Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hmmm I wouldn't say it feels like a big meal because only once did I feel that way and it was because I chugged my liquid vitamins and felt really sick afterwards. However hunger is very supressed. And you just don't feel like eating much. A lot of it for me is that it hurts to eat cold things or sometimes my stomach cramps when I eat so you just don't feel like eating often. It has gotten a lot better though. You do feel satisfied surprisingly quick. For example, my mom made me some split pea Soup and put in several containers. Each of those would normally be one serving of soup for me. But it has taken me about 3 days to eat one container. Also those Campbell cream based Soups that come in a can and you add one can of Water, well one of those will be what I eat throughout the entire day. I've been losing a pound a day til day 6 and half a pound a day afterwards.

@@AlphaB you are so nice I really needed to hear that!! Wow so post op you are actually full after a couple of sips of Protein Shakes? Amazing! So your fullness is it like a type of fullness like u feel after eating a big meal?

You can privately message me if you'd like!

Miso Soup can that be purchased in the grocery store?

I live in new jersey so there's Japanese and Chinese restaurants in every corner that sell it. Pretty much any spot with sushi sells it. It's like an appetizer soup and it's clear. I read that you can go to an Asian market and purchase the soy bean paste to make it. I haven't had any luck finding it made at the store.

@@AlphaB you are so nice I really needed to hear that!! Wow so post op you are actually full after a couple of sips of Protein Shakes? Amazing! So your fullness is it like a type of fullness like u feel after eating a big meal?

Also! Before your surgery drink lots of Water and make sure you are hydrated. I Made the Mistake of not drinking enough water and since you cant eat or drink after midnight the night before you sre SUPER thirsty by the time your surgery is done. My doctor didn't let me drink til the day after once my xrays were taken. So that was about 36 hours without a drink and it sucked.

Hi everyone, today is a good day! I finally got my pain under control, and learned what works for me to take care of the nausea. Let me first say that for most of the others I have met here in the hotel, they do very well and recover easily. So my experience was not the norm. I had Water nausea. Just plain water made me feel sick. So, I was sipping apple juice instead. But the nurse told me that the high sugar content of the juice was what was giving me diarrhea . So, now I pour just a little juice into my water, and it doesn't give me any problems. So, that is one suggestion for you. The other one is: they take you to get a medicine called Graloxen that is like Maalox. I drink a couple of swallows of that after I get my broth or juice down, and it seems to soothe the uncomfortable feeling in my stomach. If you are here in Tijuana, the drugstore sells something called Gex Gel, which is thicker than the Graloxen and it also contains Famotadine, which is an acid reducer. It comes in convenient individual serving size foil packets. You just tear off the corner and squeeze it into your mouth. That works the best. I take it whenever I get heartburn, and right before bed. It's works wonders, and allowed me to finally get a full night's sleep. I feel so much better! And I hope these tips help some of you out who may also experience nausea or heartburn.

Praying for those who are having surgery this week ????.

thanks so much! I'm the 20

Praying for those who are having surgery this week ????.

thanks so much! I'm the 20
Hi Rose4Life me too don't know what time yet though. Going for lab work, type and screen tomorrow morning.

Edited by jfer

@@Dawn306 I'm allowed to have juices I just have to dilute them 3-1 that might mean you don't have to take anything for the diarrhea but still get down enough liquids.

Can u have acrylic on your nail as long it's short? For surgery

depends on the hospital

I'm on day 8 of the pre op diet and boy am I wanting to eat something outside of my doctor's orders! I logged on to get some support so I can stay on track. The big day is August 24th!!!

I looked up the Recipe for Miso Soup made a batch for the family and I had the Miso broth. I felt so much better.

Yay! Miso soup is the best! Wasn't it a great idea? So delicious and much better than just gross chicken broth. My mom made me tortilla soup broth too. She got the chicken broth, condimented it, cooked bell peppers, onions, cilantro, Tomato sauce in it and then blended it and strained it for me. It was full of flavor yet still clear. Perfect for pre op.