Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just found out I'm 5 wks pregnant !! We have been trying for a year now and its finaly happened. I've been banded for a year and a half now and have lost all but 35lbs of the weight I wanted to lose. I have had no morning sickness and can eat pretty normal now. I'm just curious as to when any of you had to get an unfill. I'm thrilled and terrified ! I do not want to gain weight. Realistically I know that I will. I felt like I had things under control but now I'm questioning everything and want to have a safe healthy pregnancy. Any tips or suggestions or any anything would be appreciated :)

Congrats! My baby is 7 weeks old. I never got an unfill and still gained a lot of weight. My doctor suggested a unfill only if I was getting morning sickness. Plus my weight gain is my own fault, I ate what I wanted and I am currently working on getting back on track now. Good luck and I am so happy for you.

Finally a reply !! Lol I was beginning to think I was alone :) congrats on the new baby. So far no sickness or change in appetite so my fingers are crossed ! I did have reflux issues twice last night that woke me up so today I feel like the walking dead. My daughter is 8yrs old so I'm pretty much starting all the way over. I don't not remember being this tired with her. Its all I can do to make it through the day. Im starting my prenatal Vitamins tomorrow so I'm praying they give me a little pep in my step :) Congrats again on the new baby !!

Congrats on baby!I had to have a unfill at 16 weeks and then got all of my Fluid out at 17 weeks. I have had a rough pregnancy and this is my first :-) morning sickness is what made me have to have a complete unfill but also had gallbladder surgery at 18 weeks and now kidney stones lol so I've been through the mill. Good news is you don't always gain when you get a unfill. I have actually lost about 20 lbs my whole pregnancy and I'm 25 weeks today. I think it all depends on the person and situation.

Oh no ! Sounds like you've had a tough pregnancy... I'm praying for no morning sickness, I didn't have it with my first but I know every pregnancy is different. The thought of Gaining weight is so scary..I'm like I already got rid of all my fat clothes !!! The most important thing is a healthy pregnancy and I will do what it takes for me and the baby. I hope things start going better for you ! And glad to meet another band mommy to be :)

Yeah its been a doozie lol but baby is heqltht and that's all that matters to me. :-) yes I was terrified when I found out I was having to get all my Fluid taken out and cried for a couple of days (hormone fluctuations didn't help matters haha!) Because I was so scared of gaining half of what I lost back. Its a scary feeling for sure. Yes its nice to find a band mommy :-)

My story is similar we had been trying for the past 10 months I only have 40 left to lose was banded in Jan 2014 and found out this week I was prego. Interestingly enough I had an unfill two weeks ago because I was too tight and have already gained 6 pounds! That is a lot and I am freaking out!

Congrats !!! I haven't stepped near a scale. I'm still eating like I have been so no changes in my appetite. Every time I eat I get severely bloated :( I'm 7wks today..no morning sickness so not concerned with getting an unfill. As long as I can eat enough and not have morning sickness I will keep my band as is. My first baby appt. Is 7/2 so patiently waiting :)

I lost 75ish pounds with my lap band was doing good and then got pregnant. Started to get what I thought was morning sickness and then quickly realized something was wrong with my band. I was throwing up all the time after only 1-2 bits of well chewed food. The company I went through had gone bankrupt and I never had any support when I got pregnant. Long story short. The band slipped out of position and went up my esophagus which I didn't find out about till after the baby was 3 months old. I didn't think anyone would do anything for me when I was pregnant.
I gain all the weight back plus 10ish pounds because really only slider foods would go down.
I think you're supposed to get the band unfilled when pregnant but don't quote me on that one.
All I know is my experience and everything went to hell after I got pregnant and maybe it wouldn't have had I had the right support.
I had my son in dec 2014 and had band to RYN in Oct 2016. Best thing I ever did. Lost the weight so easily and now only a couple pounds from my 185lb goal. I even just had a LBL two weeks ago! Things a going great.
Good luck with your pregnancy!!