Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Official August thread! Where are you guys?

Omg awesome news I am crossing my fingers I can move up as well

August 17th is my date. Anxiously waiting to start a healthier life!

Of course QuilterGal, how exciting!

Well, I get my surgery date on Monday 7/20 so I'm expecting an August surgery date too. I had been preparing for the gastric sleeve this whole journey but I was submitted and approved for gastric bypass. Now, I have to mentally prepare for this new procedure, but I'm still excited! Just not jazzed about the blood thinner shots afterwards ????.

I just read about that this week. Do they do that while we're under or fully awake?

I believe you receive shots while in the hospital and also have to give yourself injections when you get home. The length of time varies from what I've seen on here and not everyone has to have blood thinner shots after they leave the hospital. One person was even given pills in lieu of shots! So I guess it's Dr preference and depending on your specific medical condition. Also, the sooner and more frequently you can walk plays a big role too.

I'm usually ok with shots, I.V's etc but the idea of sicking a needle into my belly gives me the heebie-jeebies. In reality I should be used to it after all the fills and unfills of my band. I guess it just caught me off guard that no one had mentioned this to me before, not my doctor nor my co-workers whom have had the procedure before. I'll just have to do like you and mentally prepare for it.

I had blood thinner shots daily when I was in the hospital for an extended period of time. Really no big deal! And, let's face it, I had plenty of padding.

Hi!! I wanna be in the August group! ????. Actually my surgery is August 18th. I've had a lap band, traveled to Mexico in '12 to remove lap band and get a sleeve. Dr only took band out and put plication. Said stomach was too swollen after band removal to do a sleeve. Anyway!! I had to get double coverage because my other insurance would only cover ONE lifetime bariatric surgery - who does that!

The Gastric Bypass I'm about to have is nerve wracking. Plus I have a huge deductible before any coverage. It's $6500 out of pkt before they pay their 70%. Sorry to complain but has anyone else had to deal with this insurance crap?

I remember the pre-diet for the band. It was tough but I found a skinny or healthy picture of myself and kept it in front of me. Focus on the reward!! Think of liquids as nourishing your body to help you feel better!

I'm excited. I'm still wondering about a lot of things: will I need to get all my meds in liquid form for after surgery? What's the average stay at hospital post op?

Ok I've blabbed. Just had coffee! Thank you all for your support!

Well Tuesday I restart the liquid diet so this weekend I will enjoy what I can eat ...

but I am mentally prepared it will be wierd not wanting to go out to eat with hubby on the weekends after this .I plan to keep busy to not think about food while on the liquid..

Just orderd the big book on gastric bypass to use as a guide

Want to make sure to keep this weight off after I loose it..

Hi everybody, August 4th is my date. Jennylew we are on the same boat, I am also having a revision from lapband although my band was taken out August '13 due to complications. I'm not sure what procedure you're having, I'm going with the RNY this time around. Also having weird dreams and don't know how to interpret them and I worry. I tell myself it's part of my anxiety and try not to dwell on it too long. I am waiting for test dates which coordinator is working on that now... hopefully in the next couple of weeks. I have stocked up on supplements, Soups, Protein, and Jello as well so I'm just playing the waiting game now.

I'm new to this forum and not sure how to add friends but keep in touch and let me know how your process goes. Good luck to you all.

we have the same date we should keep up with each other for sure

We definitely should Niki. I start me pre-op diet Tuesday. Good luck on yours and keep in touch.

Same here Tuesday is the date ..Its the next step closer to our new lives

Sure is. ????

I submit to insurance Tuesday. My surgeon scheduled me for 2nd week August. I will find out what day in a few weeks.