Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Possible blockage/ stricture converting to bypass

Hey all so I am 3 years out and I went for a check up yesterday not had one for a year its how they spaced it.
So anyway he asked me how I was doing and I said “oh I wanted to ask when I puke in my sleep and it comes out my nose is that damaging my nose? Should I be worried?” so he said um how many times does this happen? I said maybe 5 times or so a month, he then asked how often I am sick with a look on his face I said a really really good day 5 times bad day everything I eat or drink comes right up.
Now to me this is normal I have told everyone I have seen from right after the op I am still being sick in my first year my second year my gp during rd year and now him.
Wasn;t expecting the reply that no tis should not be happening and after 8 months someone should of done the barium test on me.
Ok I can handle that now the kicker for me he told me the ONLY treatment for a blockage/stricture is convert me to pybpass!
I said NO!
Its not what I wanted to start with and with my ibs I was told I couldn’t have that anyway!
No he isnt my original doc never saw him before today.
So he said its all they do to treat it and if it shows I have one and don’t convert I go down as refusing treatment.
By the time I got home I just burst into tears and cried for about half hour.
The thought of either being sick all day long for the rest of my life and the risks of being sick constantly can do vs having another major op a op I don’t want and starting this all over again with all its side effects like hair falling out once again more weightloss more loose skin again the pain etc and to me honestly not even thinking it will cure it because bypass it lower than this would be I am just confused!
Has anyone else had to do this for a blockage/stricture and did it actually work and what was the outcome?
And how do you feel about the bypass vs the sleeve?
Haven’t even had the test yet to know for sure but its upset me and freaked me out so anything will help!
Thanks!

First off, just breath. You have no idea if it's a stricture or blockage. And I beleive those things have pain associated with them, no? Have you been in pain?

I would rule more on the side of GERD. Do you take a PPI or ever been diagnosed with GERD or reflux? It's really common with the sleeve. And so is regurgitating in your sleep when you have it. And unfortunately, sometimes a bypass is the solution for severe GERD.

But I'm not a doctor.Get your tests done and go from there. Good luck and let us know what they say!

yeah i have pain but its one of them things i am used to i had it for years with gall stones till they removed it then years more with my ibs and now this i always have pain it just peaks and goes down a few notches.

i do have reflux had it before the op still do now i take meds for it twice a day 30g per tab so 60mg a day and i take one right before i go to sleep too.

i think i just got more frustrated that it took tis long for anyone to think about doing any kind of ests to see if there is a problem instead of just saying it will get better or one doc telling me just drink fizzy drink all day every day and stretch it out.

still if anyone has had to do this please be so kind as to share so i can get a idea just incase!

thanks!