Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good day everyone!!!

So here's my little rant.

I am on my 10th day of my pre op diet! Which consists of no carbs, low sugar and fat free. Pretty much what I'm eating is 3 shakes a day and chicken or egg whites for dinner. 6-8 cups of veggies per day. I've been strict!! Counting, recording, not cheating (I swear!) and it was a struggle last week but this week it seemed a bit more routine for me and I am getting the hang of it. My surgery is June 10. So I have about 5 days left of the pre op diet. HERES MY ISSUE! ......

Day 1- 258.4

Day 10 251.6

Really? Am I just being stubborn? Am I being greedy about losing the pounds? I've haven't even noticed a difference yet physically.

It's just deterring when you work really hard to do the right thing and you still feel like you fail yourself.

I can't go on and on about my week. How I've been successful with not binge eating and emotionally eating (especially this week with work being so darn crazy!) so, even after writing this I feel that I'm not giving my self the proper credit and just focusing on weight loss.

What about all of you?

I haven't started so take me with a grain of salt :)

The surgeon I talked to said there was liquid drinks for pre op but didn't say anything about real food. I can see one small meal of Protein and veggies but 6-8 cups sounds like a lot?

That is pretty good results imho. I just did my pre-op diet in February and I lost 7 lbs in 14 days. My diet was a little different then yours but very similar. I would chalk this up to win.

Edited by Rizzle01

Thanks Rizzle. For some reason I was under the impression I was supposed to lose more? A lot more! Oh well! How are you with your band and journey to lose it for good ? :)

... I've been strict!! Counting, recording, .... HERES MY ISSUE! ......

Day 1- 258.4

Day 10 251.6

Really? Am I just being stubborn? Am I being greedy about losing the pounds? I've haven't even noticed a difference yet physically.

What about all of you?

So what do you expect to have lost in the 10 days? What is your calorie deficit counting BMR/calories in/exercise?

Just off the top of my head, 7 pounds in 10 days doesn't sound too bad to me, considering everything you're allowed to have on your pre-op diet. I actually think it's pretty good!

I was on Clear liquids only for a week pre-op, but that was almost 6 years ago.

Hang in there! :)

I haven't started so take me with a grain of salt :)

The surgeon I talked to said there was liquid drinks for pre op but didn't say anything about real food. I can see one small meal of Protein and veggies but 6-8 cups sounds like a lot?

Thank you Maggie!

I hate that there's no consistency! All different programs have different criteria! And it is a lot. I have a hard time meeting those in a day. Not including all those Protein Drinks.

My nutritionist also said I must use only whey Protein isolate !! ( the most horrible tasting protein) I couldn't do it. So I had to buy the concentrate. So in the end at least I'm not gaining.

Tip: this diet will test the strength in your will power. Never before did I have the will power that I have right now. Make sure you have all the foods you need, stay organized and carry your reusable Water bottle everywhere.

:) best wishes!

Ceetee13 every program is different but my nutritionist said my weight loss during the pre-op diet was very impressive. He said one guy lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks but that most people only lose about 3-4. At first I was under the impression that the weight would just fly off as well. Now I understand that 1-2 lbs a week is a healthy target. I lose somewhere between 0.5-2 lbs a week. In this instance I think slow and steady wins the race.

So far I am doing pretty well with my band. I am down about 35 lbs since the new year. I still have along way to go but I am already feeling much better. It is the simple things that I try to focus on like going up stairs and not being out of breath or buying a size smaller jeans, that kind of stuff.

It sounds like you are off to a great start and I wish you success.

Ceetee13 every program is different but my nutritionist said my weight loss during the pre-op diet was very impressive. He said one guy lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks but that most people only lose about 3-4. At first I was under the impression that the weight would just fly off as well. Now I understand that 1-2 lbs a week is a healthy target. I lose somewhere between 0.5-2 lbs a week. In this instance I think slow and steady wins the race.

So far I am doing pretty well with my band. I am down about 35 lbs since the new year. I still have along way to go but I am already feeling much better. It is the simple things that I try to focus on like going up stairs and not being out of breath or buying a size smaller jeans, that kind of stuff.

It sounds like you are off to a great start and I wish you success.

Rizzle, it's a pleasure speaking with you. Thank you to all that has sent comments my way. This app has been such a great help for me.

Best wishes my friends ????

Hi CeeTee13 my friend and I are being banded on June 12th in Belgium and started the pre op diet on May 26th (so will be 17 days in total). I think 7lbs sounds about right tbh especially after what some of the other guys have said in their replies.

Although any weight loss will be appreciated, I have sort of been looking at it that the pre-op diet is to shrink my liver, cleanse my body and clear out any of the rubbish I've been eating and drinking! I am totally paranoid my love of vodka and wine is going to come back to bite me on the bum and that my liver will look bad when the surgeon opens me up. I have been glugging Water like there is going to be a shortage, in an attempt to rid my body of as many toxins as possible.

As you are talking in cups (of veggies) i am guessing you are from th USA? I am from the UK. Good luck with your op, will you post back here so I know how you get on :-)

Good day everyone!!!
So here's my little rant.

I am on my 10th day of my pre op diet! Which consists of no carbs, low sugar and fat free. Pretty much what I'm eating is 3 shakes a day and chicken or egg whites for dinner. 6-8 cups of veggies per day. I've been strict!! Counting, recording, not cheating (I swear!) and it was a struggle last week but this week it seemed a bit more routine for me and I am getting the hang of it. My surgery is June 10. So I have about 5 days left of the pre op diet. HERES MY ISSUE! ......
Day 1- 258.4
Day 10 251.6

It's just deterring when you work really hard to do the right thing and you still feel like you fail yourself.
I can't go on and on about my week. How I've been successful with not binge eating and emotionally eating (especially this week with work being so darn crazy!) so, even after writing this I feel that I'm not giving my self the proper credit and just focusing on weight loss.

What about all of you?

Hi All,

This is my first post. I have surgery on June 24th and I can't wait! However, I am really struggling with the fasting diet. My doctor has me drinking nothing but Protein shakes. He said if I "want something to chew on" I can have a boiled egg or lunch meat turkey and ham. Sometimes I get so hungry that I start shaking and get tunnel vision. I had a poached egg and two pieces of Canadian bacon for dinner and earlier I had a low-fat cheddar cheese stick. I feel like I cheated but I thought I was going to pass out from hunger.

Do I just lack the will power or something? I'm at a loss...

Hi All,

This is my first post. I have surgery on June 24th and I can't wait! However, I am really struggling with the fasting diet. My doctor has me drinking nothing but Protein shakes. He said if I "want something to chew on" I can have a boiled egg or lunch meat turkey and ham. Sometimes I get so hungry that I start shaking and get tunnel vision. I had a poached egg and two pieces of Canadian bacon for dinner and earlier I had a low-fat cheddar cheese stick. I feel like I cheated but I thought I was going to pass out from hunger.

Do I just lack the will power or something? I'm at a loss...

I experienced the same thing. When I got that hungry I simply allowed myself some "real" Protein. I found that string cheese and lunch meat really helped me. I would also grab a P3 protein pack if I was on the go. Those saved me lol. I think you will be fine if you follow your Dr's advice the best you can.