Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wl- pill topiramate aka topamax

So i finally saw my internist... And he basically told me that he cant give me an anti fungle cream because i dont have a fungus under my fupa... So i prob wont get approved for fhe panni... But he did give me a prescript for topiramate... Aka topamax... And he told me i can stay on it for as long as i want or need to as well as when hitting my goal of 180 but his reccemandation was 150. Never in my life have i been that small... But what about the loos skin??? Well he said my insurence is acually branchin out out our medical center.... And laser Lipo will be on the menu for those who lost lbs on thwir own in conjuction with diet aid... And now its been recorded.... So by my 35th birthday i may be who i see myself as.... This has been a hard and long battle.... I have about 120 lbs to loose now with this pill...

I tried topamax before surgery and it didn't do anything for me. They said it would reduce craving for sweets and soda. My soda still tasted amazing. Hope it works better for you.

He gave me 50mgs... Ill keep u posted... I remember i was on phentermine like 8 yrs ago and lost soo much but i was like 199. But soon after i dropped lbs i got pregnant with my daughter and its been a battle ever since.... I hope it works. I had alli aka xenical but insurence doesnt pay for the prescribed and alli is too expensive... And whils it helped me shed close to 40 lbs the new one on the market isnt the same. I need an appitite surpressant... I do hope it works... Crossing fingers!! Ill keep u posted

Was on topiramate for Migraine headaches. Never experienced the appetite suppressant side effect my doctor claimed would happen. Qsymia (Phentermine and topiramate) which is a schedule IV drug is supposedly more effective. One of my friends is on it and says it works despite Topomax alone not having worked for him in the past. Not to sound like a commercial, but the drugs only seem to work along with diet and exercise.

Topamax keeps me from binge eating and has help me alot, I can't wait to get back on it, can't take it now because I have to crush all my meds.

Well im pretty active so im hoping it will work... Insurence doesnt cover qsymia either way ill see what happens i took my first pill about an hour ago and im starting to get sleepy, my mouth is kinda dry...i feel relaxed... I guess everyone is different. But im willing to see how this go in the next 30 days.

I took topimax for Migraines for years and gained most of my weight then. Tried Qysemia to help lose the requirement for my program and actually gained 5 lbs in 2 months despite diet and exercise. But, everyone is different. You can have your doctor prescribe the drugs separately which your insurance may cover if they won't cover Qysemia. Phentermine is the real weight loss drug in the mix and some people just have their doctor prescribe that. Good luck with it.

Well its tolidamate which is the generic form of topamax.... The print out for topiramate says thats side effects dry mouth, loss of appitite drowziness.... I went to my doc asking for weight loss meds and told him phentermine he told me he didnt feel comfortable wit that... I asked him about adderall he said no... Then he said theres topiramate...when i looked it up i found out it topamax but the generic form was used for weight loss as well as treat bi polar, head aches, migrains, ect... Either way... Some meds work for ppl in different ways... He seemed sure of this particular medication.... And so ill go wit that...

@@Gwenlucy ive seen alot lf reviews since filling the prescript this afternoon and i feel confident... This doc is an older man has been a doc for 30 yrs and the newer combos he wasnt sure of... He didnt like the phentermine at all. So i trust his judgement. I eat healthy now and excerise but the munching is what doesnt help me... Aftet 30 days ill give my full review of weight lost if any and how i feel on it

I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss goals. I hope that Topomax helps you out.

I was on it for about 7 years for the prevention of Migraines and was told weight loss was a nice side effect. Well, it did not stop my headaches nor did it help me lose weight at all. In fact, I was at my heaviest weight while taking that medication.

I have heard of others having good success. Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones!

I have severe Migraines with Aura which leans that they are so bad that I actually lose sight in my right eye and/or black out. My MRI shows damage simular to stroke from these migraines. Conseauently I take Topiramate 400 mg daily. It also helps with my neuropathy. Unfortunately it doesn't curb my appetite at all. It does make DIET soft drinks taste weird but not regular full sugar ones. No help there. If your insurance doesn't cover it and you live near any Winn Dixie grocery stores their pharmacy program is incredible. Almost every generic drug is either $4 or 10 with or without insurance and most common antibiotics are free. Even if you have insurance.

Edited by lynneanne

Most doctors, especially if they are older, may be wary of Phentermine because it was one of the Phens in the weight loss drug Phen-Phen in the 80s that had deaths associated with it so it was taken off the market. Unfortunately, many doctors may not realize it was the other Phen, not Phentermine, that was the culprit there. (BTW I am a Certified Pharmacy Technician so I am not talking out my @ss here lol). Topirimate did not really work for my Migraines either, anyway. But, everyone is different. Good luck!

On a side note: I have not had a Migraine since I came home from the hospital after my bypass last Wednesday....coincidence? Or maybe bypass can cure migraines too!

Hi.. Yeah i said it was phen phen.. I worked in the medical field for yrs as a medical assistant and also billing and my parents are in the medical field... He said he didnt trust it. Im not using topiramate for headaches or migrains im using as an appitite surpressent... First day on it and i acually feel a difference... Obviously im not going to loose lbs over night... But i dont have an urge to munch which for me is a great thing... Thanks for the info :)

i take topamax for my Migraines - and it does affect my weight - i think it is one of the reasons i do not eat as much daily - i just do not get hungry. Also it made cokes taste like there was melted pennies in them so it was very easy for me to get off those. It definitely affected my taste buds - but in a good way i think - i taste things in a different way but i also crave things that before i thought were gross - certain vegetables for instance - it is crazy!! Good luck to you! It has helped my migraines as well - i take 100mg a day - 50 in the am and 50 in the pm. But i like i said mine was just for the headaches i didn't even know they were giving it for weight loss until recently- i hope it helps you!