Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok. WTF am I doing wrong?

So I am 8 weeks out. Post surgery i have lost 15 pounds. Yes..I know...that is 2 pounds a week....but 11 of it was week 1.

4 in week 4 and then NOTHING. I have been on this non stop stall and then today I am up 3 pounds.

What am I doing wrong? I am hungry, a lot. Not head hunger either. Some of it might be because I work graveyard so I am tired. I work out 3 days a weeks, cardio and weights.

I eat around 1200 calories a day split into 4-6 small meals. The gain is probably from someone telling me to eat more...so i did...all weekend ...all and bam...up 3 pounds (not all health food mind you. My friend got married and I split a cupcake with the bf). But I passed on everything not meat or veggies.

Today I had 1/4 of a burger. 1 Power Crunch bar, 1 c ricotta bake with turkey and eggplant added, and 32 ounces of Water -so far. I will probably have 1 serving of pretzels before I leave work since I have 3 more hours to go and I am hungry already. Then I will go home and go to bed.

Seriously. ..I am getting the same results and working just as hard as I was before surgery. So where am I ****ing up?

You're getting 1200 calories at 8 weeks out?? I'm 10 months out and am getting 1200 calories!? You should only be getting around 800 calories at 8 weeks out. You're eating too many calories. Also, lay off the carbs. If you want to lose, you need to only get your carbs from dairy, fruits and veggies right now. Stay away from the cupcakes and pretzels. snack on cheese sticks and nuts instead.

Keep your diet clean. meat and veggies with every meal and lots of Water. Track your calories on Myfitnesspal. You'll have plenty of time to increase your calories and incorporate carbs the closer you get to goal. Good luck! Don't get discouraged, just be proactive!

You're not doing nothing wrong, you will have stalls. I am 9 months out, i've had several stalls and wondered the same so I continued my Protein, workouts and healthy eatting, today I've lost a total of 68 lbs and 27 lbs away from my goal. Continue to work at it and you will see results, they may not be quick results like some, but you will, hang in there.

Agree with @@Babbs and disagree with @@A. Stoot. 1200 is overdoing at this point. I am 5 weeks out and am barely hitting 600 calories. You should definitely not be doing cupcakes and pretzels. Those are simple carbs and not doing you any favors.

When I get to 6 weeks out I can start to re-introduce more foods but still will be focusing on Protein and veggies. Always Protein first. No empty calories. At that point I am told I should eat up to 3/4 cup of food as a meal and two small Snacks. snack doesn't mean junk food.< /p>

Get back to basics or you will stretch your sleeve out! Good luck!!

@@ShrinkingPeach I am not a disagreer, but want her to be encouraged I did add for her to continue her eatting habit, but a healthy eatting habit!

What is your Protein goal?

Are you getting in all your Protein and Water every day?

I have to add for the benefit of the folks who posted above that if your protein goal is 100 grams, then 1200 calories is reasonable. If your protein goal is 60 grams, then yes, 1200 calories is a bit high --but, it is a relative and based on your protein requirements and your program as developed with your NUT.

Empty carbs like pretzels not only don't fill you up, they drive additional hunger. Stay away from grains. (Bread, crackers, rice, etc) Add plenty of green veggies. If you need a dressing, make it zero calorie. Even reduced calorie dressings are a killer. Good luck!

I think I overestimated. Looking at myfitnesspal I get around 900 most days but there were 2 days last week I got 1200

It is not my everyday amount just seems like it. For the most part I eat meat and veggies and dairy. I get in about 60-90 grams of Protein.

I am fully aware that cupcakes and pretzels are not a healthy option but I didn't think half of a cupcake (or even less) once in 3 months at my friends wedding would be a huge issue. Especially not a 3 pound gain issue. I managed to avoid the pretzels despite being starving for the rest of the night and pulling another 11 hour shift. I usually plan better but I thought taking less food would make me eat less. Instead I was just in pain all night.

I am a little full on 1 cup of food. I am usually hungry about 3 hours later.

So how can I eat less and not hurt? I had the lap band so that I would feel full with smaller amounts...instead I just got stuck. So I had the vsg so I could eat normal and feel full...and that doesn't happen. Shold I just load up on veggies? How are you guys eating 600 calories?

I drink about 60-70 Oz a day. I can't stand any flavor crap in my Water but if I drink too much Water in a sitting I get heartburn. So I have to really space it out

I am taking 2 prilosec a day for heartburn. Someone said hunger could be heartburn.

Alao, thank you guys for all your support! !!!! It means a lot and I think I need to really pay attention to what I am eating. I probably am not being as carefull as I think I am

I have to add for the benefit of the folks who posted above that if your protein goal is 100 grams, then 1200 calories is reasonable. If your protein goal is 60 grams, then yes, 1200 calories is a bit high --but, it is a relative and based on your protein requirements and your program as developed with your NUT.

Unfortunately I did not have a NUT and the instructions post surgery were so inconsistent that many ppl started asking the doc. Instead of giving us correct information he just kept saying....do whatever you want...I'll resleeve you in 2 years.

So I have never asked questions since.

Wow your doctor said that??? He sounds like he only there for the money if he planning on resleeve in 2 years thats crazy

I've learned so much from this site. There are so many great people here and they're always willing to help.

Unfortunately I did not have a NUT and the instructions post surgery were so inconsistent that many ppl started asking the doc. Instead of giving us correct information he just kept saying....do whatever you want...I'll resleeve you in 2 years.

So I have never asked questions since.

Wow. Obviously, not a center of excellence.

My surgeon said that protein goals are set based on starting BMI. For anyone over 50 BMI and all men, the minimum goal is 100 grams.

If you are hungry all the time, try for a goal of 100 grams, no more than 20-25 grams at a time. Plan for three meals and one or two Snacks. Eat protein first and track your protein (I use MyFitnessPal because I can't remember what I did ten minutes ago).

Best of luck.

I had a BMI of over 50 and I was told 60-80 g of Protein. My husband asked about maintenance weight and we were told 100g. That being said all NUT's are different and as long as you are doing Protein first then veggies and then and only then starches, you should be okay with 100.

Empty calorie foods can be a slippery slope. It's perfectly fine to split a cupcake as long as it doesn't lead to you craving more sugar as is often the case. The pretzels can cause the same thing.

The main point being that if you REALLY want something and it is going to really bother you to not have it, then have a few bites and move on. Just don't make them a habit so you don't sabotage yourself.

I don't think anyone means to be judgemental but you asked why you weren't losing and the things you mentioned jump out as red flags. We all want you to succeed.

Look online to bariatric surgeon groups and study what you should be eating since your surgeon was no help. You can also consult a nutritionist on your own for guidance.

Good luck!

@shrinkingpeach. Just wondering what Bariatric surgeon groups you are taking about - doctor forums?