Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many pounds are you suppose to lose?

I'm just shy of 7 months post op.

I've lost so far 95 pounds. Am I on track or should I have lost more by now?

I'm don't think anyone but your doctor can say for sure. At each of my follow up appts I've been ahead of what he wanted. Tomorrow is my 6mo since surgery and I'm sitting at 98 lbs lost since dos.

The weight loss will vary by each person! We really have to stop comparing our weight loss to other people. There's people on here who have by far been more successful than me. So I have to be really careful, otherwise I'd get really down on myself.

95 in 7 mo does not sound horrible. Be proud!

I'm not one to compare myself to others. I'm simply asking if it's typical to lose the amount of weight I've lost in the months post surgery. We're all different and I'm really happy with the amount of weight I've lost so far.

The surgeon had told me that for the sleeve, people get to their weight loss goal by the 2 year mark. I think I'm doing really well, considering I only have 50 more pounds to go for my goal. We should all be proud of ourselves.

My worry really is more, I think, that I still can't really eat complete meals. I doubt I'm getting enough nutrients. That's probably why, my hair is falling out too

50, to goal is amazing! I'm losing hair as well. I just keep focusing on Protein. The more the better and take your Vitamins. There's a lot on here about Hair loss and things people do to try and help. You might search for that.

Your welcome. I know it's hard. It truly is. I've been in a bit of a funk lately. I'm trying to come out of it now. So I've been dealing with head hunger!

As far as Vitamins I take a children's chewable complete. And I take Calcium chew tablets I ordered from the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury website. I also do B12. I get my 6mo blood work done today so I'm hoping all my levels are OK. I just switched to a b12 liquid. Guess we'll see. If you have any questions feel free to ask! Take care and keep up the good work☺

The other thing to remember about the hair loss is that for some people it comes with rapid massive weight loss. It will not stop until you have stopped losing weight. Biotin will help with regrowth.

It certainly can be worse if your Iron or Protein levels are deficient.

A 95 lb loss in that short of time is extremely well! Not knowing your beginning weight makes that harder to know. If you start out heavier you lose more faster but the thing is down the road everyone catches up because as you get closer to your goal, you lose more slowly.

You are doing terrific! Congratulations!

I only give myself shots of Vitamin B12 per my rheumatologist and Vitamin D, but that's all.

I haven't found the one Multivitamin that will go well with my stomach.

I'm still not eating that well.

But I'll try, I guess to get a chewable multivitamin, and we'll see if it works

Thanks

I was the same way.....did u try Flintstone Vitamins with Iron?

I'm definitely slowing down now...

And thank you! It feels great!

After the surgery I had an issue with my gallbladder and they had to go back in a remove it.

I was in and out of the hospital since last October.

I'm feeling much better now! ☺️