil Splenda when they come out of the oven. They taste so much better this way. I usually eat 2 (half a bar) at a time as a snack while watching TV or I'll take them with me when I'm out and about shopping, etc. I like making Jello sugar free/fat free pudding with 16 oz. of Premier Protein. A half cup serving and 1 cookie make a wonderful 16g Protein snack as well :D It's all about making Protein #1 now!!!

@@Livincrimson it may be the sugar alcohol that makes you feel sick. They don't always sit well with everyone.

Thanks :) you may be right, its too bad though, I have such trouble getting in my Protein. .anything would help

I've tried the Quest bars once-a Cookies and cream, and it was so disgusting I wanted to puke and I am pre-op! I have a very sensitive palate, but wow those are b-a-d! My kids won't even eat them and they eat everything! I'm really enjoying the Pure Protein Bars. There's anywhere from 20-23 grams of Protein per bar and relatively low sugar although the sugar alcohol in the one I had today was 8g! They taste good though. I usually have one for breakfast each morning.