Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, so I figured out how to navigate this app and post a topic! Yay!

OK so I recently had an A1C done and it's high, diagnosed with high cholesterol 2 years ago, tried every med to bring it down and either they don't work or I have had severe allergic reactions to them. My BMI is 40+ at 5'11 300lbs. I have been there done that when it comes to weightloss and diets....so I have come to the decision to make this surgery a reality. I have been looking at the bariatric pal specials and am torn between Dr.Ponce and Dr.V,

Wondering, if anyone has done this on the special, and would really like a detailed description as I am so nervous to make this commitment.

Also, would like to know why no one ever comments on the price of the OCC ? I initially was going to start the process with them but the fact that no one comments on price feels a little shady.

The OCC mentions the price range on this page:

http://www.obesitycontrolcenter.com/surgery-options/gastric-sleeve.php

The price can vary depending on your specific circumstancs. If this is your first bariatric surgery then you'd probably be at the lower end of that range.

It's just not mentioned because all you have to do is email them and they will give you a quote literally the same day????. Nothing shady about it. It is part of the paperwork that you sign as a patient stating not to discuss pricing online that's all. They give you a quote and don't hassle you in any way after. It's super simple????????

I had complications with my gastric plication from OCC in Mexico (nausea, not surgeon error), and I also had to have the lap band that they placed during my plication revision removed in an emergency surgery here in the states (not due to surgeon error though). I saved up and now I'm getting sleeved here in the United states, but I have heard good things about Mexicali bariatric center. With that being said, the care I recieved at OCC was very good, and the facility was clean! And Dr Ortiz has great bedside manner, the sleeve patients when I was down there were practically bouncing out of bed right after surgery! Just email them and theyll get info to you ASAP

It's true. I looked at the clock when I got on the table for the anesthesia and it was 12:15. I was given a Water and made to get up and walk at 4pm. I'm not sure if it's technique or what but I was never on any narcotic like I see people mention. Weird right but I'm didn't question it!!

Hello everyone! I am new on here. I am looking to get the gastric sleeve done over in mexico. I am nervous on which doctor to pick. The phone representative mentioned a recovery house where I would stay at for 2 days. How does it look? Please share your experiences with me. Thank you

Hello everyone! I am new on here. I am looking to get the gastric sleeve done over in Mexico. I am nervous on which doctor to pick. The phone representative mentioned a recovery house where I would stay at for 2 days. How does it look? Please share your experiences with me. Thank you

There's this great great SUPPORT GROUP on Facebook.. go in there, it will help a lot, still helping me, and I had my surgery done a couple of months ago...there's a lot of real patients, but it is a really active group, even surgeon answer your questions..it's call Dr Carlos Altamirano Support Group, he's not my doctor, but he also works for bariatricpal, but even though I didn't use him, they left me in.

And here is my experience...

I will like to share my experience after 9 months because now I'm closer to my goal, but first of all because I know I made the best decision ever, it's not just how I look, but how I feel inside, I'm a healthier and happier person now, I have improved my relationship with family and friends. My self esteem was in the ground, therefore I wasn't too friendly, now people like to be close to me, and it's only been 9 months like a I said, Im doing all kinds of outdoor activities, I'm going to the gym, I have a new wonderful wardrobe, I'm dating, I love myself more than ever.... and everything started like this…I tried all kind of diets and diet pills before going to surgery, they helped, but only for a short period of time, and if I dropped 10 pounds, after a couple of months I gained 15, I kept going like this FOR YEARS, I just couldn't keep that weight away FOR GOOD, I went into depression, the worse year of my life, but yet the better, in January of 2014, I wasn't getting out of my house or job, obviously my family was a bit worried, I even went to therapy, I felt petty about myself, then I signed up in forums of people with the same issue I had... OUR WEIGHT, met this girl that was doing the same thing as I'm doing right now...sharing her story and helping people, I had made my own research, I looked up for doctors in Tijuana, and this girl told me about Bariatric Pal, they were so helpful, I started with them from nothing.... and they guided me in every decision I was taking, first, they gave me my options, I visited the doctors they recommend, and I stayed with Dr. Lopez,I felt really comfortable with him, It felt like he knew me, well to make the story short, Bariatric Pal made all the arrangements for me, the day of my surgery, they picked me up in San Diego, they took us (my brother and I) to the clinic, as I hoped, they made me feel so welcome, I signed up, a few papers, they explained to me everything I was signing and they gave me my room, they did all kinds of pre-op tests, EKG, etc.. they gave me a pill to calm me down, since I was really nervous,I had Dr. Lopez visited me before surgery, I liked that, because sometimes you never get to see your surgeon, I think he gave the attention every patient deserves, we deserve to be treated as humans, if it is not too much to ask, well SURGERY went great, no complications, afterwards a Lil bit of dizziness, nauseated, but that's just normal, I stayed two days in there, then Mike from Bariatric pal drove us to the recovery house where my brother stayed while I was at the hospital, they didn't have a room for him, but the guys from BP take great care of him as they did for me the two extra day we decided to stay at their RH, then they drove me back to San Diego the day Dr. Lopez discharges me...I will be in debt with all the staff the rest of my life.

My recuperation, had its ups and downs, but I did a lot of reading, about what I could eat, which is one of the hardest parts of it, I learned my vegetables, my Protein, and I learned to eat, I would cheer myself up every time I felt this was too much to handle, my family and friends helped a lot also, but now I know it was the BEST DECISION EVER, I'm proud of myself, and telling my story because I want people to feel the same way I do, I'm still dropping weight, and I will keep telling my stories, my progress and my humble advice in case you need support.

Awww great story!!!

I went with dr. Jesus Lopez and Bariatricpal patient services, I recommend them with all my guts...I really appreciate what the whole staff did for me, you can even go alone and its like visiting friends...give them an opportunity, you can join Dr. Lopez Facebook support group and also bariatrics deals page, there's a lot of support there and plus you learn a lot about other patients experiences, plus, I believe they running a special deal that includes Medical Tourism insurance...ask them, they can give you more information, when I had my procedure done, they did not have the Medical Tourism insurance package!! GOOD LUCK.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/482115818611623/?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BariatricSurgeryDeals/?fref=ts