Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Forget to eat?

Does anyone forget to eat? I do. Before I had this surgery, I used to look at "skinny girls" like they had 3 heads when they would say they forgot to eat. I could NEVER forget to eat. Now, I get busy or distracted and forget. I have to remind myself to drink constantly and to get my Protein intake each day. Some days are easier than others.

Such as today. I got up and had some Water. I took my Vitamin and Biotin and then I got distracted with cleaning and kids. I started shaking and that caught me by surprise, so I had to take a time out and have a banana with Peanut Butter. I'm good now, and I know I have to be careful (as I am only 3 months out).

Just wondering if this ever happens to anyone??? Even further out?

post-255414-14339496541178_thumb.jpg

Then vs Now

post-255414-14339496950469_thumb.jpg

Kasey SW 266 CW 204 SD 2/19/15

@@Kasey85 - I have felt a bit "foggy" and realized I haven't ate in a 16 hour window<eat dinner around six and not again until 10 am next morning> I felt kind of out of it and realized I hadn't had anything but Water and my body was sending me a signal... I am 5 weeks out today.

I didn't have this problem until I had kidney stone surgery in late April. Now I have to set an alarm to remind me to eat Breakfast and even then, it doesn't always work. And if I forget to eat breakfast, I usually end up forgetting to eat lunch, also!

I forget not to eat especially when I walk through the kitchen.

@@Kasey85 which procedure did you have? Congratulations on your loss! !

I am close to being 2 years out from sleeve surgery. I do forget to eat from time to time. Sometimes I just choose not to eat as I am out and about and there are no good choices - so I think I will eat when I get home - but of course by the time I get home I forget....not a good habit to get into I know!

I would be surprised if this hasn't happened to everyone at one point or another. The bad news is, your body really does feel it if you wait too long.

I have no real interest in food. I haven't experienced hunger since surgery. In fact I kind of dread eating. I don't like how full it makes me feel. Heck, I don't even like pill time, that fills me up too. I know I'm only 3 weeks out and maybe that's normal, but I read about others who had surgery around same time as me and they are hungry. What's the difference? I am baffled by this.

I have to remind myself to eat, and I don't care if that's the new normal for me, it seems to me, that's how it should be. Those serious hunger triggers I used to feel are just gone. My blood sugar is stable, I eat twice a day, by force, and that's all I can do right now. Maybe in future I can do more. I'm lucky to get my fluids in, yesterday was the first day I met goal with fluids since surgery. WOOT!

I'm glad I'm not alone in these feelings.

I had my rny june 2013. Not ever hungry. I look at the clock to see when to eat. food just dont excite me

@ when I did my follow up the doctor said two meals a day should be plenty and if I was hungry in between (not thirsty - drink first and wait to see if you are hungry) then I could have fresh fruit or veggie. he basically said by leaving one meal out I would burn up more stored fat and reduce calories at this point.

I was also told to spend about 20 minutes eating and then stop, period.

Edited by jane13

I have had those days, and then there are days when I feel like I am more hungry. It doesn't work for me to forget to eat, it actually hinders my weight loss.

When I am not getting in enough Protein and/or drinking enough Water my weight loss stops totally, and I will retain Water and hold onto every single calorie.

It makes me very lethargic and jittery like i have had way too much caffeine, so I remind myself to eat even if it's just getting in a Protein Bar or a shake.

It's nice not to be "enticed" by food, and have that driving need to have to eat it. We were at an air show a few weeks ago where all that good (BAD) food was and you know the smells were great and that was more than enough for me and the hubby. We knew we could not eat those things even if we wanted to..and the best part was not "wanting" to and just enjoying the event.

@@jane13 Thanks so much!

That was really helpful to me. I won't sweat it, I don't feel weird or weak or anything. I walked two hours yesterday and feel good, better than I have in a long long time.

I focus on the fluids first, that's the most important thing. I like the part about 20 minutes, cuz sometimes my food is cold and I'm still working on it after 30, and just feel stuffed. It's like I'm literally force feeding myself and I don't like that idea or feeling.

Thanks again, you helped a lot!

@ - I am starting to look at the clock and make sure after 20 minutes I just stop eating, period. I am pretty much full by then.

I am trying to get atleast 100oz of Water in daily. I have a smaller water bottle (25oz) and I started yesterday trying to drink it completely on the way to work. Once I get here I re-fill it and try to finish it by break (3hrs later-8am), re-fill and finish by lunch (3hrs-11am) and one more before I leave. That would put me at 100oz and hopefully I won't be making potty trips all night and any Water AFTER that is icing (low calorie) on the cake!