Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, finally back from Tijuana, I had my sleeve and it was fabulous, this is long feel free to check out now if you prefer.

I took off for TJ on Thursday, had a very pleasant and uneventful flight and as soon as I landed called the coordinator for my ride. I walked out and in less than five minutes the driver Angel pulled up with the van. He took my bags and we hopped in the medical lane and drove off towards Tijuana and the Marriott. The drive only takes about 20 minutes in good traffic and soon we were at the hotel.

The Marriott is beautiful and everyone is so helpful the only downside is that they are so busy. Even with reservations I waited for an hour for my room the first time. It's not bad but I was tired and just wanted a nap, finally I got a room and nap. That evening I went down for a bowl of broth that was surprisingly delicious. I watched a movie, fell back asleep, and got ready to leave in the morning.

I met all the people who were having surgery that day and we were carted off to Hospital CER. We waited for about fifteen minutes and then they called us one by one to our rooms and to change into our gowns and highly fashionable compression socks. The did an EKG, took some blood, and sent up an IV. They immediately started pumping us full of fluids, antibiotics, and gave us some anti-anxiety meds and after that it was a lot of waiting. Even though we got there early in the morning the first surgery wasn't scheduled until two in the afternoon. I was second in line for the surgery so even though we arrived early I just wanted to get on with it. All I wanted was to have the surgery, around three they came in told me I'd be next and asked me to sit in a wheelchair and took me down to the pre-op and recovery area. I was wheeled into the OR and then transferred to the table. I remember the anesthesiologist giving me the drugs and then I didn't wake up until I was done. I had to make sure someone called my mom because I came by myself. She wasn't waiting though she called the coordinator to check after the usual time frame had elapsed.

After that I went to back up to my room and took a nap, and when I woke up I felt well enough to take a walk and hang out. There was no pain and no gas. I forgot the one incredibly irritating thing is that the hospital is next to two night clubs and a cantina, it sounds like there's a party IN the room with you all night. Strangely only one side of the hospital can hear it, so if you're across the hall you're fine.

So for the next few days it was walking the halls in regular intervals with all of my other surgery buddies. The drain is super irritating and the next morning you get to take a shower and remove the compression stockings. Still covered in medical adhesive but it gets better by the day. They removed out drain and that felt terrible to me and then a leak test which is gross but not nearly as bad as I had expected.

We got to go to the hotel and I only had to wait for thirty minutes for my room although this one had no windows although that didn't bother me because at night it's pitch black and the others had to wait for several hours for their rooms. We ate broth together and then took off for naps. The next day we woke up and went site seeing and then eventually the time came for me to fly home! I'm home and trying to drink a ton of Water and wishing I could eat something even though I'm not really hungry at all.

Sorry for the long rambling post but here are some pictures to go with it!

post-230312-0-64145900-1434004617_thumb.jpg

post-230312-0-80656200-1434004618_thumb.jpg

post-230312-0-84364700-1434004619_thumb.jpg

post-230312-0-78879800-1434004620_thumb.jpg

post-230312-0-89389400-1434004621_thumb.jpg

post-230312-0-90224800-1434004622_thumb.jpg

post-230312-0-94586100-1434004623_thumb.jpg

Edited by FancyCakes

Thanks so much for sharing! Im scheduled for the 19th there and it really helps to hear all the details and see pictures.

Glad to know everything went smoothly for you and you are back home and recovering. Sip, sip, sip and walk, walk, walk. Take it one day at a time. You really will see huge improvements every day. Be good to yourself and be patient.

Very informative! Thank you. This is the first time I read anything about waiting on rooms at the Marriott. I'll now be better prepared for that.

I'll be there in a week!

What hospital did you have your surgery at?

Very informative! Thank you. This is the first time I read anything about waiting on rooms at the Marriott. I'll now be better prepared for that.

I didn't have to wait at all for my room at the Marriott either time (I checked out when I went for surgery and checked back in and got a different room the day after surgery). I wonder if it might have something to do with what time of day you arrive. Maybe if you get there early (before check OUT time), you have to wait for someone to check out and for them to get the room cleaned and ready for you?

@JamieLogical I'm glad things went smoothly for you. We are getting picked up at the San Diego airport at 4:00 pm this Sunday, so things may go timely for us at the Marriott. I hope we get a room with a window, lol. We are spoiled in the United States. My hubby is going with me, so we will keep the same room the whole week which will simplify things for me. I'm so glad to have the info from peeps on this website!!!

One week today for me for surgery! :)

One week today for me for surgery! :)

Yay! You'll be joining us on the losers' bench very soon!

How far from the hotel is the hospital

Who was your surgeon? You forgot to add that in your write up :) Great informative write-up however :D

I'm sorry my surgeon was Dr. Fernando Garcia and I was at CER Hospital. I'm home and doing well.