Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That's what I'm hoping for too! Just to expand my diet from these damn Protein Shakes would be enough. You would think I would remember that it gets better since I've done this before with the lapband. I think this surgery is just so much harder.

@ Did the drain removal hurt? I'm kind of scared but so want it out! The area where the drain goes in is sore so that's why I'm worried that it's going to hurt when they pull it out.

I can relate I'm 2nd guessing myself I'm not hungry but I want to eat real food my family eats and I'm wanting to eat what they are eating I know I can't it's drivi,g me crazy does anyone know what I can do

@@sarabeth82

All the surgeon did was tell me to take a deep breath in and a deep breath out, I had to ask if they did it yet! I felt nothing. However, since then it has been oozing clear liquid majorly. Had shirts and bedsheets wet in the morning, kind of annoying; changed gauze in AM and PM. When he takes the tube out, it leaves a hole that my surgeon said will close on it's own. And it pretty much has, no more ooze. I feel so much more human, normal almost! :)

Oh honey you are not alone. I'm four weeks out now but I remember sitting at home crying, wondering what I had done to myself, why couldn't I do this on my own and on and on. It's normal. It's a big change in your life and you feel a bit out of control. Just keep doing what you doc has told you to do and it will pass.

At my 3-week appointment, the nurse asked me "How have your emotions been?", and I was all "Why, what have you heard!?" My husband was in the corner of the room, so he just smirked. :D He knew I'd been an emotional basket case for the week or two prior, crying at literally anything.

If you Google estrogen and fat, you'll see why she asked this question. As one of the the sources explains it (which is basically the same thing she told me): "Estrogen likes to store itself in fat tissues so there is a problem for some people when the fat breaks down (through nutrition, exercise or other methods) it releases the estrogen back into the system. "

So until the estrogen makes its way out of your system, it's running around your body wreaking havoc and causing all sorts of chaos like untimely PMS-like symptoms and frequent periods.

It does get better.

Edited by anaxila

Yes!! The first week I felt so overwhelmed and all the things that everyone else said..Just fdo whatever you can to make your way through this..I promise you it will get better..I'm only 3 weeks out and already feeling better..hang in there

Sarabeth,

I am truly sorry your having a rough time of it. But I think that if you weren't so emotional about this there would be a problem. It really shows how serious your taking this and like me I'm not a very patient person but like everyone else has said it will pass. If you need too lean on your friends here. Best wishes. Brian

I have had the same problem. I am 9 days post op and my emotions are all over the place. It is 4th July weekend and I cried most of Thursday and Friday . I think it's due to the pain been out walking since surgery and I think it has helped. Hang in there.

Thank you everyone for this thread. I really needed to read this and i thought im alone in this matter.

I had my gastric sleeve 1st of july. Been breaking down, having panic attacks, nauseated, crying, anxious, regretting thr surgery, and having very dark emotions.

I even got to a point were i asked myself if ill be alive in a few weeks lol.

But reading this thread helped me alot.

Hang in there, don't let things get to dark..when you start having those kind of thoughts..please find someone to talk to..remember the reason you went through this to begin with..take a walk..it does get better..promise!

I went through those same emotions! Two weeks after surgery, I started to cry a lot! I thought I made the wrong decision. I finally came to the conclusion that I have this intense relationship with food, it was the only thing that made me ever feel good! I had to start to re-train my brain! It was not easy, but I am finally seeing the light, and my new love is how incredible I look and feel! I have a long way to go yet, but I have never felt better, and I finally have control! You will as well!

I started freaking out with panic attacks and anxiety the moment I started the pre op diet. Now it's been 5 weeks and things are starting to feel more normal, but a new normal, where I'm not ruled by food and I'm more active and have more energy. Just hang in there. I stayed with my parents for a week during this time, reach out to those near you. They love you and support you.

Thank you everyone for this thread. I really needed to read this and i thought im alone in this matter.

I had my gastric sleeve 1st of july. Been breaking down, having panic attacks, nauseated, crying, anxious, regretting thr surgery, and having very dark emotions.

I even got to a point were i asked myself if ill be alive in a few weeks lol.

But reading this thread helped me alot.

Ahh poor thing. I'm so sorry you are in a dark place. I TOTALLY get it. I have been asking myself the same questions: "why did I do this?" "Was this really right for me?"

I had my surgery June 30 so I get it. I am missing food like crazy and soooo tired. I'm bored too which is tough because I used to eat when I'd get bored. Breaking bad habits...

I'm so glad that I have found this thread! I've been an emotional wreck for the past week. I had my surgery the evening of July 7th. Since then I've been lonely, no one wants to be around me or invite me out. They just text me. I've realized that I was a bored eater and now that I can't eat away the boredom, I'm sad. I wonder when I'll be able to eat like normal again. I am sick of Protein shakes! I ask if I made a mistake and will I ever be myself again. I'm exhausted after 20 minutes of activity and feel like I want to cry all of the time! Sorry for rambling, but I just feel so relieved that I'm not the only one feeling these things.

@@stylewiz35 and anyone else who is struggling right now: I'm now 24 days post op and feeling so much better than when I starting this thread. Initially, I was so emotional and time has really been the cure for that. I took each day as it came and everyday got better. I promise things will improve and you will be feeling better soon!