Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shelly's ricotta bake- OMG

My surgeon said I can't have ricotta during the pureed stage because it's too thick, unless I add a bunch of Water and blend it so it's runny. =/

Edited by mousecat88

I still would like to try it with Mexican seasonings and Salsa. Might be a different treat?🍝

I got GENEPRO from the Bariatric Pal Store, been blending into my cream Soups to give a dietary kick and up the Protein. So far so good. Only failure I had was the day I tried to put it in Bone Broth abdcended up with Genepro noodles instead.

I still would like to try it with Mexican seasonings and Salsa. Might be a different treat?[emoji492]
Snap! Tonight I made it with a bottom layer of refried Beans then instead of Italian herbs I did cajun seasoning. I should have put salsa on top but all I had (being lazy and not making my own) was no sugar Dolmios Tomato Pasta Sauce with basil, which was a bit weird but I didn't care!
It was delish. I also mixed in some cottage cheese I wanted to get rid of and that worked fine too!

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

On 11/06/2018 at 19:09, ummyasmin said:

Snap! Tonight I made it with a bottom layer of refried Beans then instead of Italian herbs I did cajun seasoning. I should have put salsa on top but all I had (being lazy and not making my own) was no sugar Dolmios Tomato Pasta Sauce with basil, which was a bit weird but I didn't care!
It was delish. I also mixed in some cottage cheese I wanted to get rid of and that worked fine too!

That’s a GREAT idea! I think I’m the only one that didn’t like the ricotta bake. But with these changes I think I will love it! I’m making this tomorrow. Thank you!! 👍

That’s a GREAT idea! I think I’m the only one that didn’t like the ricotta bake. But with these changes I think I will love it! I’m making this tomorrow. Thank you!! [emoji106]
Woot woot = tell us how it goes!

Anyone tried adding black olive to this?

Anyone tried adding black olive to this?
I say go for it, mix it up. So long as you can eat black olives on the stage you're on!

Amazing food even my hubby loves it! Able to modify it as I move thru the stages by adding puréed veggies to it

Edited by Princessjenrn

On 11/01/2015 at 18:25, kfs101114 said:

This sounds really good - and easy! I am headed to grocery tomorrow to grab few items to finish out my "mushy food" week. I read the nutrition facts on this - - really 960 calories?? That seems like a lot for one serving.

*Edit update** I found other nutritional information on this site - 88 calories, 3.3 carbs, 9.2 Protein, 4 fat - DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE SERVING SIZE IS?

1/2 cup servings it makes 4 servings

Is it possible someone could copy/paste/screenshot the ricotta bake recipe instructions here? When I try to visit the website, it says it isn't available in my country. :(

This does look sooo yummy! Here are screen shots of the ricotta bake. I also have an awesome stuffed pepper recipe. I actually pureed it and it still tasted delicious! Cut 4 sweet peppers in half. Put in casserole dish. Use a pound of ground beef, or ground chicken or ground Turkey. Brown that and add some garlic, some Italian seasonings and some red pepper flakes to it. Thaw out about 4 oz. Of spinach. Put 8 oz of ricotta cheese in bowl. Mix in half a cup of parmesan or what you want and mix in spinach. Add all to meat mixture. Mix everything together and add to peppers. Then I put on top a small can of Tomato sauce with a can of tomatoes with green chilis mixed together. Then top with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for like a half hour. Omg it was sooo delicious!!! SmartSelect_20190117-095530.jpeg SmartSelect_20190117-095552.jpeg

Jeannine [emoji8]

This does look sooo yummy! Here are screen shots of the ricotta bake. I also have an awesome stuffed pepper recipe. I actually pureed it and it still tasted delicious! Cut 4 sweet peppers in half. Put in casserole dish. Use a pound of ground beef, or ground chicken or ground Turkey. Brown that and add some garlic, some Italian seasonings and some red pepper flakes to it. Thaw out about 4 oz. Of spinach. Put 8 oz of ricotta cheese in bowl. Mix in half a cup of parmesan or what you want and mix in spinach. Add all to meat mixture. Mix everything together and add to peppers. Then I put on top a small can of Tomato sauce with a can of tomatoes with green chilis mixed together. Then top with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for like a half hour. Omg it was sooo delicious!!! SmartSelect_20190117-095530.thumb.jpeg.f962eccafc47429122dce702271e852a.jpeg SmartSelect_20190117-095552.thumb.jpeg.a5a7e0a1f7c95791146e6d6393d20f50.jpeg

Jeannine [emoji8]

Thanks so much! I'm veggie so this is perfect! :)

Sent from my H60-L04 using BariatricPal mobile app

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2015 at 2:27 PM, Veronda said:

When off purees (I actually didn't even have a puree stage), you can add chopped cooked meatballs or browned ground meat and it's almost lasagna. I made a zucchini lasagna with zucchini (the only veg I'm currently allowed is zocchini/summer squash and canned green beans) in place of noodles and it was so good!! I don't measure the cheeses, etc, just eyeball. Shelly's recipe is the way my mom has always made the filling for lasagna, and I like hers better than Italian restaurants.

I make what is called 'lazy lasagna' using spinach in place of noodles. so good!