Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How did you get past the liquid stage? Feeling hopeless

I use PB2 with coco and premier in the blender with a little ice and it taste like a Reese's frosty!!!! Soooooo good!!! I add 2 scoops of Isopure which is 50 gms Protein plus 20 from the shake 70 gms protein and yummy! I've also been drinking the broth from wonton Soup and egg drop soup they are super yummy and very low cal!

Edited by alindsey

Where do you get PB2?

Where do you get PB2?

Most grocery stores carry it now, with the other peanut butters. But I just bought some on Amazon--a 1 lb pack of each the regular PB flavor and the chocolate--because with my husband and I both drinking a lot of Protein shakes, we go through it fast! http://amzn.com/B00ABKWSTA Amazon also has smaller sizes if you just want to try it, not buy enough for an army. ;-)

@@rgodfrey09 Cholula sauce is my favorite. I'm looking forward to using it again once I'm post-op.

@@mandaroo I've seen PB2 at Safeway and Walmart. Online at Amazon and recently saw that Unjury had it.

I am right there with you guys, the liquid diet is for the birds! I fully understand it's purpose, I just wish it was 2 weeks long instead of 3 weeks. So ready for a scrambled egg with Cholula on it!(it's a hot sauce) I hope my sleeve can handle the sauce....

As for the Protein shakes, I am using the Premier Protein premade shakes. They come in vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry and are all pretty tasty. Tomorrow, I am going to try adding some PB2 to the chocolate one and seeing how that goes. I am having a problem getting more then 1-1.5 in a day though. They are 30 grams of Protein each, so if I keep having 1.5 thats 45 grams of protein. Really wish I could choke down the other half and get 60grams. Maybe as time goes on? Anyone else having that issue of not meeting 60G protein goals in the first few weeks?

Also, LUCKY! I wish mashed potatoes were on my full liquids diet! That sounds delicious right about now.

I had PB2 in my chocolate shake this morning and it was awesome. I think it will be good in vanilla, too. 1 tablespoon has a couple extra grams of protein. And the unjury has flavorless protein you could add to beef up each smaller portion. Haven't tried yet, tho.

@@mandaroo I've seen PB2 at Safeway and Walmart. Online at Amazon and recently saw that Unjury had it.

Thanks I'll have to look again a Walmart last time I checked I couldn't find it.

Hello, Just something I found on Google, that actually brought me back to Bariatricpal.com. I just skimmed through the recipes for full liquid diet, and even though I'm on softs and about to transition to all foods soon, I might still make some of these! https://sleevers.wordpress.com/category/recipes/full-liquids-soft-foods/

I give credit where it's due, and this came from @@gamergirl who is a member of this forum. She has great recipes with all the food labels to them. There are some pretty inventive ways to use the Protein powder that's outside of a shake.

cuchas,

Congratulations on your surgery!

The liquids stage is really tough, but keep in mind that it’s short. It will end within days (or maybe weeks), and sticking with it is so worth it! Remind yourself why you went through WLS. Also remind yourself of the benefits of following the liquid diet – you’re avoiding complications and setting yourself up for better weight loss later.

The liquids stage is tough enough mentally, but you’re making it harder on yourself – and harder than necessary – by not having Proteins. When you don’t give your body the nutrients it needs, you’re not just putting your physical health at risk. You’re making yourself tired and cranky, and that makes it harder to cope with the liquid diet.< /p>

Definitely keep trying different Protein shakes until you find one or more you can tolerate. You’ll feel better, and be healthier, and have something to depend on for the rest of this journey. Hang in there – you’ll get through this stage soon!

I can only stand the Syntrax nectar Protein shakes - chocolate truffle is my favorite but I also like the strawberry, caribbean cooler (tastes like a pina colada), Crystal Sky and Twisted cherry.< /p>

I make mine with skim milk and freeze them for about 35-40 minutes to get it milkshake consistency. I like it so much better that way.

Good morning

I am just starting day 5 post op. I have never been more excited not to be able to eat. .. My NUT had me start a preop diet about 4 weeks out. Cutting out all my carbs like bread rice Pasta etc. ..really worked with me to eat healthy Proteins and get into a routine. Then I had Clear Liquids for 3 days prior to surgery. So I am on my last day of clear liquids and I am finding that with having numerous choices around me, wether it's drinkable yogurt or flavored water my Jello or Popsicles. I treat each on like a treat so I feel like I am getting something pretty special. Plus really no dishes and no prep time...

I spend my time focusing on how lucky I am to geta ssecond chance and getting healthy with my sleeve buddy and I am treating him right...song what he needs to heal. I don't want to screw this up. I spend a lot of time not focusing on food anymore but on doing what is healthy for my body.

My therapist has been amazing at helping me dig out food issues and my NUT has been so hands on with me that I have so much support its hard to believe that I could fail at this.

Next stage starts tomorrow I move from clear liquids to the full liquid stage for 2 weeks....I think the month prior to the surgery really helped and also of course the 6 months with my therapist has been a game changer. ..

I have about 14 days on the full liquids. New recipes here we come. .. :)

Hope everyone has much success with reaching their goals. Tiny little steps to the finish line :)

May u all be healthy

My surgeon told me I could add in a banana or strawberries right away. So definitely check with your physician

I am also a June 15th sleever. II was told that I can have strained low fat cream Soups, which taste so much better then broth, also I am allowed pudding and thinned out mashed potatoes ( which you can add unflavored Protein powder to). Maybe at your post op appointment you can ask your Dr. if you can add anything else. It is crazy how much each of our diets vary.

What? No way!! I would die for some mashed potatoes :lol: My post op appointment isn't until July 1st, so unfortunately I can't ask my surgeon anything yet and am a bit embarrassed to ask over the phone. i don't want him to think I'm greedy :blush: That is so crazy you can eat pudding and mashed potatoes though. How does it feel to go down? I want to try but am a bit afraid.. I don't want to hurt myself or anything like that.
I had pudding and thinned mashed potatoes the first week. They are great and easy on the stomach. I was sleeved June 8th.

Edited by Mel77