Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your Favorite Post-Op Go-to Foods

@@Stephanie Salsera Perrott, I started smooth Peanut Butter one week post-op. It is on my list of soft foods.

I'm not allowed Peanut Butter :(

@@Stephanie Salsera Perrott we are on the no Peanut Butter club..lol then again i dont know if my tummy could handle it!

i tried some things and it was too much!

when we CAN have pb we can have a party B)

The only reason I asked about the ground turkey is because I am not supposed to have beef until week 6...ugh

I am not a huge fan of ground turkey either and before surgery I always used extra lean ground beef. Guess I will wait it out and be a good girl. lol

I checked out the New whey Protein -- that looks interesting and I think it would be good to have in my purse for those busy days that tend to wind up low in Protein. Also looks like it would be good in a smoothie.

I can't do tuna. I don't know why -- it's the one food that makes me want to puke. I have tried it with both low fat and regular mayo, same result.

My go-to is boneless/skinless chicken thighs. Hubby grills a bunch of them and I have one for lunch. I like the Quest bars in a pinch. I do fine with beef, which is great cuz hubby does amazing things on the grill with beef!! I have to make sure I weigh it out first, because I can overeat it and then the nose starts running, the hiccups start, and all that fun stuff.

For quick dinners on the nights my husband is working and I fend for myself, I like the salmon burgers/patties from costco. I eat 3/4 of one and share the other 1/4 with my three dogs :-)

Cheddar cheese -- the sharper, the better.

Preop, my favorite, I'll-never-give-it-up food was Peanut Butter. My preop Breakfast was toast with Peanut Butter. Postop, I have zero taste for it. Go figure.

Edited by LisaPunkinHead

Interesting -- I did a little research on the New Whey Protein. Reviews indicate that it is mostly collagen Protein, which is incomplete and our bodies won't absorb as well as whey protein, which is complete (has all the amino acids). New Whey is a combination of whey, collagen and casein. The label says it's a complete source of protein, but how much I don't really know!!

Emailing my NUT for her valued opinion.

Ostrim snack sticks

Turkey Keilbasa with spicy mustard

String cheese

Deli turkey spread w/ laughing cow cheese and rolled up

Cashews!

Weight Watchers String cheese

My new fav - P3.

Premier Protein already mixed shakes - can't beat 30 grams of Protein per drink!

tuna

Egg salad (made with relish and mustard)

cheese sticks

Yogurt

Turkey pepperoni and turkey beef Jerky

I toasted my turkey pepperoni to make it crispy like chips. Oh my it was so good.

I am a little over 4 weeks post-op. My go to things are

Dannon Lite and fit greeks

Cottage cheese

Soups I will even eat the cream of potato mix with fairlife milk for added Protein and mix half tablespoon of GENEPRO Protein powder.

Unsweetened applesauce with GENEPRO mixed in for Protein.

Single serve tuna fish packets with low fat mayo, dill pickle cut off the skin, put it in the food processor and eat with a couple reduced fat ritz.

cheese is also good. I buy a block of Kraft Colby and cut into 1 ounce portions.

I like eggs over medium. Basically the inside is a liquid and I just chew the heck out of the whites.

I just bought tofu- great to add Protein in homemade shakes

I like cheese,so bought some brie and those laughing cow cheeses.

Just started pureed foods yesterday and after the two week pre-op diet and two week post-op full liquids everything I've had so far has been delicious!

Soft scrambled egg with low fat American cheese

Cottage cheese w/applesauce

chicken cooked in the crock pot with a packet of Italian dressing mix; pureed with some broth.

Pureed chicken with light mayo, Dijon mustard

Pureed peas and ham

Definitely getting full feeling from the pureed foods much more than I did from full liquids. Can barely do 2 oz of chicken at a time and that's with nothing else with it.

Loving life though! No regrets!

Loved everyone's suggestions!

Edited by jfzimmerman