Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greetings fellow July sleevers! I am new since yesterday when I started my freakout and began reaching out. I chill down and then freak out and chill down and freak out, but all of you are making me braver! thank you. I wish everyone great success and I am going to include all of us in my daily surgery prayers!

Today I have researched home remedies for sagging skin and made a recipe. If anyone wants the recipe, let me know and I'll send it to you. I trying to figure out how the forum replies work so patience please (or training is good too, i'm new to online forums). Happy Sunday!

I can see I'm not the only one confused about pre-surgery diet. Maybe it has to do with each patient's unique situation and also doctor preference. Afterall, they are the ones going in there, so they aren't going to make their work more difficult. I think it's best to follow what the doc says. In the absence of specific instructions, as in my case, I have a couple choices I can make. I think i'll do a Protein fruit shake in the morning and protein at lunch and dinner and a bit of a shake if I need a snack at night two weeks out. I figure i'll accomplish the liver shrink, and prepare my tummy for the trauma. now, about sagging skin; any ideas? I was thinking of doing soaks in the tub with yummy oils and all kinds of stuff like that.

Pre-op diet depends on you and your surgeon... i have seen several differnt senarios and instructions. The need for the diet is to shrink your liver so that the surgeon can get to your stomach more easily during surgery. I have my surgery next Monday (!!!!) and started my clear liquid diet w/ 3 protien shakes a day today. So far so good,,, just staying positive and taking every hunger pain / thought one at a time, I can do this and so can everyone else. I am keeping my eye on the prize! Best wishes to all and I am following your journeys!

July 11th!! Excited

Me too!! I feel like it's so close but so far away!

July 28th can't wait to get it over and start my new journey been prepping for the new diet for 3 weeks I wonder how it's going to be different for real?

July 15th! :)

July 23rd here at the WLF Clinic in Tijuana - Dr. Pompa. Anyone on my timeline or clinic? I start pre-op diet #1 July 9th. I can hardly wait just to get started.

Wow! I can't believe it! My surgery is in three days!! July 2 - my life will be changed for the better!!

Am I ready? Yes!!

Am I nervous - Not too!

It did hit me last me night as I was in bed for the night, and I couldn't shut my thinking off! The surgery center won't call me until Wednesday night to let me know what time my surgery is. I'm hoping and praying that it will be first thing in Thursday morning!!

Good luck to all of you being sleeved this week!!!

Speedy recovery prayers on the way!

July 23rd here at the WLF Clinic in Tijuana - Dr. Pompa. Anyone on my timeline or clinic? I start pre-op diet #1 July 9th. I can hardly wait just to get started.

I'm July 23rd too. It will be here before we know it. Good luck to my fellow July sleevers.

July 20th! And I'm on my preop diet already....

July 13th. Starting pre-op diet tomorrow, 1k cals or less and dont eat like an idiot. low-fat, low-carb high Protein foods.

Can't wait to shed the fat suit, good luck all.

I completed my pre-admission tests today. Surgery is a go for July 13th. I'm nervous and very excited. I think today made it more of a reality! Started my new walking routine with some friends tonight. My doc doesn't require a pre-op diet (but it is recommended) other than 1 day Clear Liquids the day before surgery, but for my own safety and peace of mind I plan to adhere to a low calorie high Protein diet in order to shrink my liver as much as possible. The next 2 weeks are going to fly by... by this time in 2 weeks I'll be on the losers bench.. EXCITING!!!