Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@ylluz thanks please pray for me I'm so nervous I haven't been able to sleep at all. I'm worried about Post op stuff

I understand why you are nervous about the bypass. Have you been on the forum with others that had the bypass to ask any questions you might have? I will be praying that God give you peace about this and all goes great.

Today is 3 days post surgery. Doing better taking Tylenol with codiene once yesterday for the ride home and about one hour ago. I am in recliner at home just get up to walk and go to bathroom. Took a shower this morning and it went well. My mother is here and this has been my salvation. She does everything and more to help me. Like cooking for my husband washing clothes and fixing all my shakes. When my back starts to ache from lying on it too long i sit up in recliner without my feet up. Its good to change positions often. Walking is also part of my routine. I am doing my incentive spirometer several times in a day. I always have some Protein drink for me to be constantly sipping so I can get my fluids in and protein at the same time. Keeping track in log book. I can get up by myself go to bathroom by myself showered by myself today is better than yesterday. The anesthesia took longer to wear off on me, i asked why and was told the procedure lasts about 2 hours so the exposure to the anesthesia is longer than when i had my gallbladder out. I am not hungry at all. Watching movies and other recorded shows and sipping all day long. Abdominal binder still on. Good luck to everyone still going to surgery in August.

Glad you're doing well!!

I'm August 25th. Start tomorrow on a 10-day liquid only (protein drinks) diet. My stomach is in knots. I can't wait to have the anticipation over. I am sick of my "what-if" thoughts, so much that I'm anxious to actually be experiencing it, and knowing what it's like for me for better and worse.

Everyone I've been havin doubts about gettin the surgery I'm so scared I dnt feel comfortable gettin wls unless there are No doubts in the back of my mind. I'm think about given myself a year

Everyone I've been havin doubts about gettin the surgery I'm so scared I dnt feel comfortable gettin wls unless there are No doubts in the back of my mind. I'm think about given myself a year

Doubts and fear are normal but I can tell that I don't have any regrets so far. I'm two weeks out and I'm doing great as long as I get my Protein and Water in. I have to space them out, throughout the day. I also, take a b-complex two to three times per day.

You have to decide what's best for you but I don't have any regrets.

Have you started the process?

Good luck!!

@@tcon yes I have started the process I'm in the pre op liquid phase my surgery date is August 4th. I'm scared cuz I went in wanting the sleeve and now due to my acid reflux episodes the doc explained that with the sleeve it will get worse.

@@tcon I'm meant to say august 18th my bad lol

I'm sure your surgeon knows best and I'm sure you won't regret it. Bypass alone will get rid of you reflux.

Also, it's sounds like all you pre-op requirements have completed. Won't your deductible start over in January?

@@Floey84

Edited by tcon

Im august 24th. Is anyone else starving to death??

Day 4 of shakes only im not seeing ten more days as possible.

Only shakes? No sugar free Jello or popsicles? No broth?

Im august 24th. Is anyone else starving to death??

Day 4 of shakes only im not seeing ten more days as possible.

It gets easier lol I promise once your stomach shrinks a bit