Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok. WTF am I doing wrong?

For those of saying you "only" lost 14lbs since June 4th....please. Just.....stop.

I lost 17 lbs the first month. I am 10 months out today, and I am currently 11 pounds to goal. Am I a failure to you becuase I "only" lost 17lbs the first month?

I really don't know how much you were expecting to lose in a matter of a couple weeks, but beleive me, you're doing just fine.

Thanks @Babbs. I think I was just thinking it was supposed to be something closer to 20 pounds in the first couple of weeks. Even my dr seemed a little disappointed when I had only lost 10 pounds in my first 10 days. Just thought maybe I had done something wrong. I know its a marathon not a race....

Thank you for all the support. I feel the same. I thought at least 20 pounds. I am hardly eating. Hopefully, I will see a change soon

I am 15 days out and have lost 9.2 pounds since surgery. I know I had a lot of swelling and bloating after surgery. When I weighed the first time after getting home 5 days after surgery, I was up 7 pounds! I was so shocked. Being patient and kind to myself, I know my body is doing just what it should do and I am going to love it for doing that. This is not a race but a long term solution.

On the topic of drastic numbers. Guys....a pound a day is 365 in a year. That is 3.5-7 times the recomendable speed during normal dieting. It will happen in your first few weeks for sure but do not expect huge numbers like that forever. You would be really ill if you were to drop 15 pounds a week every week till goal. It is not healthy. Anywhere from 1-5 pounds a week is a great loss. I am not saying anyone is doing anything wrong but I would hate to see you heartbroken in 3 - 4 weeks when it slows down to normal.

Ps. TAKE YOUR VITAMINS!

❤❤❤❤❤

I am 5 months out and this is what I eat, just about, every day:

1/2 c cream of wheat

Protein bar

3-4 oz. Protein (shrimp, fish, chicken, turkey, and occasionally, red meat)

3-4 oz. protein

carrots with houmas

Greek yogurt with protein

I know my food choices sound repetitive and boring, but I really enjoy it! I guess knowing that it will get me where I want to be makes it less boring!

I'm not saying that I ALWAYS eat the right stuff. We go out of town a lot, but I try to be as good as I can...eating protein fist, ALWAYS! I even throw is a glass of wine every now and again, but not much! I also drink Water ALL DAY LONG! I even eat the ice.

I, honestly, can't imagine being able to eat the amount that you said you eat. I really wonder if he did the surgery at all...he certainly didn't do it right, that's for sure!

Also, I don't know your situation, but I cook my husband healthy food for him to take to work for lunch. This consists of a protein and 2 veggies. At night he has pita bread and houmas, 70 cal. light Dannon yogurt and a whole bag of light butter popcorn. Believe it or not, he has lost a few pounds MORE than me and we both are only 10 lbs. from our goals, and he didn't have surgery!!! Geez Louise!!! But I'm so ridiculously proud of him!!!!!!!!!

I would definitely consult a bariatric nutritionist. I would also have your general physician check to see if the operation were even done.

Good luck to you in your journey! I hope I have been a small help to you!

I know I'm a little late to this conversation but when I was doing my pre-op research, I found some information that has been an absolute lifesaver in my "I wonder what is happening" kinda moments...
The attachment is pretty big so I'll not post it here, but if you (or anyone else) has recently been sleeved and is looking for additional information, PM me and I'll email it to you.

Kinda..