Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All,

I will be having gastric bypass late August to early September per my surgeon..

I already have a Disney World vacation planned and paid for in November. So that should put me 9-10 weeks out from surgery.I would like to know if anyone else has gone that soon after their surgery? Also, were you able to ride the rides just fine? I LOVE rides/roller coasters and will be sad if I can't ride.. We did get the FREE dining plan and I know there is no way I could ever eat as much food as that plan offers, but oh well. lol If you have any tips for me that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Think of all the walking you'll get in!

I think you should do fine. I'm 10 weeks out and feel great. Just make sure you carry a water bottle everywhere with you to stay hydrated and maybe some Protein Shakes or bars and you should be good. I haven't been on any rides but I've been on a motorcycle and plane and stuff and been fine.

I think you should do fine. I'm 10 weeks out and feel great. Just make sure you carry a Water bottle everywhere with you to stay hydrated and maybe some Protein shakes or bars and you should be good. I haven't been on any rides but I've been on a motorcycle and plane and stuff and been fine.

Thanks! I planned to bring Water with me. I hadn't thought about the bars excellent suggestion! I'm glad your recovering well.

They have salad with chicken on it on the kids meal at several of the restaurants. It's the perfect size.

Yea I'm suprised at how easy the surgery is. It's not great the 1st few days but after that it gets better everyday:)

Yea I'm suprised at how easy the surgery is. It's not great the 1st few days but after that it gets better everyday:)

I'm so glad it hasn't been bad! Has it been really hard not being able to eat as much or you don't really notice?

I have been really nervous about surgery because it seems like most are saying its super hard(ie taking pain medicine). I handle pain well and have never had to take anything stronger than tylenol, but I also have never had major surgery like this. I am a big ball of nerves! lol

It's really weird not being able to eat much. I used to fill my plates up now it just looks so empty and when I go out to eat with people I just order an extra plate and pick off people's plates lol. The worst part about surgery for me was the drain on my left side. Once it was removed on my second day post op I started feeling better. I surgery in Mexico so I had to catch mutiple planes on my 3rd day post op and I didn't make it home till about 11 pm that night. But I made sure to take my pain meds and I was fine. Quit taking any on my fourth day post op. Definitely recommend gas relief it helped me a ton.

I'm a huge Disney fan and my husband and I go quite often. They have completely revitalized menus over the last few years. Loads of healthy choices and Snacks all over the parks. If you do a little pre-hand research you'll find when it comes to looking for the right foods you'll be just fine. Have fun!

I'm going to Disney World Aug 15th, going to spend some time at Universal. I'll be 3 months out around that time, I've lost 61 lbs so far and I feel great! I'm so looking forward to trying some good food when I get there! Not going to over do it or anything, but hey, isn't the saying "There are no calories at Disney World"? Totally kidding, but believe you me, I'm getting a bite of the Cronut at Be Our Guest breakfast! I figure I've earned it because I'm halfway to my goal almost. I was a little worried about the rides, but nothing is worse than going on a plane. The only ride I feel might be a bit intense is Mission Space. I'll let you know how it goes!

I am having surgery July 27, and we have a WDW trip booked for the first week of November. It's going to be awesome!

I am having surgery July 27, and we have a WDW trip booked for the first week of November. It's going to be awesome!

I'm so excited to go to Disney World too! We will be there November 7th to the 14th and I'm super pumped! Hopefully your surgery went well and you are doing great. :)

I'm going to Disney World Aug 15th, going to spend some time at Universal. I'll be 3 months out around that time, I've lost 61 lbs so far and I feel great! I'm so looking forward to trying some good food when I get there! Not going to over do it or anything, but hey, isn't the saying "There are no calories at Disney World"? Totally kidding, but believe you me, I'm getting a bite of the Cronut at Be Our Guest breakfast! I figure I've earned it because I'm halfway to my goal almost. I was a little worried about the rides, but nothing is worse than going on a plane. The only ride I feel might be a bit intense is Mission Space. I'll let you know how it goes!

Yes, please let me know how it was when you get back. I bet you will have a blast! Congrats on the weight loss too!!

I read where the dole whip's are not that bad for you, but I'm going to double check it first. :) At least we all will get plenty of walking in.

@ You will be just fine! Most importantly keep in mind Protein has to be #1!!! Don't waste your calories on carbs. Which means "Skip the Dole Whip". Just a 1/2 cup serving is 80 calories, NO Protein and 17g of sugar! Best thing to do is start using My Fitness Pal before you have surgery and keep using it. You can do a search and find out the nutrition information on thousands of items and make your choices wisely. You can do a restaurant search for all of the restaurants at all of the parks online. Preparation is key to success. Best of luck on your surgery and I can't wait to hear about your trip :D I live less than 3 hours away from the parks and have been many times.

You'll have to consult your surgeon to see if its,safe for you to ride. Good thing about Disney is there are lots of "lower thrill" rides. If you're worried about fitting, I went at around 350 lbs in 2013 and was able to ride many, many things. I found a great website I kept pulled up on my phone so I knew before I got in line if I could ride it. I'll see if I can find it and I'll post it.

You will be just fine!!! I'm 6 weeks out and could totally do a Disney vacation now. Just keep up with your Water with all the walking you'll be doing. Disney is also fantastic about having healthy options available as far as food but they're also great about allowing outside food to be brought in - so pack a cooler bag with string cheese, yogurt, etc.

Jealous!! Have fun!!!