Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 5th sleevers? New here :)

I had my sleeve done by Dr Kim at KBI in Oct 2014. Best decision I ever made. Their practice and staff are amazing. I can't imagine going anywhere else. KBI offers so much more than just surgery. Their after care and support help you be successful in your journey. Free monthly support group meetings, private FB page for patients only, organized 5k event runs together, free bootcamp classes with Nate Newton 2x month, Breakfast and dinner fellowships, and much more. I've followed their plan diligently and have become more active than I have ever been. I've been in six 5k races since Feb of this year. I've lost 112 lbs, went from a size 24/3x to size 12 and medium. I could not have done this without the support and encouragement from KBI.

I agree it is sad what happened to the man who lost his legs, but please do not judge this practice based on the media report. It's not the whole truth. Great practice that I would advise anyone, including my family to consult with.

Edited by Robyn Rutledge

I also had my sleeve done with Dr. Kim. I can't say enough good thing about him and his staff. It was the best decision I've ever made. From the moment I walked in their doors I knew I had chosen the right place. Everyone there is so welcoming and informed. Since surgery on 11/4/14 I have lost 107 lbs 5 pant sizes. Im 17 lbs from goal.

Kim Bariatric Institute provides so much in the way of after care, like some have already said. I have found the support groups, private Facebook page and monthly dinners to be such a valuable part of my journey.

I have not had a single negative experience with Dr. Kim or anyone on his staff - they are truly my 2nd family now and I have a love and appreciation for them that I know will continue to grow.

One of the things I like about Dr. Smith is that he was very heavy and had the lapband so he understands what we're going through with the weight loss issues.

Have my appointment for surgery on August 28th, getting so excited but a little nervous as well. I keep telling myself this is the last "fat" summer,lol.

IM going to Tijuana Dr. Fernando Garcia Aug. 4, 2015

Have my appointment for surgery on August 28th, getting so excited but a little nervous as well. I keep telling myself this is the last "fat" summer,lol.

Yes!! The LAST one!!! ????????

Since I have to wait til August 24th for surgery. My husband and I are doing diet bet that starts today and runs til end of July. Preop or a year out from surgery you can get paid to lose weight if you lose at least 4% of your body weight in 4 weeeks! I need this motivation to try to lose more prior to surgery. If anyone is interested in this- website is dietbet.com If you are like me you've lost weight before (just can't keep it off long term-where surgery will help). It's frustrating playing the weighting game prior to surgery when you are so ready for a change! I understand this might not be right for everyone and we will all have success in time!

Got Surgery date today! It will be August 24th. I was hoping it would've been a little sooner since I started at the end of January but I'll take it! Going to keep on losing on my own til it gets here! I'm 250 5' 5" (started at 299.8). I really want to be under 200 by Christmas!

HaleyK, I just got my surgery date yesterday afternoon! Also Aug 24th!

Finally after more than a year, I have been approved by my insurance and have a surgery date. Aug 24, 2015. I've been working hard to get weight off. I have lupus along with 4 other AI issues and have been on daily steroids, as well as MANY steroid shots, medryl dose packs and mega steroid dose via IV 6x since March for my infusion premeds. Yesterday was my first infusion without that mega steroid dose and I'm on a very slow plan weaning off of my daily oral steroid dose. Right now, I am down to 4mg daily. On July 19th, I'll step down to 3mg daily, Aug 19th, 2mg daily and so on. It's an uphill battle trying to lose weight while having to take steroids all the time. I've lost 11.6lbs since 6/18/15. I obviously want to lose as much as possible in the next 6.5 weeks prior to surgery. I am a Mama of a significantly special needs 10 yr old. He has complicated health issues as well as gross developmental delays. And, of course it's summer vacation. His 1st day back to school is the same day as my surgery. One of my wandering thoughts is going towards trying to exercise over the next 6 weeks. I have THE flabbiest arms and tummy. That is less about weight loss (although I sure wouldn't mind) and more about building up a little strength and endurance so that my recovery and "bounce back" is smooth and quick. It is WAY too hot here in TX now to walk outdoors. I have to have my son with me since it's summer vaca and I don't have childcare or nursing care for him. We do have season passes to our Water park. And, while I can't do my own thing (he can't swim) I think maybe just making a point to walk the lazy river so many laps each time and maybe add to that each trip. It may not be much of an exercise plan, but it's aerobic and better than nothing. If we can swing it financially, after the surgery, I'd like to get memberships to the little gym and aquatics center that are attached to the HUGE therapy center where my son gets PT, OT, & speech 2x per week. They have a big lap pool as well as a smaller warm Water therapy pool. I take him for therapy on Wednesdays from 4-5:30pm and same thing on Fridays. I have to be there anyway for him and usually I just sit in the waiting room for those 3 hours per week until he's done. I know that I'm rambling. I'm sorry. I know every one of us has our own hurdles. I'm just trying to plan ahead. Holy Moly am I excited for all of us!

*sigh* Well, I guess I'm not getting it done on August 5th. :(

I'm self-pay and the other half of my money just fell through. Fingers crossed for September!

In the mean time, I'm trying to stay positive but I keep stumbling across sites which boast hateful comments toward overweight people and had someone call me some really nasty names this past weekend.

Promise me it will get better?

My date is Aug 11!!! From Syracuse NY here...getting nervous on a roller coaster of emotions

I'm sorry about the setback, girl. Those hateful trolls will be there whether being overweight affects you or not. That's on them. You will just have to keep your chin up and look beyond them to things and people in your life who make you happy and to a longer life being able to do exactly that because of your commitment to this tool of WLS.

*sigh* Well, I guess I'm not getting it done on August 5th. :(
I'm self-pay and the other half of my money just fell through. Fingers crossed for September!
In the mean time, I'm trying to stay positive but I keep stumbling across sites which boast hateful comments toward overweight people and had someone call me some really nasty names this past weekend.
Promise me it will get better?

@rossigirl84. God bless you. You have so many obstacles in your life but you still are thinking positively and looking toward the light. Good for you. Your story is very humbling and I respect you immensely.

"rossigrl84" -wow! What a lot to have on your plate! I couldn't imagine trying to lose weight on steroids. It could make you crazy just trying not to gain! I wish you the best of luck there and hope you're able to find creative ways to get in exercise. I need to step it up if I'm going to win my diet bet. I'll do good all day then screw it all up in the evening-ugg. I'm so excited to have someone with my same surgery date! Only 5 weeks and 6 days left!!! I have a feeling it's gonna fly by!