Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 3 post-op slept in my own bed it went well. I took my meds and my Multi-Vitamin with about a pint of Water it went well. I am going to try my first Protein Drink mixed with unsweetened almond milk. I still sore but it's a beautiful day in Foxboro so I am going to walk hopefully a mile and a half.

Sounds like you are doing great! So glad to hear it! Keep up the positive attitude and things will be a breeze! Enjoy your walk!

I feel nervous too good luck wating for mine on July 29

I'm nervous too!! I go the 29th as well. Today I had a stress test (omg big girl on a tread mill - only lasted 5 minutes before my heart rate was target at 180). Cardiologist just called- normal yay!! And insurance finally authorized me! Double yay! Now just drinking fluids until I pop!

Day 4 post-op no pain meds so far today, walked 1.5 miles and I drove to the grocery store and walked around for a bit

I got down 12 oz. of unsweetened almond milk with a scoop and a half of Syntrax Trophix vanilla it went down much easier than yesterday, no problem keeping up with my h2O intake, I also managed to get down my supplements with less difficulty the trip to the supermarket was interesting no emotional responses to food no blind lust for the sweet empty calories in the bakery I did cheat a little I had a 8 oz glass of Newman's Gorilla Grape over ice a bad choice I know but it was almost too sweet I can take it or leave it so I will leave it and wait a couple of weeks so I can juice real fruit the plan for the rest of the day is another Protein drink and broth with unflavored protein another walk and lots of cool clear Water

Good luck and good health to all

Jay

Edited by jjp

11 days post-op, and glad to say I am past the worst of it, but my larger incisions still hurt like hell! I had a lot of problems getting Protein since every shake out there gave me problems, but Fairlife Milk has finally made getting protein easy again.

Down 31 lbs in a month though, so I'm happy about that!

@@BarrySue

Glad ur feeling better!!

2 more days!!!

My pantry and fridge are fully stocked and I took my 'before' pics today. I'm so ready!

My husband and I went out to dinner tonight for my "final meal". I had fried clams, fried scallops, and the best clam chowder. (It's summer in Maine, I needed to get one last fried seafood fix.) Tomorrow is Clear Liquids only. Yum! And then Monday I go to the hospital at 6am for the first surgery of the day at 7:30. I can't wait!

2 more days!!!

My pantry and fridge are fully stocked and I took my 'before' pics today. I'm so ready!

My husband and I went out to dinner tonight for my "final meal". I had fried clams, fried scallops, and the best clam chowder. (It's summer in Maine, I needed to get one last fried seafood fix.) Tomorrow is clear liquids only. Yum! And then Monday I go to the hospital at 6am for the first surgery of the day at 7:30. I can't wait!

I envy that you didn't have to do the liquid preop diet! Are you planning on any Protein clear liquids? If so, let me know because I switch from full liquids to clear liquids on Tuesday (for surgery on Wednesday) and I'm struggling with what to "eat". I wish you luck for surgery and please let us know how it goes :)

2 more days!!!

My husband and I went out to dinner tonight for my "final meal". I had fried clams, fried scallops, and the best clam chowder. (It's summer in Maine, I needed to get one last fried seafood fix.) Tomorrow is clear liquids only. Yum! And then Monday I go to the hospital at 6am for the first surgery of the day at 7:30. I can't wait!

I envy that you didn't have to do the liquid preop diet! Are you planning on any Protein clear liquids? If so, let me know because I switch from full liquids to clear liquids on Tuesday (for surgery on Wednesday) and I'm struggling with what to "eat". I wish you luck for surgery and please let us know how it goes :)

I have some Syntrax Nectar samples that have protein but I think I'm going to save those for post-op. I also have the unflavored Protein Powder that I could mix in with broth, but I'm also thinking I don't want to open a whole container of broth if I'm going to be leaving for the next couple days. So I'll probably be going protein-free for the day and just trying to ignore my hunger. It's 1pm and I haven't had anything at all today. I'm sure it'll hit me tonight though!

Post Op 3 days.

I feel great my stomach where my big incision is is still very sore. I have slept most of the time since being home getting up to go to the bathroom and walk. I was hoping I would feel like doing more as I have some fun projects I wanted to work on but not really in the mood. Even TV is not entertaining for me. I am so worried about getting in my liquid. I feel good though and would love ideas on different Protein etc. I had egg drop and wonton Soup with protein added which was really good.

I purchased Thai homestyle soup that I think I am going to add lite coconut milk too to try to get the flavor of Tom Kha Soup.

Thanks everyone and good luck to those who have it coming up.

July 21st :) glad it has come and gone--excited about stage two foods this week, lol.

Lucky my surgeon had me on the liquids for two weeks . I am ready for the mushy stage

2 more days!!!

I have some Syntrax Nectar samples that have protein but I think I'm going to save those for post-op. I also have the unflavored protein powder that I could mix in with broth, but I'm also thinking I don't want to open a whole container of broth if I'm going to be leaving for the next couple days. So I'll probably be going protein-free for the day and just trying to ignore my hunger. It's 1pm and I haven't had anything at all today. I'm sure it'll hit me tonight though!

You really should have some protein. Your body is going to need those reserves for surgery. I would open up the broth & mix it with protein powder if I were you, and then freeze the leftovers in ice cube trays. That way you will be all set for the post -op diet. Good luck with your surgery!

July 28, 2 days to go. I have ups and downs. I teach and worry about energy to do my job. Has anyone used New Whey liquid protien from Walmart? It says it has 42g of protien for a 3.6 oz pouch. One review said it could be mixed with Water. This would help with the first week if it is any good.