Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

I'm new here to bariatric pal and I'm trying to get some information and some real life experiences about vaping after surgery. I am 4 months out after surgery and I REALLY miss my vaping. I miss the flavor I miss the taste etc. I'm just curious if anyone vapes after surgery and what their experience has been. Thanks for reading and answering. ;) :D

What is vaping? It's not a term I've ever the term before.

@@freelee it's a form of smoking; it's vaper instead of smoke, flavored and free of all the chemicals and additives that tobacco cigarettes contain.

Excuse my frankness, but why in the holy hell would you restart using tobacco products after managing to stay free of them for four months?Nicotine is a carcinogen no matter what form you're ingesting it in.

I never stopped vaping. I did, however, move to 0 nicotine a few months before surgery. I am now 8 weeks postop and have been vaping since the day I left the hospital. My doctor was fine with it. Since vaping is NOT using tobacco products or combustion, it does not cause you to heal more slowly or increase the risks of DVT or pneumonia. Even if you do vape low nicotine, it isn't enough to cause issues. Some of my juices now are 4 or 6 mg and I have had zero problems. :)

@ Sreeves I am so excited to hear this! I was thinking to myself it has to be better than tobacco products. I'm scared to death to try though. I smoked for 12 years; Marlboro Medium 100s and then I switched to vaping 2 years ago. It was the best thing ever. I don't desire a tobacco cigarette at all; just my vape. :(

@ RazorbackSusan If you aren't a smoker than you don't know the struggle of it. It's very hard to quit. But I respect your bluntness. I am aware that it's not a healthy choice. Like I said, it's a struggle.

Hi all,

I'm new here to bariatric pal and I'm trying to get some information and some real life experiences about vaping after surgery. I am 4 months out after surgery and I REALLY miss my vaping. I miss the flavor I miss the taste etc. I'm just curious if anyone vapes after surgery and what their experience has been. Thanks for reading and answering. ;):D

I am not on here to debate with anyone. I am only here to give STARS my feedback of personal experience.

I started Vaping last year after quitting smoking for 30 years. I did not quit nor will I.

I have done my research and you should too. I do know it does not hinder your progress of WL from surgery.

My only concern is extra dehydration and dry mouth. Vaping in and of itself dehydrates you. WLS dehydrates you. I guess combined I get doubly dehydrated which in turn I drink way more than recommended. Do your homework and

Stay Calm and Vape!

My Dr explained it to me that a lot of the "smoke" actually goes to ur stomach instead of ur lungs, which can make u gassy. I miss it but it makes McPouchy very angry....

As a former smoker, I took up vaping to rid myself of the bad crap in the ciggies. I have gone 0 nic with my juice leading up to surgery. IF I ever go back to nic, it will be really low. Unless you have smoked, you just don't know how hard it is. Plus, vaping is not as bad as people make it out to be. In the end, very low nic is about as harmful as caffine.

Darth Vaper

@@freelee it's a form of smoking; it's vaper instead of smoke, flavored and free of all the chemicals and additives that tobacco cigarettes contain.

It is a nicotine delivery method, if you choose to use nicotine. Leading up to my VSG, I have gone to zero nicotine. It is NOT smoking. No leaves are being burned, hence no tar, arsenic, benzene, etc. etc. Many think I'm splitting hairs here because of what vaping looks like, but make no mistake. It is NOT smoking.

Excuse my frankness, but why in the holy hell would you restart using tobacco products after managing to stay free of them for four months?Nicotine is a carcinogen no matter what form you're ingesting it in.

Allow me to be frank right along with you. Nicotine is NOT a carcinogen. It is a mild stimulant, much like caffeine. There is evidence that it could slow the post-surgical healing process, which is why most docs want zero nicotine tests before doing surgery, but it's many other chemicals in cigs that cause cancer, not nicotine.

I am not on here to debate with anyone. I am only here to give STARS my feedback of personal experience.

I started Vaping last year after quitting smoking for 30 years. I did not quit nor will I.

I have done my research and you should too. I do know it does not hinder your progress of WL from surgery.

My only concern is extra dehydration and dry mouth. Vaping in and of itself dehydrates you. WLS dehydrates you. I guess combined I get doubly dehydrated which in turn I drink way more than recommended. Do your homework and

Stay Calm and Vape!

The thing is, unless you have a vested interest, you would never do your homework. Most people just take the information fed to them by main stream media as fact. The facts are much different, and I can support everything I say. I'm with you! Most don't do their due diligence because it's so much easier to criticize something that looks like smoking. It's not like they care or anything.

On 6/5/2015 at 1:52 PM, bangbangbarbie said:

Please! Quit. Quit. Quit.

It’s okay there is no tabacco or Nicotine involved it’ll be fine as long as you are doing a mouth to lung hit it’ll bypass the stomach it is only flavoring and vegetable glycerin VG is found in almost everything consumable cakes, all other sweets, all canned Beans as well. It is the nicotine which is the hardest to quit.