Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maimonides Hospital? Danny Sherwinter?NYC

I answered you privately but will put it here for anyone else who may want to know:

If I had it to do again, I would pick someone else. The doctor was very nice, if a bit awkward. The office was TERRIBLE. I never got called back, found making appointments VERY difficult and the staff was as uncaring as could be. I needed to be pro-active with all my paperwork because there was no one to advise me what next step to take Yes, at the orientation talk (Dr. Sherwinter does NOT attend) they give you a packet with what you need, But that's it. It's all on you to figure out in what order to do things, where to go based on your insurance and to follow up that Dr. Sherwinter's staff gets the report. Even within the same hospital I had trouble getting my cardiology clearance over to Dr. Sherwinter. And again, no help from the staff. When my insurance declined me they just said, oh well. I was the one that found out why (a poor blood test reading) and I was the one that RAN to repeat the blood work and then it was approved. So you think you are ready for surgery? OH NO then you go on Dr. Sherwinter's waitlist to find a spot on his schedule to actually do the surgery (another 6 weeks for me).

I did try mid process to switch doctors but found converting all the reports to a new doctor was going to take just as long as enduring Dr. Sherwinter's staff so that's why I stuck it out. I kept thinking of the end result, not the process. My surgery was uneventful, thank goodness so for that reason I would say he is a "good" doctor. But at my first post op visit he said, see Ilona or Julie for another appointment in a month. They were both at their desk when I left the examining room and wouldn't make the appointment, They said, "call tomorrow" Typical of the office... why call tomorrow you and I are standing face to face and I even said, why should I call you when you won't return the call and they laughed!

The Hospital staff was fabulous. The nurses, aides and even the guy who took me for the swallow test the 1st day post op were all lovely, caring and compassionate people.

Whatever you decide, I wish you much luck and happiness. Feel free to ask me anything specific you may want to know.

Wow I'm sorry u had so much trouble!!!! I have surgery on the 24th and I no other people who had their surgery done by him and they look and feel absolutely fabulous!!! I dealt with Julie his assistant through the entire 6 month process and had no issues what so ever...I have health plus amerigroup so Julie directed me to all of the dr's who accepted my insurance and got my clearances with no problems!!!!! Julie is freakin fabulous!!!! She scheduled me for surgery the same day I was approved!!! I didn't really bother speaking to anyone else I dealt with Julie all the way because I didn't like being redirect to speak to someone's mail box she always answered the phone when I had a question and called me right back if it got extremely busy!!! At least your stay was positive and I'm happy that you are feeling ok post op!!!!!

I completely agree with Sleevefornellie. I had a great experience with Dr. Sherwinter and ALL the staff, Julie, Elena and Laura. I had my surgery in 2012. I have been back to the office several times since then and Have NEVER had a problem. Maybe it was not the staff but you who had a problem. Dr Sherwinter and Dr Krikhely are simply the best they take the time to answer all questions ask of them, they never rush you. They make sure you feel comfortable and at ease.

The monthly post op support group is a great resource. Dr mayo and all the post op patient help each other get through the difficult times. We even have a group page on Facebook Brooklyn Sleeve Bariatric surgery support group.

My wife and myself were both "Sleeved" by Dr. Sherwinter. I was operated on April 10th 2014. The staff was amazing at helping us coordinate all the testing and helping meet all of our Insurance company Guidelines. Dr Sherwinter is an amazing surgeon. The last visit before Surgery he sat us down for over an hour answering any questions we had and explaining anything we did not understand. I recommend Maimonides Hospital and Staff for Bariatric Surgery and if I had to decide all over again I wouldn't change a thing! We both had zero complications and very very small scars where the instruments were inserted. If you get to read this Thank you Dr Sherwinter for saving my life

My Husband CIBaby and myself were both "Sleeved" by Dr. Sherwinter. I was sleeved on May 7 th 2014. The staff was amazing at helping us coordinate all the testing and helping meet all of our Insurance company Guidelines. Dr Sherwinter is an amazing surgeon. The last visit before Surgery he sat us down for over an hour answering any questions we had and explaining anything we did not understand. I recommend Maimonides Hospital and Staff for Bariatric Surgery and if I had to decide all over again I wouldn't change a thing! We both had zero complications and very very small scars where the instruments were inserted. If you get to read this Thank you Dr Sherwinter for saving my husbands life.

I can honestly say That if you truly are looking for help there is no better advocate than yourself. Dr Sherwinter and his office staff have lots of patientents ... You can not honestly expect them to hold each and everyones hand. I did all my research my self with minimal input from the office and surgeons....Because I wanted the surgery.. As far is follow up visits I didn't have any problems schedualing them.

Lastly I would do every thing exactly the same... Thank you Dr Sherwinter and your staff for making some thing so hard so easy and for giving me my life back.

Hey everyone! I'm on my way to getting all of the pre-op done, the medical clearances, etc. to have the surgery done with Dr. Sherwinter! I'm a little bit of a wuss when it comes to pain and anything hospital or surgery related. I was just wondering if anyone can share their experience post op, how everything went? Sorry if this is a repetitive topic/post.. Just wanted to ease the nerves by hearing from someone who has had their experience with the same surgeon!

Thank you so much!

Have you gotten the approval yet? I've heard that you're supposed to meet him during the 3 in 1 appointment (the day you see the psych and nutritionist and his PA)..

Ah, good luck!!! I'm almost done with the pre op! Would love to keep in touch and hear about how your experience goes if you'd be ok with that!!

Thank you so much!! I just added you on both lol ????????