Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am just wondering what all Vitamins everyone takes. I'm pre op & totally obsessed with trying to figure out a good Vitamin cocktail. I know people whom only take a multi vitamin. I want to try & get everything I need to start vitamins before surgery.

My surgeon's office has you get a starter kit from them. It is Bariatric Advantage Vitamins and they are all chewable. I take 2 Multivitamins a day, 4 chewable Calcium citrates and a chewable Iron pill. Twice a week I take a sublingual B-12.

I take the Flintstone's with Iron, Citrcal Calcium Pearls, and Omega 3. The Omega 3 is something I took before surgery that I have continued taking. I see a doctor friday who is going to do a metabolic panel...Actually - I have a consultation with him. I have no idea what the metabolic panel is used for...I'm guessing in part to see that my dietary needs are being met. I've been curious about B12. I was not instructed to take any.

I followed my surgeon's Vitamin regimen that they gave me. I chose Bariatric Advantage because they had the chewables and I knew they were good. I took 2 Multivitamins a day (morning and evening) 3 calcium citrate chewys (I started with the chewable ones and couldn't stand the chalkiness!) 1 sublingual B-12 and 1 chewable Iron supplement.

At about 5 weeks out from surgery, I switched to a Multivitamin with Iron that Bariatric Advantage has. I really prefer just swallowing pills when I can and not having to chew them up. My surgeon approved it, because he said they dissolve really quick and won't get stuck. I take 3 of these daily instead of 2.

I take non-bariatric Vitamins. Started out with Centrum chewables and everything else I could get in chewable\dissovalble form then switched to pills about 4 months out. Here is the cocktail:

AM

Multivitamin

B12 (I got to quit the B12 as mine is high, but it was part of the prescription)

D3

Biotin

Fishoil

Multistrain probiotic

Omeprazone

Noon

chewable iron+C (Went back to a chewable +C to help promote absorption as I was a little low at last check)

PM

Multivitamin

Fishoil

Omeprazole

Time release Calcium (started on the Caltrate chews 3x per day)

I had surgery 6 weeks ago and have been taking the following Vitamin cocktail for the past 5 weeks:

AM

Multivitamin x2 per day (Celebrate chewable mandarin orange) - this one is my least favorite. It's chalky, super sweet, and just gross.

D3 x1 per day (Bariatric Advantage lemon gel 10,000 IU's) - I don't mind this one. The lemon is a bit strong, but the gel is pretty small and goes down quick.

calcium citrate x4 chews per day (either Bariatric Advantage caramel or Calcet Creamy Bites lemon) - the lemon is my absolute favorite "vitamin". It's the consistency of a truffle and tastes like Starbucks' lemon cake.

PM

Iron x1 chew per day (Bariatric Advantage chocolate Raspberry) - yum!

B50 Complex x1 per day (Bariatric Advantage) - Finally a Vitamin in capsule form!

B12 sublingual x1 three times per week (Bariatric Advantage) - this one is chalky and disgusting. I found that taking this one along with a sugar free cherry lifesaver really helps.

I can hardly wait to be able to take my multivitamin and B12 in capsule/pill form again. The chewables and sublinguals aren't too bad, but I dread taking those two the most. I take the Multivitamins before the Calcium and the B-12 before the Iron. The calcium and iron act as my "reward" for getting through the gross ones!

My surgeon has all of the Vitamins available for purchase at her office at the same prices that you can find them for online. I was also given samples of all of the Vitamins, so I could decide which flavors I wanted to purchase. However, many people's tastes change after surgery. You might wait to by vitamins (at least the chewable kind) until after your surgery. I don't think my tastes changed much, but I am a bit sensitive now to overly sweet stuff and some of the vitamins are super sweet.

Good luck @@MrsYoungblood!

I'm not buying yet just trying to figure out what I want to use. Thank you!

I leveraged the required list from my Bariatric center of excellence. They do not push or sell a certain type of solutions, they simply give you a list of requirements and where they can be purchased for less.

AM

Take Biotin (this is optional and helps with hair, skin, nails)

calcium citrate

PM

Multi Vitamin with Iron

D3

calcium citrate

Twice weekly

sublingual B12

Most everything I buy I get at costco in bulk. I do not take Iron separately as I no longer have my period and my iron levels have been excellent. Prior to my bypass I was anemic and having to take iron everyday.

My only suggestion is to consider that you might need to experiment to find supplements that do not make you nauseous. I would not "stock up" on a lot until after surgery and you find what works for you.

Good luck!

thanks for the information everyone. I am new and was just browseing to see if I could find out anything about what is comming. This was very helpful.

I thought this post was about something else entirely. LOL

AM: 2 Centrum chewables

AM2: 4 Ferro-sequels, 2 D3 and a chewable Vitamin C

PM: 2 Citricals and a sublingual B12

PM2: 2 Citricals

Nascobal (B12 nasal spray used once a week, by prescription). My doc prescribes this and the company sends me my Calcium chewable, Multivitamin chewable and Iron chewable for free. Check out their program. I'm sure you can google it.

Www.bariatricfusion.com

Www.bariatricadvantage.com

Www.opurity.com

Www.twinlab.com/products/bariatric-support. (This 1 can be found at Vitamin Shoppe)

i am still pre op but i take nature made multi for her d3 B12 and calcium citrate every day and have so for a month