Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Honestly,tell me the truth. NO more Booze or caffinee?

That is the big thing I learned today at the 6 hour boot camp my surgeon runs at Signature Medical in Brockton MA.

From past experiences I know my Mom n law who had a gastric bypass drank..that ended badly for a lot of reason..and my Brother in law also has a gastric bypass does drinks booze and coffee does fine . A friend who is sleeved and 2 yrs post op has an occasional drink of caffinated coffee and cocktails..like daquris's not burbon...

and she's doing good.

For me..teling me I ABSOLUTLY can not do something has always been like red to a bull. It is my WHOLE issues with weight loss really... It is the only absolutes the progam has post op aside from keeping your appointments.

But I am having a hard time wraping my head around it.

I have already given up diet coke. Is keeping my one cup of coffee a day and an occasinal glass of wine to much to hope for?

The brightside I learned today was there is NO pre op liquid diet.< /p>

I drink a cup of coffee every day and drink alcohol probably twice a week. I'm 8 months post-op and I've 92 lbs.

I've lost 92 lbs and feel great

That's awesome! Good for you! Thank you for answering

My sister-in-law had gastric bypass a few years ago she drinks wine and mixed drinks and wine coolers occasionally she's fine.

My sister-in-law had gastric bypass a few years ago she drinks wine and mixed drinks and wine coolers occasionally she'

Thanks for chiming in! Good luck on your journey

We have the same doctor.

In my program we were told to hold off on alcohol for a few months until we heal and then to go slow as it may affect us differently than before and they feel that if we are addicted to food we can become addicted to alcohol we were not told tho not to ever have a drink they did push the no soda and carbonated drinks thing really hard tho

I drink coffee every morning, 2 cups to be exact. I also have Decaf when and if I want it. I drink alcohol about twice a week, I have never had a problem. Like it has been said, everything in moderation.

I drink Diet Pepsi all day, at least one cup of coffee a day, and Red Bull for Breakfast. Caffeine, after your stomach has healed, will not hurt you. I am not really a big alcohol drinker, but I have had a few days where I've had a bit to drink and it hasn't really bothered me. Honestly, it makes my stomach burn a little more than I remember (which at almost 2 years out isn't hurting me at all) and I am now nicely drunk on one shot instead of 4 for a solid 20 minutes, but other than that I don't have an issue with booze at all.

Avafern... the nutritionist and the doctor says... no carbonated liquors (pepsi, coke seven up) is permit after surgery... because the stomach will distanced again.... sorry if it's bot written correctly... i'm from quebec, Canada

I am a newbie who got her sleeve on June 8th. I also questioned the reasoning behind coffee. I drink it black with no sugar or cream. What my Dr. said was that it creates more acidity in the new stomach, especially at first. He said that acid reflux is a condition we will all have to deal with and I started Prilosec 2 days after surgery. My Dr allows Decaf coffee at 3 weeks and I may or may not go to reg coffee later. So happy with my sleeve and I am very protective of my new "baby stomach". My Dr allows wine at 6 weeks but do I really want the calories? hmmmm The other part is that a former employee with a sleeve stopped in to see me yesterday. She was telling me how she got a DUI because wine/alcohol goes into the bloodstream faster and stays longer. I know I pretty much have a new set of priorities right now. Wine may or may not come back into my life, and it definately will not be as often!

We have the same doctor.

Cool! Where are you in the process?

I drink 2 cups of coffee a day. Sometimes I will also treat myself to an iced sugar free almond milk caramel drink thing from our local coffee place. Yum.

I'm not much of a drinker, but I will drink on a special occasion. As a rule, I don't like to drink becuase of the empty calories.

Anyhoo, good or bad, I loves me some caffine!

Thanks for all the info gang.

I am not looking to go on an all out bender everyday..but sometimes as a mom of 4 kids,a wife and employee with a job some days I just want A drink lol.

We have the same doctor.

Cool! Where are you in the process?

It was supposed to be July 6 but she called me today with a cancellation so now I am moved up to June 29