Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey there September sleevers! Any one out there?

Just began my journey, but my insurance doesn't require a supervised diet so my surgeon said September is realistic. Next stop- Psych eval the 23rd, NUT apt the 28th then SUBMITTING TIME! I'm very excited to move on into this chapter of my life, considering i've been overweight since BIRTH. haha :)

welcome and thanks for joining us! we also have a fb group if you are interested message me or post your email.

Welcome!

Bjcarver you are lucky no wait time

I consider myself very lucky! My mother had gastric bypass with the same insurance 4 years ago and was required to do a 6 month supervised diet. She was very surprised when she found out I wasn't. Thank you for being welcoming ladies!

I don't have a diet, but have to see a nutritionist for 6 months

I'm on month 5 of 6 with my nutritionist. Like most plans I don't have to lose during this time but CANNOT gain (not even one monthly weigh in can be higher than recorded start weight!). So far this has been my weigh ins: down 5, same, down 1, same, and have to weigh in Monday again. Nervous I'm up since last month but not over starting so should be ok. Month 6 is the 3 hour class on August 20th and since nutrition is part of that it counts as 6th visit. Then we can finally file w insurance!!!

Edited by sleeve_getter

Just began my journey, but my insurance doesn't require a supervised diet so my surgeon said September is realistic. Next stop- Psych eval the 23rd, NUT apt the 28th then SUBMITTING TIME! I'm very excited to move on into this chapter of my life, considering i've been overweight since BIRTH. haha :)

yeah... i didn't have a supervised diet... but the process took five month because of scheduling issues. Welcome to the group

sleeve_getter- I finish my 6th NUT on Aug 19th! Maybe we will be sleeved at the same time! My surgeon only does them on Tuesdays. That way everyone stays in the hospital on Tuesday & Wednesday and go home on Thursday. Hopefully we will get our dates fairly soon after our final NUT appt.

MarciaN that would be awesome! I've been told by my case worker approval takes about 3 weeks once she submits it and then depends how surgeons schedule looks. But would love to find a buddy that will be on my timeframe!

I finish my last nutritionist Sept 9 th. Finished with everything else. Seen surgeon today and he said that day I will be scheduled for my surgery and pre op visit with him. ☺

It is starting to get exciting now that we are all getting closer to our surgery! This forum is such a great support tool.

Super exciting!!! ????????

Agreed, still so far away

So I keep going back and forth wether or not to tell my job? You just use vacation... As if nothing happened. Any thoughts? Have you told your employer?

I have not been at my job long enough to use FMLA, so I chose to tell my manager. I am shooting for surgery on September 4th because that is the Friday before the long weekend and also because my son's birthday is September 1st and I didn't want his birthday to be overshadowed by my surgery. My manager has been great and said that he will do everything he can to work with me. I plan some personal days and vacation days combined.