Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on day 7 of my pre-op diet. The hunger has lessened from the first few days, but I am totally exhausted. My coworkers have even mentioned that they will be glad when I am through with surgery so that I go back to my "happy" self. I am sleeping 8-9 hours/night but still feel tired and unmotivated all the time. I have lost just over 10 lbs in a week, but I would really like some energy. I am hoping this exhaustion doesn't last too long in the post-op period because I've honestly wondered if this is how I will feel forever, is WLS worth it?

I'm on day 7 of my pre-op diet. The hunger has lessened from the first few days, but I am totally exhausted. My coworkers have even mentioned that they will be glad when I am through with surgery so that I go back to my "happy" self. I am sleeping 8-9 hours/night but still feel tired and unmotivated all the time. I have lost just over 10 lbs in a week, but I would really like some energy. I am hoping this exhaustion doesn't last too long in the post-op period because I've honestly wondered if this is how I will feel forever, is WLS worth it?

I promise yo won't feel exhausted forever. But you will feel very very fatigued in the first couple of weeks post-op as well. Not only will you be consuming very few calories, but your body will be expending a lot of energy to heal itself. I would say my energy levels really turned a corner once I was back on soft foods (eggs, soft cheese, tuna, etc.), because I was able to start getting more calories in.

I am on day 7 of 10 days of the preop diet. I have not gotten past tired and fatigue. I sleep a lot and feel weak when I try to do anything. However, it is all part of my journey. We will all have our own story. Some day we will look back and be glad we hung in there through the tough times.

I appreciate all you you who post and reply. You have encouraged me so many times just when I needed it. It is tough. I find that unless someone knows the complete process we go through, they don't really understand how tough it is. What I do know is I can look here, and find others who do understand, who have advice, and will encourage me on my journey.

Hang in there. Dream the dream.

I am on day 3 and I can't keep eyes open at all

I thought it was boredom that was making me go to sleep but then I realize if I don't have anything going into my body to give me energy then I don't have any energy and I'm tired. It really is refreshing to have this site to look at to remind me that I'm not the only one out there going to this right now. So thank you all for sharing your stories.

@@Debbie623 - Dream the dream...I love that!

I have been a little weaker than normal too and since I have no caffeine in my system I am sooo ready to get in the bed and go to sleep!! Usually I stay up until about 1130 but I do well to make it to 1030 now. And I go right to sleep! lol

Its really hard to believe caffeine did so much for me, but it really gives quite a bit of energy.

Hang in there everyone. We are going to make it!!

I have been a little weaker than normal too and since I have no caffeine in my system I am sooo ready to get in the bed and go to sleep!! Usually I stay up until about 1130 but I do well to make it to 1030 now. And I go right to sleep! lol

Its really hard to believe caffeine did so much for me, but it really gives quite a bit of energy.

I was in bed by 8:00 or 9:00 several times on my pre-op diet. The fatigue is no joke! Hang in there!

I am on Day 3 of 14 day liquid diet. And I have to say I am very proud, I have not been ugly to anyone and I have not chewed their arm off for their food! Really it isn't too bad, some of it is habit, I am now realizing how much food was playing a part in my every day activities. So like others, I stay busy during the day at work, it is when I get home, lucky for me it is just my husband and myself and he doesn't care what he eats, he will happily eat a sandwhich. So I don't have to cook when I go home, but I have a lot of extra time in the evenings so I have to find things to do. But I am getting a lot done! that is a good thing!

@@Licia no caffeine?? I am allowed two cups of caffinated coffee and unlimited sf tea. Good for you girl!! Keep it up! We will get through this !!!

@@Licia no caffeine?? I am allowed two cups of caffinated coffee and unlimited sf tea. Good for you girl!! Keep it up! We will get through this !!!

I had to quit caffeine for my pre-op diet too. I think they just wanted me to give it up those two weeks earlier so I wouldn't be dealing with caffeine withdrawal while recovering from surgery. I was allowed coffee again at 30 days post-op and trust and believe that I was literally counting down the days!

@@chines66 - Doc said I could have coffee and tea but decaffeinated only. But I have to have cream in mine so had to give it up! I keep telling myself I can go back to coffee a month post op. :)

I'm on day 2 of my liquid diet. The shakes sometimes take a bit to "choke" down. I have been infusing Water with fruits to get the flavor of some sweets. The chicken Soup shake from Unjury has been great, nice for something not sweet. Haven't been too hungry. Hoping it doesn't come on all the sudden and BAM hungry! But, going day by day and looking at the positives. Surgery in 12 days Woot!! Good luck all going thru this. We will make it!

Good luck to everyone starting the pre op plan. I start in 2 weeks, so I am sure I will be here crying by day 3 lol.

Hugs

Kate

Roseluv3 how are you doing with your liquids? I am on day 6 and everyone is still alive here, it did get better at the end of day 33 and day 4 got a lot better. Iam very tired of shakes all ready I am getting like in but lord they are not wonderful...but iam doing them and yes the Unjury chicken Soup is such a good one to switch up all the sweet with!

Good luck everyone!!!!