Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No one ever answers my posts......so please comment!

I've posted a few times on this site and I'm a little disappointed by the lack of responses I've gotten. Wasn't this site to help users new and old to the Gastric world with questions or problems they maybe having, and to help with advice from someone who has gotten exactly what you have done?! anyway my question is...carbonated drinks...like beer, I've read some people drink them after they've sat out and gotten flat but I'm very interested in what people are saying about BEER, can I have a few sips? none at all? has anyone commenting tried to have some after their surgery? any advice would be great!!!!! and GO.....!!!!!!

Start weight on June 3rd, day of surger- 222lbs

Goal Weight- 120 or less

Current weight 200lbs

24 days post-op and I've lost 22lbs

bodyweight.png?ts=1435542824

post-253702-0-86020000-1435542969_thumb.jpg

I haven't had a carbonated drink since March. I had surgery in May. I have had a small glass of wine.

Who wants flat beer? I don't drink sodas, I haven't had beer but I have had alcohol. I just don't have enough real estate to want to buy a beer knowing I likely won't finish it. However I would wait at least 6 weeks before trying any alcohol. Sodas aren't worth ever drinking again.

I would wait a while for beer. The carbonation may upset your tummy. I'm 10 months out and I still haven't had beer because of the carbonation.

No I would never buy a 6 pack for myself. but if my husband bought some I would just have one of his and he could have what I dont drink. I love beer and im OK with not having soda for the rest of my life. but there is something about pizza and a cold beer in the winter its delish!!! how long out did you wait before you had an alcoholic drink

Who wants flat beer? I don't drink sodas, I haven't had beer but I have had alcohol. I just don't have enough real estate to want to buy a beer knowing I likely won't finish it. However I would wait at least 6 weeks before trying any alcohol. Sodas aren't worth ever drinking again.

What does your surgeon and your nutritionist say?

I wouldn't want to drink a beer or coke that was flat. I want my sleeve to last quite a while.

I have not spoken to them just yet, i already know theyre going to tell me to wait but i wanted to hear from life experiences, other people who have tried it 5 weeks or 5 months after, whoever will answer

I have not spoken to them just yet, i already know theyre going to tell me to wait but i wanted to hear from life experiences, other people who have tried it 5 weeks or 5 months after, whoever will answer

I would listen to my nutritionist before anyone else. They are the medical professional being paid to monitor your care. I'm pretty sure it was about 6 or 7 mths before I had a drink. I went to a wine tasting with friends. Honestly pizza and beer just doesn't sound like a good idea until you are closer to goal. pizza is too high in carbs & fat and too low in healthy Protein to even be worth it to me.

My NUT told me two things 1. Sugar IS THE EMEMY 2.Carbonation will not be your friend for sometime. It causes a lot of uncomfortable gas and makes you feel very ill. I haven't had a beer in 20 yrs. or a soda for a yr before surgery.

But like other posters said check with NUT and Surgeon.

Wish I would even think about eating pizza.

Agree with all the above advice. Just not worth the calories, fat etc for pizza or beer. It is your journey and ultimately your decision. My best advice is to always follow your surgeon and nutritionist plan for you.

You can do whatever you like and eat whatever you want. The question you should ask yourself is what results do you want? Having this surgery is a major life decision. What kind of life do you want from it? There are plenty of posts from people who didn't follow their surgeons' rules who are now posting how the surgery failed. There are others (most) who reach a point of "good enough" and yet others who are rock star WLS perfectionists that lose incredible amounts of weight. We are given the ability to chose.

Carbonation is my enemy still and I'm almost 6 months out. I took a tiny sip and man did that suck. I wouldn't even attempt it for some time. The discomfort is killer and while Beer might taste good you get so lil right now as in calories drinking them is just counter-productive.

Responding to posts is a two way street. As far as beer I tried Guiness and it felt like I swallowed an anvil if drink which is rare I do bourbon,whiskey or scotch beer hurts.