Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So i had a consultation for medically needed tummy tuck... ( the apron) i going to consult my internist about phentermine.... I was advised for best result to loose 60 lbs or more for the best outcome. Anyone been on? I need to loose in 3.5 months...

@@youngmilf Yes my doctor prescribed me phentermine before I was even thinking about surgery.. just another failed attempt at weight lose lol! I was on them for about a week before I flushed them. They made me really jittery, to the point where I couldn't sleep (and I took them in the morning!) and my heart was beating so fast I thought I was gonna have a heart attack! Nope, not for me! I gotta say, they did curb my appetite and did what they said, but I still ate. Def a rough experience for me... hopefully it'll be better for you! Good luck :)

Have you had WLS? If so, you shouldn't need diet pills. If you go back to the basics, you should be able to start losing again.

I took phentermine before I had WLS and it did work until my body got used to the medicine but that takes 6 months or so. It's pretty effective the first few months.

I took it about 5 years ago and never adapted to the jittery feeling and heart racing - mine went in the trash.

I'd avoid if possible....I was taking phentermine on 3 different occasions in life....and recently had an SVT Ablation. ..due to the rapid heart beats..felt like a heart attack. ..it's not worth it...and I'm only 35.

it's speed. You will be jittery, unable to sleep well, you won't be hungry but you will have heart flutters and/or racing heartbeat. Yes, you'll lose weight but it's not worth it IMHO.

Yeah i was on it like 8 yrs ago before i had my daughter i lost massive weight. Then i got pregnant i didnt even get a chance to really enjoy the weight loss... I didnt know of anything else. Im really going for a panni i lost 40 lbs on my own but the surgeon said that i had to loose the maximum and so i went to my internist i need a push i have the slowest motabolism ever. So he gave me topamax.. He said he didnt feel safe with phentermine.. Im feeling very good on his suggestion.

I hated Phentermine. It made me feel jittery and nervous, like I had come to work "high" on something. Also, it worked for most of the day, but the appetite suppressant effect would wear off by evening, and then I would eat like a crazy person.

I loved it. I was able to drop between 60 and 80 pounds (minimum) every time I used it.

The problem was, I would regain between 75 and 90. It worked wonderfully for me in the short term - and honestly, I don't know what long term damages I may have done to my body.

I took phentermine back in 2005/2006 that was my first of many weight loss drugs/diets/whatever.

I loved the way it made me feel, so much energy. I jogged probably 3miles 4-5 times a week and I ended up losing about 60 lbs in one year. I was on it for probably 4-5 months. I was in the best shape of my life for a few years then I had a hard personal blow that caused me to be an overeater and I gained everything AND MORE back.

I've looked into trying to get on it again, but it's so hard to get. I've done every fad diet, taken all those "miracle weight loss pills" and nothing has helped.

Thankfully I'm scheduled for a life changing surgery next week and am looking forward to a new healthy future and a new me without having to pump myself full of drugs to lose weight.

No joke this drug made me fall asleep which is not common. But I was diagnosed with ADHD as a child so this might have something to do with it?

I just started taking Phentermine on Wednesday January 27th 2016. I have anxiety so it just didn't sound like a good idea but I thought it should be alright because my PCD knows about my anxiety. I don't want to eat in the evenings and I'm not jittery but I have had a continuous headache. It may be the dose (30mg) is just not too high. If I continue to have a headache I will probably quit taking it. Here's the thing, I just quit taking lorzepam that I was on for years (addicted) quit smoking January 4th 2016 and trying to get off of Diet Coke. So, who knows what the heck I'm actually feeling!!? Lol

I took Phentermine from 1/2015 til just this last month. My dr started me on the low dose, 15mg I th

ink and was on that til Nov 2015 and then changed to the 30mg. I believe 37.5 is the "normal dosage". I did not have any side effects, it worked great, I was able to lose 60lbs before WLS. I just had surgery 2 days ago.

Sent from my Q10 using the BariatricPal App