Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 29th Bypass Surgery

I was lucky where I only had liquids in the hospital and my pre op was shakes fruits and one real meal of food a day. I hated liquids, thinking of broth makes me want to barf. You're brave for enduring all the liquids !

Hi Amy

Welcome! Best of luck to you on your pre-op and surgery! Please keep us posted on your progress and any questions, do not hesitate to ask ????

Hi Amy! I was so nervous myself. But it's been a week and a half and I'm back to my normal self. It was easy. The hardest part is watching others eat around you because you mentally want some. I've lost 22 pounds so far since starting the 2 week liquid diet. You're going to be nervous, that's natural but you also don't want to look back 10 years from now and wish you did it. Good luck!

Edited by smrogg

Hey guys~

well I'm now 9 days post op and today I am soooo tired. Complete lethargy. I haven't been this tired yet. Seems weird because I'm on mushy foods and getting more nutrients than I had the first week post op. My goodness, I'm a walking zombie!

I'm also having dull aches in my back, specifically near my kidneys. I'm drinking about 64 oz of Water per day but can't kick the dull ache. Any ideas or advice? I currently have heating pad on my back and it's helping a lot!!

Oh also, TMI but I'm back to having regular BMs but this morning there were oil drops in the water...??? What is that?!?! I have been very strict on the diet so can't imagine where that's coming from.

I am so glad to have you guys to bounce questions and ideas off of. Thank you in advance!!!☺️

I've been very tired also. I'm not motivated to do anything. I've got the aches and pains too. Yesterday all my major joints were achy and my arms felt very heavy. My husband...who had surgery a year and a half ago said its part of the process and to push through the pain...yeah ok...as far as the BMs go, I haven't had that yet but I also haven't had a BM since Monday. Might be because I'm still on liquids. I can start mushy foods on Monday. And I'm dying for that.

You all are doing great. I had the sleeve on 6/22/15.

I'm writing in to let Kell know those "oil drops" are likely just mucous. Nothing to be concerned about.

Hard to get rid of the aches. And I know they suck, these past 3 days have been ache less. I walked around when I had them. Congrats on your BM, I wouldn't worry about the oil, our bodies are going through some weird stuff, if last week the toilet didn't scare you, this should be nothing lol .Sorry you're tired, we're all going to have our days :(

I hope you feel better !! also curious to know what you've been eating, I'm out of ideas for food, for me it's Tuesday that I can normal shaped food again.

Well, I have PB2 as a snack sometimes. Hummus, Danon light and fit Greek yogurt, canned peaches in Water not Syrup, black Beans and Refried beans with a little cheese and mild sauce, chunky potato Soup, mashed potatoes with cheese. I'm hoping to hard boil some eggs and make an egg salad which dr said was fine as long as I chew it to bits or I can purée it in blender. I bet you can't wait!!! I'm on mushy foods for two weeks. As of right now I'm too tired to get creative with my options so I'm just doing boring basics. I'm not tolerating my Protein Shakes very well (burp up shakes afterwards) so need to get in more Protein.

Thanks ! I'm soooo doing mash potatoes and potato Soup lol

The shakes do suck, I'm doing the same one I loved on my pre op diet and now they taste bad and I have a hard finishing them.

Not gonna lie I've totally had mac and cheese and it's the only thing I can repeat.

Also have you invested in flavorless Protein you can sprinkle on food ? Got my protein at GNC... Helps if you can't tolerate food.

You have eaten Mac and cheese? How'd you do with it? One of my food funerals was Mac and cheese yum

I don't have the Protein Powder, I guess I'll have to get some. I also have not done any vegetables. I'm worried about gas but also that mushy broccoli makes me gag thinking about it!!

I do just fine with mac n cheese. It's the only food I've tried that doesn't gross me out.

I didn't make it, I think it's bobby Evans, from the freezer.