Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh I started my 2 week pre-op diet today too and I'm getting real hungry! I need to stay focused. It's lunch time and all I can think of is food. I'm praying for self-control.

You can do it! My stomach was grumbling today and I was just like "wahhhh" but I came home gave my kids a snack and I had broth. Yum! Lol.

I'm on day 7 of a two week pre op, and honestly, taking my chewable Vitamin has been the highlight of my life this past week...LOL! It does get easier, though the first few days were miserable! Bout you'll get through it! And when I've been craving salt, chicken broth has really helped! I'm sure you'll do great! Good luck with your surgery!

Thank you! I totally agree about chewing the Vitamins, lol....that's sad though huh. Good luck to you as well!

I believe I was truly meant to see this post, I start my 2 week pre op diet first thing in the morning, and I just finished my last meal, came home and packed my "lunch" for tomorrow and decided to see what I could read before I get ready for bed.

My husband and I live east of Houston, and I just made my husband go out in the "storm" so I could have my favorite thing Mexican food, for my last meal. I have not and did not pig out tonight, matter of fact I did really good, except for the chips and green sauce I had. That was my cheat.

I have the Lap Band and I am being revised to the sleeve on July 1st. I have had my band since 2003. So I did a 3 day liquid diet before my band, but no where as strict as the liquid diet I will start tomorrow!

I do am very worried about the next few weeks, but my BFF did this same thing last year and she keeps telling me after the first 4 days it gets easier, and I can believe that, just worried about those first 4 days!!! :)

Now that I am done rambling, I just want to say, thank you... Just reading your post encouraging Roseluv3 and others, has also made me feel like I can do this! Here we go!!

Edited by ReaderGirl

Bless you!!! I am dreading this so bad!!! I know it sounds horrible but the thought of no food for weeks on end makes me a bit anxious and depressed all at the same time ????

I believe I was truly meant to see this post, I start my 2 week pre op diet first thing in the morning, and I just finished my last meal, came home and packed my "lunch" for tomorrow and decided to see what I could read before I get ready for bed.

My husband and I live east of Houston, and I just made my husband go out in the "storm" so I could have my favorite thing Mexican food, for my last meal. I have not and did not pig out tonight, matter of fact I did really good, except for the chips and green sauce I had. That was my cheat.

I have the Lap Band and I am being revised to the sleeve on July 1st. I have had my band since 2003. So I did a 3 day liquid diet before my band, but no where as strict as the liquid diet I will start tomorrow!

I do am very worried about the next few weeks, but my BFF did this same thing last year and she keeps telling me after the first 4 days it gets easier, and I can believe that, just worried about those first 4 days!!! :)

Now that I am done rambling, I just want to say, thank you... Just reading your post encouraging Roseluv3 and others, has also made me feel like I can do this! Here we go!!

Awww your so sweet! We can do this (well we actually have to do this). So today is day 3 and I'm trying to stay positive, active, and sane. Everyone keeps telling me that each day gets better and I'm gonna believe that. Good luck to you, you got this! ????

Rosev3,

well I have made it to 1:15 pm on Day 1 and I have not chewed off anyone's arm or taken there food , here at work! but I am following my plan drinking as it states, trying to stay ahead of the starving feeling.

Day 3... let me know if in the next day or two if things get better on the liquids...that's what I keep hearing! Good Luck!

I did Keto before too but this is like extreme restriction, lol. I think it's just knowing that I can't eat that's the hard part. 2-6 pm is my tough time. The kids are home from school, they want a snack, then I have to get dinner ready. I'm gonna serve my family and then find something to do. Im hoping each day gets easier.

I think you nailed it when you said that you need to find something to do. As I mentioned my husband is going through this right now and I do my best to cook meals when he's not home or serve dinner when he's downstairs relaxing after work. It's easier for us right now if he's separated form the temptation. But I know that once I start I will need to cook and serve dinner for the kids and then leave, or find a new hobby to invest my time in to get me through those two weeks, as well as when temptation strikes later on.

Right now my worst time is after work but before dinner, as well as weekends. I think there are walks in my future as well as possibly planning out the upcoming year of Girl Scouting.

My daughter is in girl scouts too! She's a brownie. The last during dinner a few nights I've rearranged furniture (lol), cleaned a bathroom closet, refolded all my kids clothes in their messy drawers, and I started keeping a journal so I'll write in that sometimes. Today's my 3rd day and so far it hasn't been so bad we will see when it's cooking time. ????

I am on day seven just switched from full liquids to clear for the next 7 days. Just took my kids thru Mcdonalds and GOD KNOWS I feel weak but i was strong enough for that moment. A random thought ran through my head... Is this how thin people feel all the time? Or is the empty feeling just me?

I am 1 week into the pre-op and I am hungry. I really have to NOT watch food ads on TV. and I avert my eyes from restaurant signs! lol

At this rate I am really wondering how I am going to make it through the last 2 days of clear liquid!?!

I am 1 week into the pre-op and I am hungry. I really have to NOT watch food ads on TV. and I avert my eyes from restaurant signs! lol

At this rate I am really wondering how I am going to make it through the last 2 days of clear liquid!?!

The clear liquid part was actually easier for me. I think it was mostly because the surgery was SO close at that point and I was scrambling to get everything organized and I was so amped up and anxious. Didn't have as much time to think about food.< /p>

@@JamieLogical - Hope you're right!

I am on day 8 of the liquid diet and I lost 3lbs by the third day then regained and relost 1 lb but I haven't lost any more. That's just not right! After all this suffering I should be down at least a couple more pounds!! lol

@@JamieLogical - Hope you're right!

I am on day 8 of the liquid diet and I lost 3lbs by the third day then regained and relost 1 lb but I haven't lost any more. That's just not right! After all this suffering I should be down at least a couple more pounds!! lol

The pre-op diet isn't about weight loss, it's about shrinking your liver. But I agree that it doesn't seem fair to NOT lose weight when you are starving yourself!

Rosev3,

well I have made it to 1:15 pm on Day 1 and I have not chewed off anyone's arm or taken there food , here at work! but I am following my plan drinking as it states, trying to stay ahead of the starving feeling.

Day 3... let me know if in the next day or two if things get better on the liquids...that's what I keep hearing! Good Luck!

@ReaderGirl...it does get better!! Third day was much better and today being the 4th is as well. U are being smart staying ahead of the hunger, good job. We got this! ????