Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah it'll be about a year for me as well. I chose Dr McArthur.

Oh ok... I knew her name was mc... something lol. I'm going with Dr cantor. Was is Dr McArthur seminars that you went too. All of mine were Dr Cantor. I'm so excited. I have seen millions of videos some probably twice :)

The first seminar I went to was with Cantor and the second was with McArthur. I just asked the scheduler who I could see the soonest. Lol.

Lol yeah she told me she was 1 week earlier. Someone recommended Dr cantor. I heard they were both awesome

I've heard that too. I'm sure we're both in very good hands. :)

I, too, went to nutrition in woodbridge! My last NUT appt was 4/20, my surgeon appt was 5/29. Surgery is 8/17.

That's awesome! You're so close now. I hope everything goes well for you!

I had my appointment today with Dr. Mcarthur. I was told the scheduler would call to set the surgery date in one to two weeks, but she called me this afternoon and set it up for November 19!!! Hope your appointment goes well next week. We're almost there!

That's awesome!!! I have been waiting for you lol so then I'm looking at November. .. well at least it gives us a month to get life in order. I'm so excited for you. Thanks I'm so ready!!!

What did you do at the appt

@ fordgirlalways

@@brittneywlsj At the appointment I filled out some paperwork to give to the nurse. The nurse took my vitals and just asked me some questions like if I smoke and how often I drink alcohol. She also gave me a true and false quiz to do to make sure I understood the surgery and what I need to do afterwards. Then I met with the case manager. She just asked me if I had any questions and gave me her card if I wanted to reach her. The nutritionist came in after that and verified what Vitamins I was taking. She also went over the pre-opt liquid diet and recommended I buy a book called The Emotional First Aid Kit: A Practical Guide to Life After Bariatric Surgery by Cynthia L. Alexander. She said it's written by a psychologist and the book is supposed to have other people's stories and what you should expect to happen after the surgery. I'm definitely going to buy it. It sounds like it will be really helpful. Then Dr. Mcarthur came in and asked some questions about medications and health history. She went over what medications to stop before the surgery and what not to take for a certain amount of time post-opt. She also went over the risks and possible complications (what they went over at the seminar) and drew a picture explaining how the surgery will work. After that she did an examination of my stomach and felt around. She also went ahead and put in all the prescriptions that I will need, expect for one that I'll need to drop off. That is pretty much it. I'll see her again before the surgery at the end of October.

If you're not already in the group, there is a private FB group for Dr Cantor, Dr McArthur and Dr. Salameh (the VHC surgeon 2% of people get) patients. Let me know if you'd like to join.

I would like to join and that was great information thank you I'm so excited

@@MaureenVA I would also like to join this group.

You're welcome. I'm so excited for you too. @@brittneywlsj

Edited by fordgirlalways