Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone women who started 350+ who have reached goal weight?

I too am mid-way (well just a little over) to hitting my goal and I too sometimes wonder who has hit goal that started 350+... its taken me almost 9 months and ive lost 132 lbs and its getting harder by the day.. but I keep at it and I wont give up on me, as I know I will make it to goal :D

My stats are

SW 383

DOS 370

CW 251

best wishes to you all, wishing you all every success with your weigh loss journeys :D

I wasn't over 350, and I'm a few pounds away from a normal BMI, so I don't quite fit your criteria, but I think I can offer something to the conversation.

My highest recorded weight was 325, and I'm short, so I do know what it's like to be super morbidly obese. I was 306 when I started the process (had lost about 75 pounds on WW 5 years before and only gained back 50 - I can't explain that!). I also felt a little discouraged that even when I had lost 100 pounds, I still had more to go. I saw people being sleeved who weighed less than me when I had lost that much! I'm not sure why, but at the time, it made me still feel like the fattest girl in the room.

I have learned that it IS possible to succeed, even if we do start at a much higher weight. I think there may be more and different challenges for us. For most people, the weight comes off easiest in the early months. You have to go out of your way to not lose. The hardship comes in the fact that human beings can't usually lose more than about 120-150 pounds in a year. When you have 200 or more to lose, you quickly realize that your peers are passing you by. It took me 14 months to lose 145 pounds, and I'd still like to lose that last 10ish pounds. But I'm going to need to work really, really hard to do that because my body likes this weight.

Here is another lesson I learned - I am way better off than I was, with every pound lost. I am my ONLY competitor. I see this as a competition I'm in with only myself. So, I continue to win as long as I maintain my loss. That's a hard thing to live when you are trying so hard and it feels like you will never "get there". I'm here to tell you that even though I'm "not there", I have SO ARRIVED!

The moral of my story is that I was super morbidly obese for 30 years, and overweight or obese the rest of it, except for 5 minutes in the 80s. I lost a total of more than half my body weight (from highest weight) and 145 of it with the sleeve in 14 months. I've kept it of about a year and a half, and that is a fight every day. I wear a size medium top and an 8 pants. I look way younger, and feel way better than I have in years. I have my life back and it holds so much promise. So while I still wish I could lose a little more, when I look at where I started, I am better off. I had to stop comparing myself to others and start comparing me to myself to gain a true understanding of my accomplishment.

The short version of all that is that you can succeed, one pound at a time, just like anyone!

post-169691-0-43253400-1436443128_thumb.jpg

@@MichiganChic you look amazing!! I'd say a size 8 and medium top is success to the max! Thank you for posting, you had a lot of meaningful and eye opening reminders. I'm 5'8" and my highest weight was 372, current weight is 330. I'm starting my pre-op diet next week for two weeks with surgery on the 29th. My goal is to be 320 on DOS. That's similar to your stats and i would love to be where you were at 14 months out!!

Very inspirational stories, and a lot of good reminders. Thanks for sharing.

@@BizzyB this was a great question and I was wondering the same thing I am 300+ I have one more test before my docs are submitted to my insurance company so I'm here looking for motivation, what to do and what not to do and its do good to finally see people in my weight class that are successful good luck to you all and I look forward to hearing more

I started at 462 last September my surgeon said I had to do south beach diet and Lose 5% before he would allow me to have surgery I started south beach sept 20 2014 lost 60 lbs by date of sleeve surgery feb 23 2015 had a check up fri I'm down another 100 lbs exactly since surgery so I'm at 162 lbs lost so far I'm not anywhere near goal I haven't been told a good number that I should be but I'm 6'1 so I'm never going to be less then like 180 probly I think it's unlikely so using those numbers I still have a long way to go another 120 but it can be done I truly didn't believe it could happen I was stunned that I lost so much before surgery too I had never lost more than 15-20 lbs on my own before I had high blood pressure was headed toward diabetes my mom got that and died at 56 yrs old due to eating badly sleep apnea I had too I'm off three meds weaning off another had to get rid of tons of clothes I don't regret it at all can't wait to be a normal sized person and not have ppl stare at me cuz I'm fat or make fun of me like I'm deaf and can't hear sit in chairs booths oh yeah that's already happened lol haven't tried a booth tho yet haven't stepped foot in a restaurant why bother I don't eat much now anyway it can be achieved I'm proof!!!

Don't! It's 100% worth everything. If you need a buddy, support person let me know!

I started this time last year 348 so I'm not the 350 being shy by 2 lbs. I am also not yet to goal but simply so thrilled with the results it often seems surreal at times. I'm now shopping for clothes without having to try them on! I also can shop in the regular section as I'm working out of the plus area. My fav shirt before surgery has now me one a soft comfy gown that hangs to my knees!!

Patience! And stay steady on your path.

Hugs of support

I was 320 at my highest. I am 175-180 now for the last 18 months????

That is awesome what did you do to be successful