Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30/60 drinking rule?

I have had my sleeve surgery and am doing well with the drinking with meals rule. I have had some friends ask if it's a good rule for non surgery people to follow especially when dieting. It seams to me that it would keep them feeling full longer also. But not sure of the facts. So does anyone know?

Can you tell me what you mean by 30 /60 rule? I think it just dawned on me what you mean but I like to be as clear as I can.

If you are supposed to eat several small meals, I don't know how you would get fluids in. I can't drink 30 minutes after, and 10 minutes before.

My surgeon follows the 30/60 drinking rule (before/after meals). They said following this rule allows digestion to occur more normally and also keeps you feeling fuller long. I'm not quite sleeved yet, and am still working this rule into my diet.

So today is shake day. I took my Vitamin this morning and I guess it's the 30/60 rule. So do I wait 30 minutes before I start shake and then drink shake 30 minutes and after 30 minutes drink shake then I have to wait 60 to drink fluids. I'm getting confused so how am I to drink Water

On 6/10/2015 at 3:52 PM, cdaddy said:

I have had my sleeve surgery and am doing well with the drinking with meals rule. I have had some friends ask if it's a good rule for non surgery people to follow especially when dieting. It seams to me that it would keep them feeling full longer also. But not sure of the facts. So does anyone know?

My team has the 15/30 rule and that's what I follow. No drinking 15 minutes before a meal and no drinking for 30 minutes after a meal.

It seems that all programs vary. I don't think it would hurt if your friends tried it, It works for us right...👍

35 minutes ago, Ofordnew said:

So today is shake day. I took my Vitamin this morning and I guess it's the 30/60 rule. So do I wait 30 minutes before I start shake and then drink shake 30 minutes and after 30 minutes drink shake then I have to wait 60 to drink fluids. I'm getting confused so how am I to drink Water

It doesn't apply to the shake phase because Protein Shakes are a liquid, it applies once you start the soft, puree and regular food phase. I sipped all day when I was on shakes.