Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The mind games after surgery are all most too much for me. I don't want to ear at all. Period. I went from trying to stop myself from eating to now I forces myself to eat. I've lost 37 lbs since my.surgery date 05/18.,but I don't SEE it at all. My clothes are a little more loose, but my mind tells me nothing has changed. I don't like eggs, cottage cheese, or chicken anymore like I did prior to surgery.... I'm a mess

I'm so sorry to hear this. This must be so frustrating for you.

It's also an emotional time too after surgery. I hope with trial and error you can find foods that you do like. Hang in there.

I am not eating nearly close to what I am supposed to. Everything tastes different. I can't stand the taste of Water, and I loved Water before. I'm searching for maybe the right bottled water. I have a filter on my tap at home, and I LOVED it prior to surgery. Tea I have found most comforting. I continue to try to get all my fluids in, but I truly sympathize. I don't have any hunger anymore so I have to force myself to eat. Quite different from me pre-surgery. So I get what you are saying.

Hopefully with time, things will change. Keep us updated.

It will get better I promise everything pretty much tasted like crap or metal ewww for awhile Water too it will go away it's very frustrating in the moment I found warm drinks and broth went down better baby fruit juices were good too v8 was ok I hope u feel better

I was at the same state.. Still am kinda... But I just took a step back and am drinking Protein Shakes and nutrition shakes to be up and about through the day. Forget about food and go back to liquid. I got super depressed from being sick and tired so my doctor suggested that I would go back to liquid and fuel my body with what what it needs instead of trying to eat and failing..

I was at the same state.. Still am kinda... But I just took a step back and am drinking Protein Shakes and nutrition shakes to be up and about through the day. Forget about food and go back to liquid. I got super depressed from being sick and tired so my doctor suggested that I would go back to liquid and fuel my body with what what it needs instead of trying to eat and failing..

It kinda makes you have buyers remorse to a degree doesn't it? The only thing is my doc wants us off of the shakes at 6 weeks and eating. I just don't see how that's possible. I'm almost a month out and the things that they said I can / should be eating make me feel like crap afterward. On a positive note im,dropping the pounds like crazy ????

The learning curve is steep. I had lots of days in the first couple of months where I just cried because I hated everything, nothing tasted good, and I was pissed because even though nothing tasted good, I couldn't even finish what I was eating. LOL

I promise you it gets better.

I'm so sorry to hear this. This must be so frustrating for you.

It's also an emotional time too after surgery. I hope with trial and error you can find foods that you do like. Hang in there.

I am not eating nearly close to what I am supposed to. Everything tastes different. I can't stand the taste of Water, and I loved Water before. I'm searching for maybe the right bottled water. I have a filter on my tap at home, and I LOVED it prior to surgery. Tea I have found most comforting. I continue to try to get all my fluids in, but I truly sympathize. I don't have any hunger anymore so I have to force myself to eat. Quite different from me pre-surgery. So I get what you are saying.

Hopefully with time, things will change. Keep us updated.

I have been the same way with water! I live on crystal light lemonade now.

was doing some serious crying today. ..hate eating, can't get in enough Water, and it didn't help that baby was sick lol. but, I'm 6 days post op, so i figure it can only go up! I'm glad I'm not alone. I'm now forced to deal with issues i didn't know i had, and I'm excited about the renewed me on the other side of this journey.

I read yesterday that our brain is really confused right now. I had my surgery same day as you. I'm done about 35 lbs.

You're not alone.

I tell my sister often as well as my parents that eating has become a chore. I don't enjoy doing it anymore, I have to force myself to do it.

You're not even a month out. You're doing just fine.

My surgery was June 1st and I tried to eat some soft food this weekend and I guess I ate to much or my little pouch just wasn't ready because it felt like it was stuck in my chest. Takes all the fun out of eating when you can't eat but two bites, it's really more trouble than it's worth! I really just want to get back into some sort of normal routine! I'm back at work full time, that helps some. I know I'm not drinking enough but I can only get so much down! I'm getting my two Protein shakes in but not much more than that, and that takes me forever! I knew my life would be different but when will it be some sort of normal again?

Hi everyone it really just takes time I had my sleeve on feb 24 I still have days where I eat a couple bites and I'm done its trial and error if u eat to fast or dont chew enough or have one bite too much it will feel stuck in your chest or throat if u drank to close to eating u will feel too full it does get better I swear u just have to be patient and don't push in things u want but aren't cleared for yet I promise u it hurts don't do it cut everything very small and chew well and it will get better