Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since surgery has anyone had anything sweet to eat? And before you all browbeat me or each other. I haven't cheated thus far, 7 weeks post op, but just curious if anyone of you had any slips?

Heck yeah I did, 2 beautiful bites of strawberry shortcake. And no guilt. We are human for goodness sake. Best thing is, a very small amount is all I needed. And I will be doing that again soon :)

Yes indeed. I've just changed my approach. Since I try to eat as clean as possible most of my sweets are in the form of fruit. However, I have had chocolate of all forms: milk, white and dark. I also drink hot chocolate, especially in the winter. I have had cake and pie on occasion in small portions. I can't use artificial sweeteners so I put raw honey or regular sugar in my coffee and tea. The different is I use it judiciously and I don't need to have something sweet every day. I try to plan ways to safely incorporate these things into my daily eating. One big thing I noticed was once I gave up processed foods, my craving for sweet decreased greatly. I think no longer eating a heavily processed diet enables me to be satisfied on smaller doses of sweets.

Of course! fruit, Peanut Butter, chocolate on occasion. Heck I even had a couple bites of chocolate cake for my birthday the other day. A couple bites was all I needed. Just choose your sweets wisely and in moderation. That's the key.

Give yourself a break and have something. Try to incorporate some sweets into your routine. Its a great time of year for fresh fruit. But as others said, there's yogurt (the whips) are great, pudding, popsicles, and plenty of other stuff.

Heck yes.. I had the surgery to help me deal with food like a normal person would, not to go from one extreme to another. I am able to enjoy a few bites here and there.. I also managed to do an all inclusive vacation in Mexico, lose a pound while allowing myself to eat anything I liked (small portions of course), and when I got back on track, lost 7 lbs the very next week. This is all 6mo out and 108 pounds down... Just live your life, don't make food the focal point of your life, treat it as something that sustains you while you are living your life.

Some sweets are too rich for me. I also think I'm lactose intolerant now because i did try to have some ice cream and it gave me a very bad tummy ache. I have had some plain milk chocolate. I try to use moderation and now have it once every week or two where I used to have sweets every day.

I have had Peanut Butter, yogurt, fresh fruit, and sugar free popsicles. I use moderation.

I ate a mini-cupcake on our last day of school. It wasn't that good, to be honest... and made me sick to my stomach. I had 2 Hershey's kisses once, those I enjoyed! I don't have much of a sweet tooth... I crave salty Snacks, which are also a slippery slope I am choosing to avoid.

I am two. Years out and had my first case of dumping. I thought I would treat myself to a doughnut and omfg it's been over a week of complete pain and diarrhea. I will never have sweets again

I'm grateful to have read this, I was anxious about MISSING like brownies... which has been hard to give up, but none in over 2 weeks! I'm preop, waiting on insurance approval. I want to be ready and headstrong when I go in. Giving it up will only drive me further into success!