Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Proof is in the Pictures

I am now 1 year and 9 months post op. I reached my goal weight at about 10 months post op (140-145) and in the year since then I've felt that things have been moving very slowly. Well, I was ordering a dress online the other day and I had to take my measurements. I hadn't taken then since reaching goal weight almost a year ago. I was shocked to see that even though it felt painstakingly slow, I lost an additional 20 pounds and 22 inches in the past year, putting me at my "dream goal" and feeling pretty freaking amazing.

My husband and I just got back from our anniversary getaway and we took a picture together. When I got home I decided to see if you could really tell a visable difference from me at 1st goal weight and dream goal weight a year later and I think you can. I was pretty surprised. I'm feeling super happy at my weight and health and fitness level right now, and having kept it off for nearly 2 years I"m feel pretty good about the prospects long term as well.

Well then I decided to go a little crazy, and I went back and found my anniversary pictures from the past 5 years and decided to do side-by-side comparisons. I'll only include the one from last year (goal weight) to this year (dream goal weight) AND one from my highest weight (278.4) to now (125), but if you want to see the rest of them, just click on the link here to the blog post with all the pictures from the past 5 anniversaries:

"The Proof Is In the Pictures" Post

Here is goal (June 12, 2014) to dream goal (June 12, 2015) and highest weight - 278.4 (June 12, 2013) to dream weight - 125 (June 12, 2015). Enjoy!

post-182723-0-05832400-1434230234_thumb.jpg

post-182723-0-56947100-1434230236_thumb.jpg

How wonderful - you guys look great and you look terrific!

Happy Anniversary and congrats on meeting your goal!

Simply amazing! You look awesome at your Dream Goal wieght! the funniest part is that your hubby has turned up his game with the little hottie on his arm! LOL Congrats! I am 5 days sleeved so feeling bloated and extra fat. Know things will start changing soon.

How wonderful - you guys look great and you look terrific!

Happy Anniversary and congrats on meeting your goal!

Thank you!

Simply amazing! You look awesome at your Dream Goal wieght! the funniest part is that your hubby has turned up his game with the little hottie on his arm! LOL Congrats! I am 5 days sleeved so feeling bloated and extra fat. Know things will start changing soon.

Ha! Thank you! Yes I think we both look better with age :-). Hang in there! The weight will start flying off if you stick to the program.

Congratulations

You look great!

You look good and yes your hubby has transitioned with you lol. Happy Anniversary!!

You look good and yes your hubby has transitioned with you lol. Happy Anniversary!!

Thank you!

U look absolutely flawless!!!!! Happy anniversary!!!!!! And congrats on your amazing results!!!!

U look absolutely flawless!!!!! Happy anniversary!!!!!! And congrats on your amazing results!!!!

Wow!!! Thank you! "Flawless" is something I've never been called :-). When I see pictures I see that I still need my arms done & my inner thighs, etc. it seems like you can always find something else to pick on yourself about ;-)

Awesome! Great before and after, very happy for you. This is tough stuff and I like to see and hear from people who help reinforce my own decision.

WOW! You look like a different person. You look happy in both pictures. It is so great having a husband stand by you through this journey. Happy Anniversary!

WOW! You look like a different person. You look happy in both pictures. It is so great having a husband stand by you through this journey. Happy Anniversary!

Thank you! I think we have both grown a lot through this journey because I've learned a lot about myself beyond food.

Livvsmum...I want to thank you for the blog. It took me two days but I read it all. It was very informative about the process and didn't sugar coat the continued struggles post-op.

Your hard work really shows and you look amazing!!!

I'm really thankful for everyone here for sharing their experiences which help the newbies like me have a better sense of what we are getting into and the journey ahead.