Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I get the hiccups ALOT, especially while eating. and I HATE the hiccups. does anyone else experience this?

I have them right now as a matter of fact. I get them all the time. Usually just 3 or 4 at a time, but several times a day!

They were super painful right after being banded, but now it's just an annoyance. I kind of got used to it. I hiccup often enough that my 10yo nephew commented one day, "You sure hiccup alot!" LOL! I just said, YEP!

Yes, hiccups are very common. If you are getting them when you eat it is a sign that you are near full. Its a restriction sign so don't overdue it.

I second Julie's comment. Three or four big hiccups are a big stop sign for me. As soon as they hit, I am done eating. I would say I get them a few times a week.

It happens when you eat more than what your capacity. It is due to expansion of the upper part of the stomach

I get them if I try to eat too much. I wish I only got 3 or 4 at a time. Usually they are painful and last 1/2 hour at least. I could get them some times after just eating 2 small bites of fish. I dread the hiccups and sometimes resort to more fattening liquidy foods just to avoid them. I think I need a slight unfill.

I got the hiccups every time I stood up or sat down for the first month after being banded, but now (2 months later) it's only when I overeat. It was unbelievably annoying at first, the only thing that made me actually doubt my decision, but they finally do pass.

Usually when I have hiccups it's because as Julie said I have hit my stopping point. When I have hiccups it is usually accompanied by needing to do a small throw up...as it brings food back up. Very painful. I try to avoid situations that cause hiccups.

Hiccups is my version of a PB. I only ever get them when I"ve overdone it or am trying to eat something extra difficult. I've just had them this minute, from trying to eat sushi for lunch. Obviously since my last fill I cant eat sushi anymore, must make a mental note of that.

I get a horrid blocked feeling, think "this is going to come up", slime a bit and then have several ENORMOUS hiccups and then it passes.

after i got my last fill ( 7 cc in 9cc band ) i started to have the hiccups ... even while drinking water... sometimes its very annoying to have them in front of ppl or at univesty... and some of them are very painful.. :S it likes pushing the band strongly form the stomach...

I get them all of the time, almost every time I eat. I have only had one fill so I am not full, because I am able to eat again after they stop. Usually the first few bites are followed with hiccups unless it is liquid. I am finding it hard because I cannot eat meats and veggies.

I get them quite often.My son laughs at me as they are such HUGE hiccups.

Sometimes they can mean you are full or close to full but sometimes they are a signal to slow down, leave a bit of time between bites etc.