Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm new to this site. Going to get sleeved on 6/15/2015. My story in a nut shell... I went from bikini model babe to eating my way to doubling my weight over the past 20 years. I am an expert diet pro. I have gained/lossed 80%/40% of my body weight respectively. I have done this more than I can count. My husband of 10 years met me as I was hitting a low weight 152. We've been married 10 years and I have ballooned up to 227. He has never treated me any different. I fought the deadliest form of breast cancer and so far 5.5 years out and I'm still alive. Now I really want to live!! But not at the fat, unhealthy weight I'm at now. I don't want to do anything or go anywhere and I hate the mirrors. So after considering this for 8 years now The Lord is blessing me with this opportunity. I don't know how to fill out profile. I hope to get to know some great people who can share this journey with me!????

Hi Im in Uk and just waiting on my date which I hope will be in July. All the very best for your op, not long for you to go now

Chris

Hi and welcome!! I was sleeved May 15 of 2015, so I am 3-1/2 weeks out. Your date is coming up very soon!! Good luck and hold on for the ride!

Your surgery day will be here before you know it. Welcome to the loser's bench!

I am on June 15 also!! Good luck and see you on the other side:)

Welcome! This site is great for getting answers to all your questions and for just getting some love and support in the hard times. So feel free to post often with any of your thoughts. Also, to set up your profile, I believe you need to be on the desktop/computer version of the web site, not the app on your phone or tablet. Once you are on the computer version of the site, you can click on your name in the upper-right corner of the screen and edit all your settings from the drop-down menu that comes up.

I had my sleeve 11 days ago. Had my post op appointment today and was down 12 lbs. started my Vitamins and B12 today so I am hoping that will give me more energy. Still struggling to get enough Protein and fluids in. Each day gets better. I know you are excited. Its sure is a new life. Hardest part for me so far was giving up my diet pepsi and caffeine. Once over that hurdle it was all good.

Welcome! My surgery is come up soon too. I'm on the first day of the liquid diet.

Welcome. Was sleeved on 4/27 and down 30 pounds so far. Feeling great. This site has some wonderful people and advice

So excited too, having my sleeve in June 30, I can't wait! I'm starting my pre-op diet next week. Not looking forward to no coffee :-( I'm also going to miss my occasional glass of wine. But I know in the long run it'll all be for my good!

Hi Everyone:

I just finished all of my pre-insurance requirements and thought today would be a good day to jump in to Bariatricpal with both feet. I am hoping to get approval soon and have a surgery date within the next month. I have PPO and they do cover it so hopefully the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed. Looking forward to this journey and the support from everyone in this community. I am not looking forward to the pre-op liver shrink program or the immediate post op struggles but the sooner I begin, the sooner I will be on the other side. The support and encouragement on this site is great and I look forward to coming out of my fat shell and participating wholeheartedly.

Welcome! We are date twins! My procedure is on 6/15 too! I'm having rny.

I'm June 15th too! Welcome!

Hello, I have just completed my 6mos (it was actually 7mos) supervised weight loss program. I met with my surgeon in November to discuss the surgery after talking to my doctor. I have been considered obese for almost 30years and have been worrying about my health. I don't have any health issues right now but my Mom does and have family history. I decided to take this step to a healthier future. I was looking for a forum to join and talk to real people who have experienced weight loss surgery and their challenges and successes. My surgeon just submitted the surgery request to United Healthcare Friday, so now I am waiting for hopefully an approval.