Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey there September sleevers! Any one out there?

Me also. Hope to have date by sept 1 and hoping for surgery about oct 1

I don't have the patience for October!! Lol I only had a three months requirement by my insurance. But it has been so long for me!

It will be so nice when we are also on the surgery list! Woo Hoo-- it is coming soon.

What I'm excited about ... The sleevers before us, will keep us up-to-date on their liquid diets. I also hope that they share there feeling after surgery. it is amazing to me how everyone has kept up with this and I'm so happy for that progress.????

I made the decision to have the sleeve back in November of 2014 and I finally just received my surgery date yesterday. I am having it done on September 24th, I am very Excited and Nervous!

What is all the talk about sleep study?

It seems SO many patients require it for insurance purposes.

My insurance requires the existence of 2 comorbidities if the BMI is < 40. Sleep apnea is one of the comorbidities that they consider. I had a sleep study as it was my last possible option to getting approved by insurance... BMI of 35, high cholesterol, and otherwise healthy... unless you consider depression, arthritis (knees), back pain, etc...

My doctor recently added EGD to his protocol. When I had my pre-op appt for the EGD, couple of weeks ago, yet my EGD isn't until the end of August, I asked him why... Basically, it comes down to his experience in the procedure and better patient recovery.

Moni5855, me either nut I'm gonna be pushing it too. Last but appt is Sept 9th and they submit then. Dr said my insurance responds within the week but we'll see. They schedule my pre op the day of my last nut visit. So just gonna barely squeek by

Edited by perk4756

Not for the faint, how many are September sleevers?

Hi...I am on my journey...had a lap band in 2010...had it removed in May 2015...have completed my phyc and nutrition.. and have OK from primary doc..

I was thinking of a revision to GS..but Dr has given me all of my options..including switch / sleeve... I am worried about thinning hair. Has any body any advice....? I have an appt with Dr in 3 wks.it's then I will tell him my decision. I'm so anxious to get a surgery date....but more worried about a DS causing hair lose or thinning.

Any advise or experience would so appreciated!!!

Hi...I am on my journey...had a lap band in 2010...had it removed in May 2015...have completed my phyc and nutrition.. and have OK from primary doc..

I was thinking of a revision to GS..but Dr has given me all of my options..including switch / sleeve... I am worried about thinning hair. Has any body any advice....? I have an appt with Dr in 3 wks.it's then I will tell him my decision. I'm so anxious to get a surgery date....but more worried about a DS causing hair lose or thinning.

Any advise or experience would so appreciated!!![

Hello and welcome !

I understand how you feel I have a decision to make as well. I had my heart set on having GS! My surgeon recommended the RNY..

I was completely skeptical and not really wanting to do it. Started doing Research and going to support groups. what I found is that people like me, that have lost weight (80) lb to regaining back :( having a GS will be a temporary fix.. The possibility of me stretching out my stomach will be greater. The hunger hormone will return after a few years.. So the more I talked to people, the more I realize what decision I needed to make.

Talk to as many people as you can. do a lot of research. It helped me make my decision I hope that helps.

@@moni5855 - I'm not being mean - but concern of Hair loss over better health and a longer life? I'm not a proponent of the band - it's a half measure with too many opportunities to set yourself up to fail. Whatever you go with is a life-altering change. You have to commit and mean it. Until then, you shouldn't do anything. Do you trust your physician? Big so, do as he suggests. Or, get a 2nd opinion. Sending you strength to do what is best for you..

September 14th for me!

Great news thelakeisgone!