Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Working on all pre op tests started the process in May 2015.

Hi. I am new to all of this. I have been sick for 1 1/2 years and finally my cardiologist said time for WLS. I have been told by all of my doctors it will not fix all of my problems but will help at least 50% of them. I am so looking forward to it. Although, I am getting overwhelmed with all of the appointments. I have 10 appointments in June for all the pre op testing. Insurance is a nightmare with getting the autho for all of these appointments also. My sister went thru WLS many years ago. So, I kinda have an idea what i am looking at. Although she had the RYN and I am going to be having the DS. I just figured if I posted here and maybe see I was not the only one overwhelmed with the process it will make it a little easier for me. I am terrified to go thru this and excited all at the same time. I am ready to be able to go outside and play with my grand babies and be able to do the things my husband and I have always loved to do that has gotten harder and harder over the past 1 1/2 years. Looking forward to meeting new friends on here going thru or that have gone thru what I am

starting.

Welcome @@Jangy03253! Congrats on making a decision to get healthier and committing to a change for life! This site is am amazing support system. Ask questions and read away! Good luck!

I'm going through all my appts now too. Looking at surgery to be in August. It's exciting and scary all at the same time. I'm having the loop ds.

I never thought the preop tests would end. So many. The whole thing is overwhelming and as odd as it sounds, they need to ensure you're healthy enough for WLS. So don't worry. You're certainly not alone in feeling this way.

Well, I have completed all the pre op testing.. I have 2 more support groups, 3 more diet visits.. Last one on Oct. 1st. then last nutrition appt after date is set. I am also going thru weekly relaxation therapy with the psychiatrist that did my psyc eval. He is helping me quit smoking and is a wonderful support thru this. He also had surgery a few months back with my doctors. I am 1500 miles away from my family and my husband well he is a man. So, he does not understand all this. They did find some issues in pre op testing.. but 2 of them can be corrected at the time of surgery. The rest well we just have to watch it for now. I am 13 lbs down already and i am greatful. How do you get the weight counters?? Hope all has a great day..

I never thought the preop tests would end. So many. The whole thing is overwhelming and as odd as it sounds, they need to ensure you're healthy enough for WLS. So don't worry. You're certainly not alone in feeling this way.

RE: smoking. That's a great idea. It's so important to be off cigarettes when you have your surgery.

Aug. 6th.. What can I say about Aug. 6th? Its my anniversary, we are having in law issues.. Anything to bring me down while going thru this. They have never been a good support for me. Well, other then that I am going today to get my last 2 years of weight history that i need.. Finally found it at a local hospital. Visiting my Dr. for my 4th diet appt. 20 lbs down now woo hoo.. Going to the psyc doc to help deal with these in laws and to help me with the smoking. Then to a Protein tasting class.. Boy is my day full.

Sorry to hear about the legal issues. But glad to hear the WLS process is going forward.

Sorry to hear about the legal issues. But glad to hear the WLS process is going forward.

Thank you.. But, there are no legal issues.. Only issues with my husbands family. They are not supportive of anything I do and should not shock me, its always been this way :(

Oh, in-law issues. Now I get it.

Thank you.. But, there are no legal issues.. Only issues with my husbands family. They are not supportive of anything I do and should not shock me, its always been this way :(

Yes in law issues and it just gets worse and worse.. I have already wrote 1 out of my life.. I tried for 5 years because it is my husbands family.. But, from now on this is about me.. He has allowed them to hurt me for 5 years thinking it will go away.. well not this time. I do not need to be brought down by them all the time.