Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Official August thread! Where are you guys?

I had RNY wls August 4th and am down 50 lbs from surgery and 60 total. I feel that im losin slowly averaging 2-4 lbs a month, most of my weightloss was done the first two months. Buth then again i started at 234 and am now 170. I'm not meeting my Water intake and not exercising either other than walkin so im know that has alot to do with it. One a positive note I am wearing a size 8 and have gone down 4 pant sizes and 2 shirt sizes and I feel great. No complications after leaving hospital. Following a healthy diet and am lucky to have not experienced any dumping nor food getting stuck. Over all its been a smooth journey this far.

@@Pinkpeonies1 I had RNY on August 14. Down 46 pounds since surgery and 80 over all.... Ic also feel like I'm losing slowly but I know everyone is different. I loose around 10 pounds and then sit for a couple weeks then start losing again. I startes at 279 and weigh 197 now. Still 60 pounds to go at least. Gets frustrating but I just keep telling myself that I'll start losing again. My clothes have gone down and my knees and ankles dont hurt all the time like before. Like you I don't get my Water in most days because of my job. I can't keep water with me because I work in an operating room. I do get my Protein and Vitamins but exercise also I know is lacking..... I get one good work out a week at least and more where I can squeeze it in. My son on the other hand had the sleeve done the same day and has lost 80 pounds since surgery and 100 over all. He has just lost a little each week consistently. Just keep plugging away and doing your best. That's all anyone can ask of you. you're doing great.

Edited by tiggerbug

Sleeved 8/18/15

3.5 months out and 53 lbs down. Apparently my pre-surgery clothes were pretty snug because a lot of them still fit ok until a couple of weeks ago. I wear scrubs at work and have gone from a 2X to a L! I got some shirts at old navy last weekend that were a L! So exciting to get rid of all those X's.

Sleeved 8/18/15

3.5 months out and 53 lbs down. Apparently my pre-surgery clothes were pretty snug because a lot of them still fit ok until a couple of weeks ago. I wear scrubs at work and have gone from a 2X to a L! I got some shirts at old navy last weekend that were a L! So exciting to get rid of all those X's.

Isn't that an amazing feeling. I have gone from a 2x top to a L and from a 22 jeans to a 12. My Cw is 195 Sw 246 and Hw 277.

Isn't that an amazing feeling. I have gone from a 2x top to a L and from a 22 jeans to a 12. My Cw is 195 Sw 246 and Hw 277.

Our stats are very similar. How tall are you? I'm 5'1". SW: 244; CW: 191 (weigh in tomorrow expecting 188ish)

@@southernbelle256 and @@stillmeonlysmaller I also have very close stats to you guys....surgery date August 14th. 279 Sw 243 Cw 194. It's good to see because I thought I was losing slowly because my son has lost faster bit I guess maybe it's because he had more to lose. Keep up the good work all.

Edited by tiggerbug

Well 4 months out down 87 pounds since liquid diet end of July Hw 363 Sw 340 Cw 276 Gw 180 surgery was 8/4/15 how is everyone else doing?

Thank you tiggerbug for the encouragement. You too are doing great. Men typically lose weight faster than women so that's also a contributing factor. Keep up the good work and pat yourself on the back for trying to squeeze in the exercise. Even if weekly, you're doing it and it helps.

Niki, keep it up. I know you also exercise and that's great. I'm 168 today and I'm happy I'm still making progress. My GW is 135-140 but trying not to get to hung up on that. I'm shedding inches so whichever arrives first, my ideal weight or ideal clothing size. :)

Good luck everybody, keep up the great job.

Edited by Pinkpeonies1

I posted this in another August thread yesterday. But thought I should share here as well. I decided to take a new picture yesterday. The first picture was not taken at my heaviest but about two years ago, the second was taken yesterday. I am down about 85 lbs total and still want to lose about 40 more. My RNY was on August 27th 2015.

post-260332-0-58755800-1449860097_thumb.jpg

Here are my to date pics

Here is mybpic

post-258545-14498635039564_thumb.jpg

Before

post-258545-14498636257296_thumb.jpg

Congratulations to all of you, you all are doing so good! My surgery was 8/24 and I am down 50lbs. I feel like it's very slow, but, at least it's not going the other way. I'm not eating red meat, Pasta, bread or rice. My Dr seems kind of strict about my diet - which is fine- but I don't know why it's not coming off faster. I had it rough, in the beginning - I was so sick all the time. Then I had my gallbladder out and it took a few more weeks, but I started feeling better. Now, I feel perfectly normal. My only issue, now, is my arthritis is so much worse since I can't take nails anymore.

@tls210 I also am not eating any bread, rice, or Pasta, I am allowed red meat, but was only allowed to start eating vegetables 2 weeks ago. I am not allowed fruits, or most grains. I can have quinoa if my pouch doesn't reject it.