Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Before and After Abdominoplasty/Panni Pics

Thanks for all the info!

Thanks for all the info!

No problem. I'm all about "full disclosure" as far as this whole journey goes.

When it's my time I'll need the whole enchilada done myself. After 2 preg over 35 yrs my tummy muscles also will need tightened..panni won't be enuff for me either..looks great!

I'm so glad you shared this, because I'm starting to worry about all the loose skin I will have after losing my weight. I appreciate your pictures because they are truly worth a thousand words!

Thanks for sharing! You look awesome!

I'm so glad you shared this, because I'm starting to worry about all the loose skin I will have after losing my weight. I appreciate your pictures because they are truly worth a thousand words!

I worried about it a little bit at first, but knew that even if I never got rid of it, the sleeve surgery was still worth it, excess skin and all. Now that I'm rid of that tummy skin I feel like I've come full circle. Now if I can get my arms approved that would just be icing on the cake. :-)

How long did you wait to get a Tummy Tuck after weight loss ?

So my surgeon sent me my "before" pictures yesterday, which of course made me want to take an "after" pic to compare. My surgeon does the "official" after pictures at the 3 month appointment when the scar is more healed. So I snapped a couple of pics today. It amazes me. There's only a difference of about 5 pounds in my weight since before and after surgery, but it seriously looks like a huge difference. I couldn't be more pleased with the results so far.

I have scar sheets on the scar, so we will see how that ends up, but so far so good.

Can you tell me how the pain was, honestly? How long did it last? I am still a newbie, I was just sleeved a week ago, but I think there is a good chance that I will need plastics, but I don't know anyone who has had a Tummy Tuck. I just want to know what I should expect realistically.

So my surgeon sent me my "before" pictures yesterday, which of course made me want to take an "after" pic to compare. My surgeon does the "official" after pictures at the 3 month appointment when the scar is more healed. So I snapped a couple of pics today. It amazes me. There's only a difference of about 5 pounds in my weight since before and after surgery, but it seriously looks like a huge difference. I couldn't be more pleased with the results so far.

I have scar sheets on the scar, so we will see how that ends up, but so far so good.

Can you tell me how the pain was, honestly? How long did it last? I am still a newbie, I was just sleeved a week ago, but I think there is a good chance that I will need plastics, but I don't know anyone who has had a Tummy Tuck. I just want to know what I should expect realistically.

I won't sugar-coat it. It was pretty difficult pain wise. First, it took way longer than it was supposed to because I had a lot more muscle repair (as I've mentioned) than expected. You might not have that. Everyone is different. I went to surgery at 12:00pm and got back to my room at 9:00pm.

I'm almost 5 weeks post op (tomorrow I will be) and I am still sore. A this point it's a muscle soreness in my abs more than anything. Energy level and everything is pretty much back to normal.

I was told I would be in the hospital 1, maybe 2 nights, but I ended up being there for 3 nights because for the first 2 days I could not even handle the thought of having to get out of bed so I had a catheter. At the end of the 2nd day they took it out and I got up and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I've never had a lot of incision pain. It's pretty numb there. When I do incision massage 2x a day (you won't start that til about a month after) it is tender, but not painful.

The worst part for me, honestly, was the drainage tubes, I had two tubes and 1 was removed at a week, and then the other one about a 1/2 week later. They were painful in and painful coming out. I mean, you have tubes coming out of your pelvis. It hurts. So I tried in those first 2 weeks to really move as little as possible.

But once I got both drainage tubes out, things have gotten progressively better. Does it suck at first. YES. I found it to be WAY worse physically (but not emotionally) than the sleeve surgery. But, for me, once I got those tubes out it was not too bad.

I did at about 2.5 weeks post op develop an infection and had to do a 2nd round of antibiotics and with that came a high fever, but the meds knocked it out of me and I felt better after that. I also had a terrible reaction to the percocet they sent me home with and ended up back in the ER. So I had probably more complications than most.

Even with all of that said, knowing everything I know now, I would do it again in a heartbeat. No doubt. Hope that helps.

I won't sugar-coat it. It was pretty difficult pain wise. First, it took way longer than it was supposed to because I had a lot more muscle repair (as I've mentioned) than expected. You might not have that. Everyone is different. I went to surgery at 12:00pm and got back to my room at 9:00pm.

I'm almost 5 weeks post op (tomorrow I will be) and I am still sore. A this point it's a muscle soreness in my abs more than anything. Energy level and everything is pretty much back to normal.

I was told I would be in the hospital 1, maybe 2 nights, but I ended up being there for 3 nights because for the first 2 days I could not even handle the thought of having to get out of bed so I had a catheter. At the end of the 2nd day they took it out and I got up and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I've never had a lot of incision pain. It's pretty numb there. When I do incision massage 2x a day (you won't start that til about a month after) it is tender, but not painful.

The worst part for me, honestly, was the drainage tubes, I had two tubes and 1 was removed at a week, and then the other one about a 1/2 week later. They were painful in and painful coming out. I mean, you have tubes coming out of your pelvis. It hurts. So I tried in those first 2 weeks to really move as little as possible.

But once I got both drainage tubes out, things have gotten progressively better. Does it suck at first. YES. I found it to be WAY worse physically (but not emotionally) than the sleeve surgery. But, for me, once I got those tubes out it was not too bad.

I did at about 2.5 weeks post op develop an infection and had to do a 2nd round of antibiotics and with that came a high fever, but the meds knocked it out of me and I felt better after that. I also had a terrible reaction to the percocet they sent me home with and ended up back in the ER. So I had probably more complications than most.

Even with all of that said, knowing everything I know now, I would do it again in a heartbeat. No doubt. Hope that helps.

Thank you for sharing in such detail and being honest! Really helps!

Who was your surgeon? Amazing work!!!!

Seriously amazing