Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey there September sleevers! Any one out there?

The pre-op info from my surgeon says the purpose of the liquid diet is to shrink your liver and to ensure your stomach is empty. It also serves as a bowel prep.

Your body will have an easier time recovering from surgery if there is nothing to digest in your stomach for a few days before. Then the "nothing by mouth after midnight" is so you don't vomit during anesthesia and aspirate your vomit, which can be extremely dangerous.

Thanks for sending the link to the FB group! I joined, but it's not showing up in my groups list. Any ideas?? And if anyone is interested, I just started a blog at https://sarahssleevedlife.wordpress.com/

So far, there's only one post... pretty much my whole story! Feel free to check it out if you're interested.

Does anyone else have blog or any VSG blogs that they follow?

Wow! Very impressive how far you have come! You are a true trooper girl I'll tell ya. Almost made me cry reading your blog. Didn't know how to leave a comment tho. Advise plz. Lol. So very happy you ate on here to go thru this journey with us and especially me! You are a true inspiration to me.. ☺

Sjfink try searching September sleevers in your FB search bar. If you already clicked on accept invite in the actual email then it should let you see it now in your groups.

Thanks for sending the link to the FB group! I joined, but it's not showing up in my groups list. Any ideas?? And if anyone is interested, I just started a blog at https://sarahssleevedlife.wordpress.com/

So far, there's only one post... pretty much my whole story! Feel free to check it out if you're interested.

What an amazing journey!!!! Only going up from here.

But a pound is a pound. If the goal is to loose weight prior to surgery, why do a crash 2 week diet vs something else. Could a clear liquid diet serve another purpose?

I was told to shrink your liver

the two diet is to shrink your liver, because it sits directly over the stomach... it makes getting to the stomach easier.

it did me like that for 20 mins... try logging in online a few times... not the app

Thanks for all of your kind words and support! I'm sitting at the lab waiting for them to take my blood, but I'll try logging in and out of FB when I get home to my laptop & hopefully that'll let me see the group!

And Perk, you asked about leaving a comment on my blog. I think the link is at the top of the post (at least that's where it is when I look from my phone).

Wow… after I'm done with labs, my next step is pre-op appointments on 8/20!!

Yay!! Go girl go!! ☺

For the past 6|7 years since I've had this weight I never like pics of me. But can't wait to actually like the way I look again. Crazy thing is inside I still feel like the thin girl I always was before all my back surgeries. And honestly by doing the new exercises daily my back and legs are already getting so much stronger I don't always need my cane already. So I'm confident that the more I do, and lose the weight that I won't need it at all which is my second goal. ☺

Keep doing what you're doing, Perk... and you'll keep feeling better!

I've tried logging in and out of FB from y computer, searching for the group and even tried the email link again, and nothing is working. I did find a couple of other groups for sleevers that look interesting, so I joined those. I'll keep you posted!

September 1st is my date. I'm excited but a little upset that my surgeons office had to reschedule(original date was august 27th). I know it's well worth it, just frustrated I have to resubmit paperwork for FMLA, short term disability, and whatnot.

Edited by tera1982

Hey September Sleever's! I'm with you : )

Surgery date September 10, 2015.

Having difficulty sticking with the pre-op meal plan but making small changes slowly. Hoping I can get on track. Look forward to hearing about your journey's!